Chex mix is the ideal snack

Chris-

The number of ingredients provides a pleasing amount of taste and texture variety, and their flexibility allows for both savory and sweet variations. I know everyone was pimping Combos in another thread, but I really think it is hard to consider Combos the best when Chex Mix Bold exists, let alone some of the absolutely awesome homemade Chex mixes that people can whip up (or the other brands' take; Trader Joe's version is dangerously addictive). I haven't tried some of the more exotic Chex Mixe varieties (like Hot & Spicy), but now that I'm a hot sauce guy it is absolutely on my to do list. In short, you are all wrong: Chex mix is the best snack.

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Pretzels and the brown things ruin Chex mix so it is not the ideal snack.

Try the Trader Joe's version, each item is better in their take on it. You could also make you own that has whatever you want, even if it is just the Chex (that still constitutes a Chex mix IMO).

When I get Chex Mix I pour them into a big bowl and pick out the pretzels and breadsticks and throw them in the trash. If the pretzels were salted they would be fine but they are bland as fuck and and weaken the overall flavor. I also prefer the cheddar version. I do like the rye chips in the regular version as well. I wish they could be less hard but I like them. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

Trail mix is good but way too much sugar IMO.

You can get one without chocolate which helps with the sugar.  TM has more protein and less sodium. 

Trail mix is my main stash snack at work. I find trail mixes to be more filling without the need to eat a lot it. Doesn’t leave crumbs on my desk. Hands stay relatively clean. Doesn’t give me gas. 10/10

Back in high school on a class trip to Boston I got food poisoning after eating some janky turkey. The last thing I’d eaten before the vomit storm was Chex mix. For years even seeing bagged Chex mix in the grocery store would cause my stomach to turn and if I smelled it I’d come close to vomiting. That was 25 years ago or so, and while I don’t have reactions anywhere near that dramatic anymore, I still can’t bring myself to eat it, even though I love it so.

I ate an entire party size (or whatever the big one is called) bag of Munchies in one day when I was in high school, I've never been able to enjoy them much since. Also I kind of just don't like Doritos.

Gardetto's are better than Chex Mix imo, but I do wish that Gardetto's had Chex pieces in them. That would be an S-tier snack. Like Combos, which are an S-tier snack.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I ate an entire party size (or whatever the big one is called) bag of Munchies in one day when I was in high school, I've never been able to enjoy them much since. Also I kind of just don't like Doritos.

Gardetto's are better than Chex Mix imo, but I do wish that Gardetto's had Chex pieces in them. That would be an S-tier snack. Like Combos, which are an S-tier snack.

What tier do Koala Yummies fall under?

or Dunkaroos?

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What tier do Koala Yummies fall under?

or Dunkaroos?

I don't like sweet snacks, but I used to go ham on some of the Koala cookies at my friend's house when I was a kid. B-tier for nostalgia purposes. Dunkaroos are terrible. F-tier. I didn't even like dunkaroos as a kid, and that's saying something.

46 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I don't like sweet snacks, but I used to go ham on some of the Koala cookies at my friend's house when I was a kid. B-tier for nostalgia purposes. Dunkaroos are terrible. F-tier. I didn't even like dunkaroos as a kid, and that's saying something.

What would you rate dunkaroos on a plane?

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What would you rate dunkaroos on a plane?

Oh, we're doing plane rankings for snacks now? In that case....

0/10, I hate eating on planes. Movies become better on planes, snacks become worse. The other day I had to sit next to a guy who was eating a fucking cheeseburger on the plane. Dick move. Don't be cheeseburger-on-the-plane guy.

And what was worse is that it wasn't like a "oh shit I'm hungry, lemme grab something from McDonald's real quick on my way to the gate," this was takeout from a restaurant. Meaning he sat in the restaurant and specifically got the burger to take with him on the plane and ate it as soon as we took off.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Oh, we're doing plane rankings for snacks now? In that case....

0/10, I hate eating on planes. Movies become better on planes, snacks become worse. The other day I had to sit next to a guy who was eating a fucking cheeseburger on the plane. Dick move. Don't be cheeseburger-on-the-plane guy.

And what was worse is that it wasn't like a "oh shit I'm hungry, lemme grab something from McDonald's real quick on my way to the gate," this was takeout from a restaurant. Meaning he sat in the restaurant and specifically got the burger to take with him on the plane and ate it as soon as we took off.

Last time on a plane there was a woman across the aisle who had a cheeseburger and fries with ketchup packets. And this woman had her food and was waiting for like a half hour at the gate. She had plenty of time to eat it but waited for the second we got into the air to crack it open. I would have been so irritated if I was next to her. 

• Guillotine 2

3 minutes ago, Rachel said:

what the actual fuck that looks nasty 

Combos are a trash tier snack. 

Just now, Rachel said:

what’s wrong with eating a burger on the plane? The fries and ketchup is a bit weird for a plane but just the burger seems okay? I’ve eaten a sandwich on the plane before that I bought before the plane and it was easy to eat and not a big deal I think. 

because it stinks

Just now, Rachel said:

Burgers smell good though? If it were like tuna or something I could see that but if it’s regular food that smells normal, whatever. People gotta eat. 

A cold cut sandwich is no big deal. Burgers are greasy and smelly, and not necessarily something you want to be smelling when you're trapped next to someone in a metal tube for hours.

Yeah, you might like the smell, and maybe a lot of people do normally when they are eating one, but a burger PUTS OUT a lot of smell. You don’t really smell a cold sandwich unless you specifically have some smelly shit on it. Generally you have to be careful with anything cooked really.