Stellar Blade (Korean Bayonetta/NieR:Automata | PS5 | 26 April 2024) - reviews from OpenCritic and Digital Foundry posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

55 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I've never seen someone this deranged. Now he is bragging how good he looks lmao.  🤣 

I am blocking this clown now. 

It's deranged to respond to someone calling you an incel that, based on what others here know about me, is likely not to be true, particularly given I'm married? But sure, I'm the clown responding to ridiculous claims about me. And oh hey, just like I predicted, you didn't follow up you initial, shallow baseless claims with anything substantive. I have never blocked another user so I think this says far more about you than it does about me. 

giphy.gif

And nothing of value was lost. 

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's deranged to respond to someone calling you an incel that, based on what others here know about me, is likely not to be true, particularly given I'm married? But sure, I'm the clown responding to ridiculous claims about me. And oh hey, just like I predicted, you didn't follow up you initial, shallow baseless claims with anything substantive. I have never blocked another user so I think this says far more about you than it does about me. 

giphy.gif

And nothing of value was lost. 

I love how you are only quoting me when others made comments your way. You just can't help yourself can ya. Hey, I'm not upset in fact I'm in a great mood right now. I'm about to eat dinner. :sun:

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Both?  Didn’t you just buy Avatar?

Yep. I'll be playing Avatar and Stellar Blade simultaneously and then Top Spin later in the evenings. Hey, I have a bunch of free time. :p

• Shocked 1

Looks like those "fans" who have been celebrating how "uncensored" this game is are now turning on the game and Sony because they are claiming censorship over some lace on the outfits. 🤦‍♀️

While some of the stuff is outrageous nitpicking it's hilarious these nuts didn't expect this. It's Sony, they cracked down on lewd games a long time ago. I'm surprised they even let this game be on their system. Sony must have been really desperate to get a game for this year. :p

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Looks like those "fans" who have been celebrating how "uncensored" this game is are now turning on the game and Sony because they are claiming censorship over some lace on the outfits. 🤦‍♀️

While some of the stuff is outrageous nitpicking it's hilarious these nuts didn't expect this. It's Sony, they cracked down on lewd games a long time ago. I'm surprised they even let this game be on their system. Sony must have been really desperate to get a game for this year. :p

I think Shuhei Yoshida sought this one out. He’s usually got an eye for different games Sony can work with.

• Sicko Sherman 1

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's not even clear it's censored instead of just an artistic choice. The lace is pretty and see through, and various other outfits still have all out cleavage. 

You know you're fucked when even this release of Stellar Blade isn't sexualized enough for you.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Are we ever going to just talk about the game itself or is it going to be a cluster fuck again?

I'm playing soon so I'll post impressions. But jfc. 

We could always get into the Hard "R" controversy that people were complaining about with this game.

29 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Apparently this is racist.

Internet taught me yesterday that a "Hard R" isn't when a movie really earned its "R" rating.

The amount of people who genuinely don't know what "hard R" means is astounding to me.

But I have a much more pressing question: have they removed her vagina bones?

p2irL8i.png

I'm in the hard "no bones, no bone" camp ever since this masterpiece.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Are we ever going to just talk about the game itself or is it going to be a cluster fuck again?

I'm playing soon so I'll post impressions. But jfc. 

I fully plan on discussing it once I get a chance to play it, much like I did for the demo :) 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Jesus. 12 hours.  But why not play tonight? Its Friday evening and the weekend.

I'm gamed out. Played 4 hours of Avatar today. I'll play it first thing tomorrow morning and then play Top Spin. 

Yeah this is a good ass looking console game. Might be my last ps5 regular game before the pro comes out so I’m glad they nailed down a good IQ/performance here. A lot of the current gen only stuff on console is just too rough IQ wise for me when there isn’t a pc day1 release to not just wait. I fully blame amd for this.

Game has such a good opening and the music is already A+++. Art design minus the humans is top notch. Nice windows for perfect party/dodge and an air dodge have me hype on the combat early on. 

As far as the controversy surrounding the game, I mostly just think the main character design is dumb. It doesn’t ruin the game for me but it’s just stupid and they should make a normal character next time because man what a self inflicted wound. I don’t think it’s as big of a part of the game as some people make it out to be, but also it’s not something worth celebrating and is a negative. 

Game has a good spacey weirdness to its atmosphere. Pretty hype. I think John’s DF review does a good job summing up why this one ended up sparking my interest. Just a really solid performing action game without any major issues, 20hour~ length, random bits of varied mechanics sprinkled throughout. And lots of vibes.

• Hype 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah this is a good ass looking console game. Might be my last ps5 regular game before the pro comes out so I’m glad they nailed down a good IQ/performance here. A lot of the current gen only stuff on console is just too rough IQ wise for me when there isn’t a pc day1 release to not just wait. I fully blame amd for this.

Game has such a good opening and the music is already A+++. Art design minus the humans is top notch. Nice windows for perfect party/dodge and an air dodge have me hype on the combat early on. 

As far as the controversy surrounding the game, I mostly just think the main character design is dumb. It doesn’t ruin the game for me but it’s just stupid and they should make a normal character next time because man what a self inflicted wound. I don’t think it’s as big of a part of the game as some people make it out to be, but also it’s not something worth celebrating and is a negative. 

Game has a good spacey weirdness to its atmosphere. Pretty hype. I think John’s DF review does a good job summing up why this one ended up sparking my interest. Just a really solid performing action game without any major issues, 20hour~ length, random bits of varied mechanics sprinkled throughout. And lots of vibes.

Translation: Play when cheap/free on PS+.