When was the last time you did a scrub head-to-toe shower?

Fizzzzle

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

TWICE A DAY?!

dude, do you hate the earth, or yourself? Or both? Don't answer that.

I need to be clean going to work. It’s how I'm built. My grandfather was exactly like me in this regard. The second shower after work is to clean off all the paper dust and ink I get on myself when cleaning the machine. 

Plus I want to go to bed clean to keep my sheets clean.

Here are my thoughts on the matter: you keep saying it's bad and dries out your skin, but so what? If my skin and scalp are dry, I've certainly never noticed or been bothered by it. You're begging the question. And from an environmental standpoint yeah, conserving water is good, but I'm willing to bet in the aggregate that the problem is the same as climate change: billion dollar corporations are enabled to bleed our natural resources dry, and individual action is nice but ultimately doesn't solve the issue (to say nothing of the shift in burden). You need to wash your shit more often, man.

I'm just not willing to deal with weeks of nasty, greasy hair to test it out. I don't have issues with flakes or anything, so I'll keep washing my hair daily. People actually compliment my hair because it's so soft and straight. It's basically virgin hair. Other than a couple instances of minor highlights when I was 18, I've never colored or otherwise treated my hair.

I kind of weaned myself of shampoo. For some reason I thought it was making me go bald (it wasn't and I'm not, at least not yet), but I used to get greasy hair like crazy, to the point I was sometimes shampooing twice a day depending on what I was doing. My hair would get greasy fast.

I slowed it down to like every other day, then every couple days, then once a week, then to now where I just use shampoo when I feel like I need to. My hair stopped getting so greasy.

I condition my hair almost every shower, though. Not sure what conditioner even does, really, but it feels nice.

• 1 month later...