Lies of P (aka "Pinocchio Bloodborne" - PC/PlayStation/XBox), update: "Lies of P x Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Collaboration Trailer"

• 3 weeks later...

On the last boss which I believe is optional and I'm gonna give this guy a couple of more tries and then say fuck it. This boss fight is borderline broken, there seems to be only ONE build type and playstyle that's effective against it (not my build or playstyle) and it's just not worth the aggravation. I like tough games but I've played enough of these games to know cheap game design when I see it.

• Shocked 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

On the last boss which I believe is optional and I'm gonna give this guy a couple of more tries and then say fuck it. This boss fight is borderline broken, there seems to be only ONE build type and playstyle that's effective against it (not my build or playstyle) and it's just not worth the aggravation. I like tough games but I've played enough of these games to know cheap game design when I see it.

Yet I read a review where the guy said he wasn't good at games yet best this. I don't get it. If you're struggling the game is broken like you said. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:
3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yet I read a review where the guy said he wasn't good at games yet best this. I don't get it. If you're struggling the game is broken like you said. 

I don't know who this dude is, and I don't know if he beat the last optional boss. If you're playing a certain build, he's doable. The problem is up until that point, you can get through the whole game including other tough boss fights using any build or playstyle as long as you know what you're doing. This boss REQUIRES you to be running a high stamina, tanky build and that's not what i had been running the whole game. Sucks because I was loving the game until this boss. He's optional, so you can finish the game without fighting him, but it sucks because he's cheap as hell and the game was pretty good at being challenging without being cheap until that point.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't know who this dude is, and I don't know if he beat the last optional boss. If you're playing a certain build, he's doable. The problem is up until that point, you can get through the whole game including other tough boss fights using any build or playstyle as long as you know what you're doing. This boss REQUIRES you to be running a high stamina, tanky build and that's not what i had been running the whole game. Sucks because I was loving the game until this boss. He's optional, so you can finish the game without fighting him, but it sucks because he's cheap as hell and the game was pretty good at being challenging without being cheap until that point.

Yea, that sucks. The guy was from GameSpot and he put it in his top 5 of the year. I understand you want to complete the game fully but it looks like it failed you. Fromsoft doesn't do that, correct?

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, that sucks. The guy was from GameSpot and he put it in his top 5 of the year. I understand you want to complete the game fully but it looks like it failed you. Fromsoft doesn't do that, correct?

Not any From Games I've played. The one of the toughest final boss fights in a From Game was Sekiro but that boss fight was doable, and even easy depending on who skilled you were with the game mechanics. EVERY other boss encounter in Lies of P follows the same logic except for this one. I could probably beat him if I repec my character into a strength build, but I shouldn't have to do that. The fact that he's optional and that they didn't have this problem with any of the other boss fights tells me they probably knew this encounter was cheap. Been looking around on other forums and the strats to beat him seem to be to just cheese him or make a strength build and hope for the best. That's not good game design in my opinion. Otherwise the game is great... until this fight.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Nameless Puppet sucks. If you’re running a technique build using the two dragon sword or whatever it’s called from the green swamp monster can work if you just parry all his shit. I used the “one shot” pipe wrench build and it took a bunch of tries to win both times. First form I had down to a science but second form sucked. I only started doing well when I just realized you don’t have time to do shit and be patient. Just dodge and get in a charged R2. Eventually he’ll stagger and I can get in a buffed R2 to get him down to almost dead then just be patient and get in that last R2 or two. Or actually I think once he was down that low I just throwable spammed because fuck Nameless Puppet.

23 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Nameless Puppet sucks. If you’re running a technique build using the two dragon sword or whatever it’s called from the green swamp monster can work if you just parry all his shit. I used the “one shot” pipe wrench build and it took a bunch of tries to win both times. First form I had down to a science but second form sucked. I only started doing well when I just realized you don’t have time to do shit and be patient. Just dodge and get in a charged R2. Eventually he’ll stagger and I can get in a buffed R2 to get him down to almost dead then just be patient and get in that last R2 or two. Or actually I think once he was down that low I just throwable spammed because fuck Nameless Puppet.

I was running the two dragon sword but I suck at parrying. I dodged everything in the game up until that point. Yeah every guide I saw was a combination of throw spam and luck. 

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was running the two dragon sword but I suck at parrying. I dodged everything in the game up until that point. Yeah every guide I saw was a combination of throw spam and luck. 

He’s too fast to throw spa, the whole fight. Just do it at the end when he’s down to Ana attack or two of health left. What I did was just dodge an attack and then get a charged R2 in. After like 4-5 he should stagger, and then you can finally unload and get him to low health and then repeat to get the win.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@Bacon thoughts? Tips? I was running a technique build that focused on dodging rather than blocking or parrying and he's damn near impossible to dodge. How did you beat him? What build/ strat did you use?

Well, for nameless puppet I used the sword spear weapon which was a str build. 

One tip is to buy the perfect guard grindstone that that gives you a short window in which your guard counts as a perfect guard.

The second tip is to just guard instead of dodge. A lot of people who play this game worry too much about dodging and perfect guarding/parry when it's far more important to just block. Obviously, this is made easier with a str weapon as they block better than dex weapons.

A third tip is just to watch someone else beat it so you can see exactly what needs to be done in order to beat the boss.

Fourth tip is to respec to a str build and used the sword spear if you can upgrade it.

I also have no idea how you built you p organ, but there are some options are far better than others. Buffing you special grindstone and having 2 charges of pretty much anything really helps. Weapon buffs are strong af and I used them all the time.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, for nameless puppet I used the sword spear weapon which was a str build. 

One tip is to buy the perfect guard grindstone that that gives you a short window in which your guard counts as a perfect guard.

