Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (30 May 2024) - Biden gives Ukraine permission to strike some targets inside Russia with American weapons

Well, the nuclear alert certainly woke me up this morning. 

Putin sees further sanctions as an existential threat to Russia's survival. But I didn't expect that. This is only an increase in alert and readiness level, but it is such a massive step. 

The west should stop where we are. These are fine. Continue helping Ukraine arm itself. Continue surveillance flights along NATO's border with Ukraine. Help where we can... but further actions against Russia's state-entities should not be pursued, at risk of providing further justification for Russian response. At this point, banking on juuuust a bit more sanctions to see where Putin's line is just isn't safe. 

The US should REDUCE our nuclear alert level and urge France and the UK to do the same. There must be NO HINT of any proportional move on NATO's part. 

Okay, so Ukraine and Russia are going to meet. One obvious thing for Russia to offer is to withdraw. But what if Russia says it will keep Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk? Does Ukraine agree, in exchange for an end to the invasion? Or, emboldened by their success so far, does Zelenskyy insist on the return of at least DNR and LNR?

Thoughts?

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Okay, so Ukraine and Russia are going to meet. One obvious thing for Russia to offer is to withdraw. But what if Russia says it will keep Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk? Does Ukraine agree, in exchange for an end to the invasion? Or, emboldened by their success so far, does Zelenskyy insist on the return of at least DNR and LNR?

Thoughts?

I honestly believe that Zelensky should agree to a return to the status quo ante.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Thoughts?

Complete withdrawal, including from Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk, in exchange for guarantee by Ukraine not to join NATO (but still leave the EU open for consideration)

Or

Russia can keep Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk, but Ukraine will join NATO and the EU.

35 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Though I live in a small Canadian city, we unfortunately have an oil refinery and steel plant at the edge of the city, which unfortunately likely puts us on a Russian ICBM strike list in the event of a full exchange.

I'm in Dallas we have the Cowboys so you know it's not a great target. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

You can’t tease us like that, what’s he saying?

I don't speak Ukrainian, but I recognize a few words in this. Namely, "fucking bitches" and "fucking cunts." But they're ESPECIALLY filthy compared to the English counterparts.