VResident Evil 4 [Oculus Version]

Keyser_Soze

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
residentevil4vr-blogroll-1634672771968.j
WWW.IGN.COM

Resident Evil 4 VR adds a new and fresh perspective for one of the most popular entries in Capcom's survival horror series.

@stepee

I read this earlier too:

RE4_SCREENSHOTS_ELGIGANTE_TMP_007_2560X1
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The Oculus Quest 2 port gets its combat right.

I was too lazy to find the thread but yeah it’s looking good! I’m actually kinda pumped for this yeah, might check at 9 and see if it’s a midnight eastern drop!

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I read this earlier too:

I was too lazy to find the thread but yeah it’s looking good! I’m actually kinda pumped for this yeah, might check at 9 and see if it’s a midnight eastern drop!

Resident Evil 4 will be released on Oct. 21st at 7 am PT and 10 am ET. At this time, the game will unlock and become purchasable to all Oculus Quest 2 users.

According to https://progameguides.com/resident-evil-4-vr/what-time-does-resident-evil-vr-release/

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nokt said:

Resident Evil 4 will be released on Oct. 21st at 7 am PT and 10 am ET. At this time, the game will unlock and become purchasable to all Oculus Quest 2 users.

According to https://progameguides.com/resident-evil-4-vr/what-time-does-resident-evil-vr-release/

Guess I’ll be playing it tomorrow sometime after I get up then! :P

• Shocked 1

10 hours ago, stepee said:

I read this earlier too:

RE4_SCREENSHOTS_ELGIGANTE_TMP_007_2560X1
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The Oculus Quest 2 port gets its combat right.

I wonder what lines / scenes were cut? I assume one is Luis talking about Ashley’s rack but I can’t remember anything else problematic off the top of my head. Been a while tho.

Ya! This is really cool. I think it looks fantastic for a native Quest 2 game, it’s definitely one of the best looking games  on the system despite being from 2004 or whatever originally. It’s a good in between of having you do actions like reloading the gun, but making it easy and not complex. I spent some  time just chasing chickens around. Headshots feel great. I’ve never played past even where I am now in RE4 before so am I like just killing regular foreign dudes here because i don’t understand their english and bust in waiving a gun? 

After the little I’ve played going for first person was the absolute right call, they did such a great job it feels very natural in vr. I imagine if you are a RE4 super fan this would be especially crazy. Also no open spoilers plz cuz i seriously have no idea what happens in the game.

7 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I wonder what lines / scenes were cut? I assume one is Luis talking about Ashley’s rack but I can’t remember anything else problematic off the top of my head. Been a while tho.

I think it's most of the overtly sexual stuff including upskirts. I don't really care one way or another, I've heard this dialogue so many goddamn times I'd pay $5 extra for them to just shut up.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Also Oculus sent me an email with a code “Oculus30” that made it $28 at check out which seems like a very fair price.

I tried using the same code and it said it didn't apply. Oh well. Game is super fun so far. Really love how it plays. A little wonky with the transitions like that one impression said, but actually playing is great. Love what they did with the UI stuff for your inventory/merchant, etc. Feels good just beating the everloving shit out of the enemies.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

I tried using the same code and it said it didn't apply. Oh well. Game is super fun so far. Really love how it plays. A little wonky with the transitions like that one impression said, but actually playing is great. Love what they did with the UI stuff for your inventory/merchant, etc. Feels good just beating the everloving shit out of the enemies.

Yeah the transitions are a bit wonky (though not as bad I thought when I first read that..it almost works because it’s so campy) but I get that those would have taken a lot of extra work if they were pre-rendered before.

And if I could have them spend any more time on this it would all be spent on adding more interactive objects in game instead, like picking up plates on tables and stuff like that. There’s a couple things I’ve seen like you can play with the skulls on signs and when you pet the cows it vibrates along with it, hope there more such things as you go along.