The second tip is to just guard instead of dodge. A lot of people who play this game worry too much about dodging and perfect guarding/parry when it's far more important to just block. Obviously, this is made easier with a str weapon as they block better than dex weapons.

A third tip is just to watch someone else beat it so you can see exactly what needs to be done in order to beat the boss.

Fourth tip is to respec to a str build and used the sword spear if you can upgrade it.

I also have no idea how you built you p organ, but there are some options are far better than others. Buffing you special grindstone and having 2 charges of pretty much anything really helps. Weapon buffs are strong af and I used them all the time.

Yeah like I said... strength build. Every guide i watched was people just tanking his hits and blocking. I'm pretty sure If I recpec completely into a strength build, i'd be able to beat him. It just sucks that I have to do that with a build that had worked up until this point on every other boss in the game. The game allows for a wide variety of builds and play styles until this fight. Which sucks for this type of game.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah like I said... strength build. Every guide i watched was people just tanking his hits and blocking. I'm pretty sure If I recpec completely into a strength build, i'd be able to beat him. It just sucks that I have to do that with a build that had worked up until this point on every other boss in the game. The game allows for a wide variety of builds and play styles until this fight. Which sucks for this type of game.

There are technique weapons that behave as motivity weapons, but I can't recall which ones off the top of my head. It is hard to give out tips for dex builds since I never played one. I was on another forum where a guy was bashing his head against NP for like 8 hours and I just told him to give up and use my exact build and he beat the boss in like 3 tries after that.

If you don't mind me judging you ability I may be able to correct some mistakes but it really just depends. For some people I have had to tell them to just get good which isn't very helpful I know. 

But what weapon(s) are you using as well?

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

There are technique weapons that behave as motivity weapons, but I can't recall which ones off the top of my head. It is hard to give out tips for dex builds since I never played one. I was on another forum where a guy was bashing his head against NP for like 8 hours and I just told him to give up and use my exact build and he beat the boss in like 3 tries after that.

If you don't mind me judging you ability I may be able to correct some mistakes but it really just depends. For some people I have had to tell them to just get good which isn't very helpful I know. 

oh so you’ll help skillz but not best you fucking piece of shit racist 

• Haha 3
  • True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

@skillzdadirecta

Also, what are your stats and defense like? Lots have people have ignored HP and "Armor" which is a HUGE mistake.

aZDXdyo.png

Here is what I beat the game with. I am Slightly Heavy because armor is strong. You DO NOT fat roll at slightly heavy, but you have a stamina recovery penalty which I have countered with a trinket that increases my stam regen. Also, as you can see, Vit(HP) is just as important to me as Mot(Attack).

27 minutes ago, Bacon said:

@skillzdadirecta

Also, what are your stats and defense like? Lots have people have ignored HP and "Armor" which is a HUGE mistake.

aZDXdyo.png

Here is what I beat the game with. I am Slightly Heavy because armor is strong. You DO NOT fat roll at slightly heavy, but you have a stamina recovery penalty which I have countered with a trinket that increases my stam regen. Also, as you can see, Vit(HP) is just as important to me as Mot(Attack).

Yeah I'm rolling light because I played the whole game as a glass canon. I do high damage but can't take a lot of damage but that's fine. I didn't get hit much... until this fucker.

56 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Nah it's not a matter of getting good. I know how to play the game which is why I know that this boss is damn near impossible if you're not running a strength build. That's why I'm certain if I repec into a strenght build I'd beat him.

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Nah it's not a matter of getting good. I know how to play the game which is why I know that this boss is damn near impossible if you're not running a strength build. That's why I'm certain if I repec into a strenght build I'd beat him.

I also think a weapon change would help. Even with your dex build, if you could fully upgrade the Holy Sword it'd fuck up the final boss. It has very strong long-distance pokes in glaive form. It is easily the "n00b-tube" of this game and also the weapon I used lol.

Edit: I know this because I watched a guy fail using his dex weapon and then switch to the holy sword when his dex weapon wasn't working.

Spoiler

But I'll stop with the "switch to the holy sword" stuff now. But it honestly is my best advice if possible. It is such a great weapon. I love it.

For me, the last two bosses were pretty easy. Only needing 3 tries on both.

But the Archbishop and Green Monster were hard for me and the lightning lady was really FUCKIN' hard. Easily 10-20+ attempts on Lightning Lady. I have zero idea how many actual attempts lightning lady took but she was a hardass bitch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I feel kinda guilty for not giving the game a fair try. Meaning at least 5 hours or so, that's about the time where game mechanics are fully explained at least in most games. I played this coming strait off from playing Elden Ring for 2 months and about 80+ hours. I'll admit I didn't beat the game but it was a fantastic game and I had a blast! LoP looked the part but I'm bad at these games admittingly but they draw me in every time. ER is an Incredible game, I have only beaten Bloodborne and Demons souls. I own them all, really like DS3 but couldn't beat it so I moved on.

I do want to give LoP another shot inventually but knowing me I usually won't. I can't give an impression as I never really gave myself the chance to get invested enough for that. I'm sure it's a fine DS like game. Hell I still have to play Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom! Another day one nagging me in my backlogged mind. Loved BotW and I did start it and played it for about 3 hours only to move on! I'm not going to reveal my age {I have 5 kids & 10 Grand kids} but at this point it has to be pretty amazing {To me of course} to hold my attention. I didn't even start ER until it had been out for almost 2 years...lol I bought it for PS5 even before I was able to find one in a retail store and buy the console! Makes no sense but it is what it is, right now!

So in conclusion: LoP looks and played the part in which games I seemingly enjoy to play and I want to get back to it but the frustration I read above added to all my own roadblocks are starting to tell me what I already know. That is I won't enjoy it if it's that hard in the mid-late game....