Omarosa reveals audio of Trump campaign aides allegedly discussing potential fallout of N-word

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah but Tom Arnold is...Tom Arnold. For most people without the ability to get inside insight about this, Penn Jillette is the most credible person to date to make this claim.

Is he though?

Jillette says otherwise. However, he will not get in to the specifics of what Trump said because now that Trump is president, the "stakes are really high."

"Nothing I can say here hurts my career. But for the world the stakes are higher," he told Vulture. "And what I’m trying to do here is tell you the story emotionally without telling you specifics. I would not feel comfortable talking about what I felt I saw in that room — because when I was on that show I was sleeping four to five hours a night. I was uncomfortable. 'Stress' is the wrong word, but I was not at my best."

and yet, Jillette would not budge on specifics because "I am an unreliable narrator. What I do, as much as anything, is I’m a storyteller. And storytellers are liars. So I can emotionally tell you things that happened racially, sexually, and that showed stupidity and lack of compassion when I was in the room with Donald Trump and I guarantee you that I will get details wrong."

:lol: was he having a seizure?

1 minute ago, Littleronin said:

Isnt this akin to saying "I can't be racists because I have a black friend"?

More like "I can't be racist because the dirty ass hippy liberals interact with me."

Just like how the Chick-fil-A dude isn't a homophobe because liberals eat his chicken sandwich.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Tom Arnold has been saying for YEARS it exists... people I know who worked at NBC says it exists... IT EXISTS. Mark Burnett has a gag order on it though and if it leaks, whoever leaks it will have a million dollar fine staring at them. It's out there and if it comes out it will change... NOTHING.

EDIT: He also is on tape sexually harassing a camera woman and a makeup artist I believe.

Whoever gets that fine will have it paid off by GoFundMe or some other major doner in a week. But I will agree that it'll likely change nothing other than a few Republicans being "deeply concerned."

2 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Whoever gets that fine will have it paid off by GoFundMe or some other major doner in a week. But I will agree that it'll likely change nothing other than a few Republicans being "deeply concerned."

They won't be deeply concerned. They will state that they find it "unsettling" and they will say "we are waiting for the White House to offer clarification on these comments." But no concern, not even shallow concern.  

4 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

They were trying to get Mark Cuban to commit to paying the fine during the election... no dice.

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They were trying to get Mark Cuban to commit to paying the fine during the election... no dice.

If it is released this year, or in '20, my guess is that it will be that someone had access to the tape, but didn't want to risk the legal trouble to attack a guy we all knew wasn't going to win, anyway(remember those days?).

Then after the election, this hypothetical person realized they fucked up badly, but did the calculus that the most harmful thing to Trump would be to sit on it for an October surprise since releasing it too early would have it swept away by 100 other scandlets.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You guys realize Omarosa is probably gonna end up in jail right? I can't believe she hasn't broken some laws in recording the President and others IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Plea deal probably with Mueller.  No prosecution in exchange for everything she knows.  Assuming she can tell the truth. 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You guys realize Omarosa is probably gonna end up in jail right? I can't believe she hasn't broken some laws in recording the President and others IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Oh definately. Tapping the Sit room is a serious offense that shouldn't be hand waved away just because it happens to provide good fodder for "our side" this time.

It's a testament to the incompetence and corruption in this White House for all the times they want to paint guys like Comey or McCabe as leakers breaking the law the one person who really did break the law leaking about Donald Trump was hired by Donald Trump.

I mean, I will shed no tears for Omarosa. I found her unbearable on TV shows a decade before she ever stepped foot in the White House. And I am hesitant to cheer her on now that she decided to "join my side". In fact, to a certain extent knowing that she knew what was going on was wrong, and just how wrong things were, makes her complicity all the more damning.

That said, I heard some arguments in favor of her today that I thought were fair. First is that she is one of, if not the first, inner circle people to come forward and tell what she knows. She may be doing it for her own selfish reasons but, and I think this may be the most powerful reason to appreciate to some extent what she is doing, if you are waiting for the pricipaled saint in Trump's inner circle to flip and tell all you are going to be waiting a long time because those people don't exist in Trumpland. It's fucking axiomatic.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I can't believe that some Federal laws weren't broken... also if SHE could record shit in The White House and Trump, Who else could? She's not exactly Jason Bourne.

This is a great point being drowned out a bit. I believe David Frum Tweeted that even allowing a cellphone in the Sit room was a huge security risk because it essentially means any country in the world capable of hacking a phone(which appears to be just an unsecured, civilian phone) could have a mic in the room.

11 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This is a great point being drowned out a bit. I believe David Frum Tweeted that even allowing a cellphone in the Sit room was a huge security risk because it essentially means any country in the world capable of hacking a phone(which appears to be just an unsecured, civilian phone) could have a mic in the room.

I'm also pretty sure that her recording of her conversation with Kelly came after Kelly had banned personal cell phones in the staff areas.

I'm in the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend... who I'll watch very closely to make sure she doesn't use any sharp utensils" camp. Omarosa is a horrible human being (I'm convince Michael Clarke Duncan faked his death to get away from her), but for now, I'll root for her because she's outing an even more horrible person.

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Tom Arnold has been saying for YEARS it exists... people I know who worked at NBC says it exists... IT EXISTS. Mark Burnett has a gag order on it though and if it leaks, whoever leaks it will have a million dollar fine staring at them. It's out there and if it comes out it will change... NOTHING.

EDIT: He also is on tape sexually harassing a camera woman and a makeup artist I believe.

People pay well more than million dollars to make minor shit GO AWAY.

Being afraid to release a tape of the President of the United States saying the n-word, because of a $1 million fine, makes you a little bitch.