VResident Evil 4 [Oculus Version]

Keyser_Soze

4 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Kinda disappointed they switched it to first person since I have never played it

Well that's your fault. It's been released on everything under the sun. :p

First person perspective is perfect for this game in VR so I'm glad they went that route especially with all the fixes they've done to the game just for this version specifically.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well that's your fault. It's been released on everything under the sun. :p

First person perspective is perfect for this game in VR so I'm glad they went that route especially with all the fixes they've done to the game just for this version specifically.

I just see a lot of potential for 3rd person games in VR that is being overlooked.

She says Quest 2... will this also work on the Quest 1?

EDIT: Grumble grumble... no it does not. This is the very first game designed only for the Quest 2.

This is frustrating for me. We have a Quest 1, and barely touch it. It just isn't that compelling of a device for anyone in my house. It's fun to screw around with, but the novelty wears off fast. This would have been a game I actually would want to dig in and play on there, but I guess I can't. And I'm definitely not buying a Quest 2, since we barely touch our Quest 1.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, ort said:

She says Quest 2... will this also work on the Quest 1?

EDIT: Grumble grumble... no it does not. This is the very first game designed only for the Quest 2.

This is frustrating for me. We have a Quest 1, and barely touch it. It just isn't that compelling of a device for anyone in my house. It's fun to screw around with, but the novelty wears off fast. This would have been a game I actually would want to dig in and play on there, but I guess I can't. And I'm definitely not buying a Quest 2, since we barely touch our Quest 1.

Hmmm. I've incorporated my quest one into my workouts. I use beat saber as a warm up and Thrill of the Fight for Cardio. I beat Arizona Sunshine which was pretty fun and play Pop one with a couple of buddies. I'm seriously thinking about upgrading to a Quest 2 or another more powerful headset, but I really want to see what's coming. I'm sold on VR though.

Yeah, I think Oculus wasn’t really happy with the Quest1 and wants to move to Quest2 is the standard base system as quick as possible. I’m not sure if this is the game that needed to be Quest2 only, also wouldn’t surprise me if they chose this game just as a lure to get people to move on.

I think people don’t realize because of how soon it came out that Quest2 is a huge leap over the original. From how they talk about it Quest 2 is going to be around awhile, and this  turn around won’t be standard, they just didn’t quite have a product with the power they wanted in the first one. The mobile chip lottery aligned and a big change was made in 18 months.

I mean it’s lame and they probably should have just waited and started with Q2, but it’s a pretty weak chip in the original so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did have trouble running this at any decent looking rate.

Edit: To get an idea, devs on resetera were saying it’s more of like the difference between a switch and a ps4 than say the difference between a ps4 and ps4 pro.

• Thanks 1

I actually got my Oculus for free from my work... in like March of 2020... What's annoying though is that I left it in the box and saved it for an Xmas gift, so it sat in the box for like 9 months and by the time we opened it, the new one was already out.

Oh well. It was free. I've never been that excited about VR as it exists today and playing with the Quest 1 really cemented that opinion. VR today still feels like it's in its infancy. It will probably be cool as hell in like 5-10 years, but we're in the ugly early days still.

I'll waiting a long while before spending money on another VR system.

Yeah, I got my Quest1 finally a year later and then 6 months later a substantially improved came out and I was bummed.

I personally think what Quest (especially with wireless pc capability) offers right now is awesome though, so I just sucked it up and sold my original to Amazon while they still gave like $200 and got the Q2 so I could continue to enjoy it without constantly being annoyed by the much better one right away. 

7 hours ago, ort said:

VR today still feels like it's in its infancy. It will probably be cool as hell in like 5-10 years, but we're in the ugly early days still.

I'll waiting a long while before spending money on another VR system.

Same here. I'm thinking after this new gen we will start seeing some VR that is advanced enough for me to really invest my money and time in. So yea, 5-10 years... kinda leaning towards the 10 year mark. 

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

In what way? I'm legit curious.

Comfort and just to have more diversity. Astrobot is 3rd person and highly regarded for example. I've even heard 2D games like Ori are awesome in VR. Sorry I just don't need/want first person with touch controls in every game I play (seriously give me a good multiplayer shooter where I don't have to reload with hand movements).

The Quest 2 has already outsold the Rift and Quest 1 combined, so making this game a Quest 2 exclusive isnt a big deal for the masses.

17 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I bought a quest 2 yesterday based off of the re4 announcement.  Holy shit, what an upgrade from my rift. Only issue so far is its nowhere near as comfortable as the rift. I bought the better strap to install and I think I need a better cushion. 

I have the elite strap and VR cover facial replacement and still found the headset to be uncomfortable until I balanced it out with a battery pack on the back. 

56 minutes ago, TheLeon said:
XbxMBvD3Jgb9yL5pwdK5R8-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

There will eventually be an Oculus Quest Pro with upgraded features, but not this year.

Sounds like there will be an updated Quest 2 some time next year, but the next step beyond that might not come for a while.

If that's true then I can definitely wait for the Quest 2 Pro.

Yeah, that’s everything I’ve read, smaller Quest 2 Pro upgrade next year, Quest 3 probably the following year. Sounds like a pro would be nothing too drastic so I’d probably either just get a Quest 2 now or wait for Quest 3, I wouldn’t wait a year for a slightly upgraded model just to have the real upgrade come out a year later.

On 4/24/2021 at 2:31 AM, Stickey said:

The Quest 2 has already outsold the Rift and Quest 1 combined, so making this game a Quest 2 exclusive isnt a big deal for the masses.

I have the elite strap and VR cover facial replacement and still found the headset to be uncomfortable until I balanced it out with a battery pack on the back. 

I think I need the battery pack to balance it out also. 

1 hour ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I think I need the battery pack to balance it out also. 

Just get a anker battery pack. I'm not sure the elite strap with the battery is worth it. I don't even need to tighten the headset it's so well balanced. 

• 5 months later...