Rumor: Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver Remaster in Development

heydude93

Yeah I'd rather see a full on remake if they're gonna do anything. It was a Playstation game. A remaster is only going to look so good. 

I wouldn't mind seeing it get the RE2 treatment, or maybe even a Halo Anniversary style facelift where you can switch back and forth on the fly.

EDIT: Maybe Toys for Bob can have a mass walkout on the next CoD and do this instead lol.

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I can't imagine a remaster being all that great.  Games have progressed so much since then.

A reimagining would be better.

Yup, I tried to play this about a year ago. It wasn't great. It needs much more than pretty graphics.

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

I enjoyed this series in HS. I'm kinda getting tired of remakes/remaster and would prefer a new game. 

Same, though I understand the need to test the waters (whilst stealth getting the game to alpha) to gauge the potential sales.

The ending of the last one is the perfect place to pick up the series. You can have a new game that is a direct sequel while simultaneously giving the story a reimagining, because breaking the cycle and changing things is the entire point of what Kain and Raziel were trying to do. 

Spoiler

The last game ended with future Kain back in time just after the moment past Kain made his choice to live at the end of the first game.