Preferred MCU viewing order?

1. Captain Marvel - takes place in 1995, establishes Fury and Coulson as characters, there is retconning you have ignore, though

2. Iron Man - super heroes aren't a thing yet until the post-credits scene

3. Iron Man 2 - they make a reference to Thor during the movie but it's like halfway through

4. Thor - takes place roughly the same time as Iron Man 2

5. The Incredible Hulk - only because Tony Stark is in the end scene setting up the Avengers implying it takes place after Iron Man 2, movie is entirely skippable, though

6. Captain America: The First Avenger - First chronologically, but setting up the Tesseract and the end of the movie clearly are set ups for the Avengers, it fits better here

7. The Avengers

8 - Guardians of the Galaxy

9 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - director said takes place mere months after the first one

10/11 - Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World - interchangeable. I like them better after Guardians because we get the sense that a bit of time has passed since Avengers, it's weird to have them follow directly after

12 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - the fall of SHIELD is a big deal and skipping Earth shenanigans after it to spend time in space is jarring

13 - Avengers: Age of Ultron

14 - Ant-Man

15 - Captain America: Civil War

16 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - fits the best if Parker's life picks up right after Civil War rather than waiting a bunch of movies

17? - Black Widow? - seems like this movie will fit right about here, we'll see

18/19 - Doctor Strange and Black Panther - interchangeable

20 - Ant-Man and the Wasp - takes place at roughly the same time as Thor: Ragnarok, but I like it better first

21 - Thor: Ragnarok - sets up Infinity War better than Ant-Man imo

22 - Avengers: Infinity War

23 - Avengers: Endgame

24 - Spider-Man: Far from Home - takes place seemingly right after the blip, whereas the D+ series seem to take place some time after

25/26 - WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - interchangeable

The Netflix series pretty much aren't canon anymore and who cares about the ABC series.

57 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I remember several years ago, I binged the movies prior to Age of Ultron, I think. I can't imagine trying to binge them all now.

I just recently binged the whole thing.  If I were to do it, I would recommend doing like two a week. WandaVision episodes can be as little as 20 minutes long, so you can do the whole show in a couple nights, easy peasy.

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Goddamn what a warrior

Lol yeah it was during the lockdown... she loves the Marvel movies which is hilarious because I've collected comics since I was five and she couldn't have given less of a shit about superheroes when I was coming up. Now she LOVES these movies. I know for a fact she's seen Avengers Endgame more times than I have.

Not that any of the old movies look actually bad, but I'd rather not flip flop around different levels of quality so release order it is but also this:

44 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Release order and it will stay that way because I don't plan to rewatch any of them!

I think the only ones I have seen more than once are Iron Man and GOTG. 

The Woman and I recently finished binging them in timeline order.  So Cap 1 -> Cap Marvel -> IM -> IM2 -> and so on.  I felt it worked really well.  The only hitch is that a small handful of the post credits scenes didn't really make sense right away to my wife who didn't watch them all on theatrical release like I did so a couple of the "oh wow!" moments in post-credits were more like, "uh...what?" moments for her. :P

1 hour ago, Slug said:

The Woman and I recently finished binging them in timeline order.  So Cap 1 -> Cap Marvel -> IM -> IM2 -> and so on.  I felt it worked really well.  The only hitch is that a small handful of the post credits scenes didn't really make sense right away to my wife who didn't watch them all on theatrical release like I did so a couple of the "oh wow!" moments in post-credits were more like, "uh...what?" moments for her. :P

those are exactly why I would watch them in release order instead of timeline. 

Or just watch the handful of decent movies and skip the rest or just watch the trailers. Really the only thing that matters plot-wise is that these characters exist and they beat the bad guys. There you're caught up with Infinity War. Have fun. There's like a dozen movies you don't have to waste your life on.