Yeah the other parts of the ui and the codec call conversations are all better than I thought after having heard how they handled the cinemas, everything else basically is well done in vr. Also man the Merchant sure has changed, this is the same dude from 8 isn’t it?

I played the canyon shoot out or whatever part right after meeting the Merchant and it was super thrilling to play. Moving around and doing all the actions as simple as they are has such a great satisfying feel to it. And it can really get me in a bit of a panic when I have Zombies all around and I’m having to dodge ax throws irl and I’m stumbling with my shotgun or something, but then you recover and make your way out and it feels awesome.

One thing I really appreciate is the game working well while sitting. Not being able to experience this standing/walking yet, I’m glad they have a sitting option selection in game, hate when games that could totally have that option, do not. Also in seating mode it puts the utility belt out a bit around you, which while isn’t realistic, works a lot better while sitting down; especially in a couch where your hand hits the couch cushion next to you before it hits the virtual object. I’d say almost all shooters I’ve played in vr have issues with this, this is one of the rare ones that does not. It also has a height adjustment that adjusts sitting as well and that is helpful to be able to scale even if it isn’t 

Though I bet this is super fun standing and walking around a bit. I rolled my chair a bit back and forth lol.

27 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah, it's really good. Ashley looks weird as hell, though. Her head is too small or something. She creeps me the fuck out, so I try to keep her in dumpsters as much as possible, her natural habitat.

So you're saying it will be easy to avoid her advances towards the end of the game and ride off on your jet ski?

I’m really surprised that they actually just nailed it. I guess they really found the right partner. I didn’t realize armature did sports scramble too so it makes more sense now since they already really understood vr and working on Quest specifically. But yeah, I don’t think anyone actually expected this to be as good as it is.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

For those that have played it:

Does the pistol get an actual laser pointer?  I don't know why, but I love the way the laser pointed looked and functioned as an aiming reticle in the original game.  The big unrealistic crosshair of the Wii version was off-putting.

The pistol and other weapons get a laser pointer which is great because it also doesn't light up if it's aimed at something you can't shoot so you don't have to waste bullets. I think the only gun it doesn't light up for is the rifle because it uses a scope.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:21 PM, Rev said:

The pistol and other weapons get a laser pointer which is great because it also doesn't light up if it's aimed at something you can't shoot so you don't have to waste bullets. I think the only gun it doesn't light up for is the rifle because it uses a scope.

I turned off all that shit. Hip firing like a cowboy is the real way to play!

• 5 weeks later...

I was skeptical, but I ended up taking the plunge when I got a $10 off promo code from Oculus. Holy shit it's fun. That first big encounter in the village was incredible! Although I found out that I have to be careful how quickly I whip my head around. A couple of times it blacked out on me and by the time the image came back, I was dead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

How are you doing?

I want to say considering, doing pretty well. I can kinda sorta walk with a limp now, so progress has been good there I think. I’m hoping I can just regularly walk around and get a soda and what not without needing the boot in about two weeks, that would rule. Right now it’s just the constant pain that is the biggest annoyance.They took me off pain medication because they said it was too long but had no decent substitute for me. Now I’m trying to explain that it’s affecting me too much and they need to do something but it’s taking forever. Anyway, I have an appointment on Thursday to discuss finally and I’m hoping I can at least get some fucking ibprofren FUCK.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

I want to say considering, doing pretty well. I can kinda sorta walk with a limp now, so progress has been good there I think. I’m hoping I can just regularly walk around and get a soda and what not without needing the boot in about two weeks, that would rule. Right now it’s just the constant pain that is the biggest annoyance.They took me off pain medication because they said it was too long but had no decent substitute for me. Now I’m trying to explain that it’s affecting me too much and they need to do something but it’s taking forever. Anyway, I have an appointment on Thursday to discuss finally and I’m hoping I can at least get some fucking ibprofren FUCK.

I’m glad you are making progress. I hope you get the pain relief you need 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stepee said:

That's awful man. Keep pushing through and eventually you'll hit a good spot in this journey. You're a tough son of a bitch.