Chex mix is the ideal snack

Chris-

Not a plane but my first day at work at the place I’m currently employed with, someone microwaved a fish sandwich. At work. And then people started complaining. AND THEN SOMEONE SAID IT WAS ME WHO DID IT.

So then I get talked to by hr about it like “oh sorry this is embarrassing but please don’t microwave fish sandwiches at work” and I tell her it wasn’t fucking me like no shit you don’t do that. And then, since I was originally hired as a temp, the agency calls me to talk to me about it like they didn’t believe me or some shit.

Like there weren’t that many people there that day, it should have been easy enough to find out who it actually was, I’d probably start looking at whatever asshole said it was me in the first place.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Not a plane but my first day at work at the place I’m currently employed with, someone microwaved a fish sandwich. At work. And then people started complaining. AND THEN SOMEONE SAID IT WAS ME WHO DID IT.

So then I get talked to by hr about it like “oh sorry this is embarrassing but please don’t microwave fish sandwiches at work” and I tell her it wasn’t fucking me like no shit you don’t do that. And then, since I was originally hired as a temp, the agency calls me to talk to me about it like they didn’t believe me or some shit.

Like there weren’t that many people there that day, it should have been easy enough to find out who it actually was, I’d probably start looking at whatever asshole said it was me in the first place.

It was my fish sandwich and it was DELICIOUS!

This thread was in my mind as I went grocery shopping after work. It's been years since I had a bag of Chex Mix, so I grabbed a bag of Traditional. While I was there, I also grabbed a bag of Gardetto's to compare. The first thing that surprised me was the price: identical! The Chex Mix has like .15oz more, but in my mind Gardetto's was always the "premium" option, so I was surprised they were so closely matched. Now, maybe my taste buds are weak, but to me they taste basically identical. The only noticeable different to me was the obvious one - only one has Chex. I like what the Chex adds to the mix, but a little goes a long way. So I mixed the two into a bigger bag, and I think that's just about perfect for me. 

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

This thread was in my mind as I went grocery shopping after work. It's been years since I had a bag of Chex Mix, so I grabbed a bag of Traditional. While I was there, I also grabbed a bag of Gardetto's to compare. The first thing that surprised me was the price: identical! The Chex Mix has like .15oz more, but in my mind Gardetto's was always the "premium" option, so I was surprised they were so closely matched. Now, maybe my taste buds are weak, but to me they taste basically identical. The only noticeable different to me was the obvious one - only one has Chex. I like what the Chex adds to the mix, but a little goes a long way. So I mixed the two into a bigger bag, and I think that's just about perfect for me. 

Disbelief Reaction GIF

Plane burgers are new for me.

But I sat next to a guy from Philadelphia once and he asked, "You ever had a real Philadelphia hoagie?" and I told him no. And he said, "You've never had a real Philadelphia hoagie?!?!" so then he pulled one out and gave me half. Nice guy. He also let me watch My Cousin Vinny with him on his portable device and gave me a handful of trail mix (or something, maybe it was Chex mix! :o )

• Shocked 1

10 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Oh, we're doing plane rankings for snacks now? In that case....

0/10, I hate eating on planes. Movies become better on planes, snacks become worse. The other day I had to sit next to a guy who was eating a fucking cheeseburger on the plane. Dick move. Don't be cheeseburger-on-the-plane guy.

And what was worse is that it wasn't like a "oh shit I'm hungry, lemme grab something from McDonald's real quick on my way to the gate," this was takeout from a restaurant. Meaning he sat in the restaurant and specifically got the burger to take with him on the plane and ate it as soon as we took off.

E5ExJIZVoAA8yaL?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2