Microsoft's gaming division reports $15.4 billion in revenue for FY21 (best year ever), up 33% YOY

I know the Pandemic has helped just about all spending across the board for entertainment like this, but Microsoft has released just about nothing from their 1st party stable and still seeing huge growth in Games and Services.  

Once their 1st party gets going and Game Pass continues to grow, they are gonna be doing some crazy numbers.

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I’m talking about Andrew, but I have noticed you become inquisitive only in Sony threads for strange reasons. I’m sure @Mercury33 noticed too but it’s curious. 

I wish Microsoft shared more hard numbers, I am generally curious about the business of gaming and how certain decisions will effect things. 

It'd be cool to see how Outriders and the Show affected Game Pass subs more directly.  And how Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 might.  But MS chooses not to unfortunately.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

I wish Microsoft shared more hard numbers, I am generally curious about the business of gaming and how certain decisions will effect things. 

Which is why sharing revenue numbers alone isn't quite enough.  It does illustrate that Series consoles are still in high demand, and Games Pass is retaining subscribers after promotional periods.

What I'd really like to know is how much MS is spending on Games Pass licensing deals compared to Epic's freebies.