I’m Getting a Puppy. UPDATE: New Pup Is Here(pics/videos on Page 2)

silentbob

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Isn't that just the dog in your icon?

That one is Buddy who is 9.5yrs old and just had some cancerous nodes removed (thankfully localized) a few months ago. We have been thinking about this for roughly 2 years and got more serious as Covid came. This cancer scare has just reassured us that we are making the right decision. Currently the wait list for golden retrievers in southern Ontario right now goes into either 22/23. We got lucky because 16 years ago we got our first golden from these breeders and allowed us to skip the wait list being returning clients.

Bonus Pic

spacer.png

• Like 4

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve watch that little guy walk to my mom’s hands, in that little snippet tonight. He is just a cutie, and beat out his other brother for our love. This guy and his brother were placed in a pen with me, mom and my sister to interact with them. The other guy literally fucked off and took a crap in the corner of the pen and never came up to us. This guy came right up to all 3 of us, rubbing his little face into our hands and chewing on my fingers. Then I got on my knees and he came crawling between my legs and started to lick my leg. Then we moved elsewhere where the wind was being shielded by the house, and that’s where most of the pics came from. I can’t wait to see how my current dog Buddy reacts to this. Take him on a walk and whines at every dog near and far, and is an attention whore. . . . and now we have a 2nd one coming

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • silentbob changed the title to I’m Getting a Puppy. UPDATE: He’s Home

The little guy has been sleeping a lot today and think he’s growing again. We had a dish on the ground for him to get a drink, but he would rather get on his hunches and drink it out of Buddy’s “14 riser dish instead. Even tries to eat his food between his dish and Bud’s, but stop him to let him know it’s not his. Plus the one time I didn’t bring my phone outside, he had fitz of “puppy zoomies” Stop, pounce, quick dig, look, hop run,pounce, run, dig, jump slide, dig, run and checks Buddy into the side, runs back, pounce on dirt again and crashes. So I’m going to catch them on camera one day but some new pics will have to do

here is Buddy meeting Fozzy for the first time. . . with sound

lBglBLp.mp4
spacer.png
spacer.png
M0A16ma.jpg

spacer.png

• Like 2

They’re getting closer everyday, and he grew today. We have a Mr. Turtle pool that he needed to help himself get a drink from by hoisting himself over with his paws. Today he can now get a drink from it by standing. . . in 3 days. Although he is sleeping more but you can hear his joints click when we play wrestle now. At least it sets up for a photo like this 

spacer.png

• Like 3

They are a lot of work for a dog with their energy, but when he crashes for a sleep. His soft puppy fur is slowly disappearing, getting more red golden colour, and growing everyday. Buddy has become a little possessive of his toys in the house when Fozzy wants to play with him, showing a lot of teeth. Something we gotta curb a little, as we want him to let him know his place, but yesterday was a bit much. Plus we got Fozzy a harness today to try and get him on some little walks near the house (just a few houses) So went to a local Petsmart store to get him fitted and everyone had to see him. On the way back I hit 3 red lights, same car beside me, and at the third light they wanted us to role down the window. My mom had Fozzy on her chest and the people next to us (older folks) just crossed their arms over their hearts and asked if he needed a home. 

Vq0cbrx.jpg

MENrdIK.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Probably just reducing the amount of toys should help with trying to protect them. I can't introduce certain types of toys with mine because they start getting angry at each other over them. The temptations is let's get them something fun, but if it leads to a fight that's less fun. 

its a simple twig in the backyard that is a toy for anyone of them, and we have a lot of twigs and branches from a couple windy days. The possessive thing is becoming more of a I just need a fucking break from you kid. I gotta get video of Fozzy lowering himself into his prowler hunting mode before turns it into a 3 jump then pounce at Buddy. He just loves pulling hard on his lips and ears and we are letting Buddy determine what is too much. If we see the teeth coming out we will let him growl at him and Fozzy is pretty great at leaving him alone afterwards. We now know what is food and who might be eating it, and today actually barked at us as we ate lunch. We stopped eating our food, sad NO repeatedly when he made any forward movement towards us. He learned fast, took himself away from us and laid down to rest. My goal now is to catch him outside when a fire truck drives by our house, cause he howls with the siren and god damn is it ever adorable.  

spacer.png

(pardon my finger)

• Like 2