Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (03 May 2024) - Drones now kill more soldiers than artillery or bullets

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

I sincerely hope the Ukrainians can mount a counterattack and push the Russians out of the country. But I don't know if I have much to back that hope up.

As long as Ukraine stays motivated to kicking them out, they will succeed, Russia will only continue to be less and less motivated to hold what they've taken if the losses continue and continue.

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Looking at Putin gripping the table, the primary thought I have is that he's doing it to conceal tremors in his hands which would be indicative of Parkinson's disease.

That's the going theory, it's been rumoured for years. He's always gripping something, or moving his limbs. He hasn't really been filmed sitting still or standing still in a long time.

7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Looking at Putin gripping the table, the primary thought I have is that he's doing it to conceal tremors in his hands which would be indicative of Parkinson's disease.

Do you think this is nonsense, or...??? I'm not sure I see what the psyop would be here.

12 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Spam, hotdogs, and chocolate, what more could you ask for?  lol.

Spam is good fuck the haters. 

Spam and hotdogs? You're halfway to Army Stew: 

1.-Korean-Army-Stew-Budae-Jjigae.jpg
MYKOREANKITCHEN.COM

How to make popular Korean hot pot dish - Budae Jjigae (Army stew or Army base stew). It is loaded with Kimchi, spam, sausages, ramen noodles and much more!

ISW analysis for 23 April 2022:

WWW.UNDERSTANDINGWAR.ORG

Russian forces continued offensive operations along multiple axes even as they completed moving reinforcements drawn from the retreat from Kyiv into the east and continued redeploying some forces from Mariupol to the north. The Russians have not taken

Russian forces continued offensive operations along multiple axes even as they completed moving reinforcements drawn from the retreat from Kyiv into the east and continued redeploying some forces from Mariupol to the north. The Russians have not taken time to refit troops moving from Kyiv or Mariupol before recommitting them to combat operations. They are not pausing offensive operations to wait until they have concentrated overwhelming combat power, and they do not appear to be massing forces on a few decisive axes of advance. They are continuing the pattern of operations they have followed throughout the war: committing small collections of units to widely dispersed attacks along multiple axes and refusing to accept necessary operational pauses to set conditions for decisive operations.

Russian forces have thus far only committed a handful of battalion tactical groups (BTGs) to offensive operations in their various sectors, however, and could still launch a massed offensive operation. We assess that such an operation is unlikely given observed patterns and the inherent limitations of available actual combat power in troops that have fought hard and suffered many casualties, as well as observed challenges with command-and-control at the regiment/brigade and division level. It is possible that the Russians are addressing or attempting to address some of those challenges and will soon launch an offensive in a new and better-coordinated form, but it remains unlikely.

The objectives of Russian offensives around the Izyum-Donetsk City salient are unclear. Russian forces may seek to reach the Izyum-Debaltseve road along two or more axes to encircle a large concentration of Ukrainian forces and built-up areas. Ukrainian officials suggested on April 23 that Russian forces near Rubizhne and Popasna may seek to encircle the Severodonetsk-Lysychansk area rather than pursue the deeper envelopment.[1] It is too soon to evaluate the likelihood of this Russian course of action or the probability of its success.

Key Takeaways

• Russian forces continued their pressure on the Azovstal facility in Mariupol.
  • Russian troops drawn from the retreat from Kyiv are re-entering combat in eastern Ukraine.
  • Russian forces from around Mariupol are redeploying to the vicinity of Donetsk City and are likely to enter combat again soon and without rest or refit.
  • Russia continued conducting small-scale ground offensives at multiple points along the front from Izyum to Zaporizhia Oblast.

DraftUkraineCoTApril23,2022.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

While I agree with the sentiment of this poorly worded tweet, I think it's a little off the mark. Wasn't our intelligence saying all along that the invasion was happening and the Ukrainians were the ones downplaying it? I DO think that for years the Russian military threat was knowingly a bit overstated in order to serve the military industrial complex and we're seeing how false that may have been now. The Russian army is in worse shape than anyone knew before and I actually think this is the case with a LOT of modern militaries including ours.