Getting called out by pot heads for drinking

Fizzzzle

So, last night I slept with my ex. Drunken fucking yada yada whatever.

This morning I woke up well before she did and I started drinking. Not hard booze, but like a mimosa and a beer. When she woke up and came downstairs, she was like "THIS" (gestures around) "is what I can't do. You wake up and crack open a beer."

At the same time, she keeps a joint primed and ready by her bedside table so she can smoke as soon as she wakes up. She's literally high all day every day. I've smoked her weed before, it straight up knocks me out. When I point this out to her, she just says "that's different." I fail to see the distinction.

I feel like it's a pretty normal thing for people who smoke weed all day every day to feel like they don't have a problem, but God forbid someone drink a beer before noon. My ex isn't the only one to express that opinion. It's a pretty common double standard.

I don’t like alcohol and don’t smoke, but I will vape my weed everyday. I’m not really a wake and bake guy, but have used in the mornings to help with sleep or recover from surgery. I was let go from my job almost 7 weeks ago and have been out looking but no bites yet. Thankfully I got some money to help get me through this, and weed has been a saving grace for sanity right now (plus Ontario is going back into month long lockdown) my routine has been taking some bong hits, putting on some music and walking my dog for close to an hour everyday. It’s my zen at the moment and greatly needed sometimes. Can’t do it today because my walking partner is getting some lumps removed from his shoulder area (hopefully not cancerous) So I have that too to deal with too at the moment and hope all goes well. Went in about an hour ago, as I type this. Plus my tolerance is pretty strong as I can do 2 bowls of my bong and still function pretty good. Same stuff will knock out family and friends with a lot less from my homegrown stuff

plus my one cousin was boarder line alcoholic before moving back with their sister after their mom died of Covid last year. I make these decarbed ground down flower weed pills to give a longer lasting effect. Got them on these now over the alcohol and attitude seems improved and doesn’t rely on the bottle to feel good now. 

So I’d take weed way over alcohol any day 

As an alcoholic, drinking first thing in the morning is a problem, imo. Smoking weed all day everyday is a problem too. 

I'm not trying to be judgemental but that's just my view on it. But hey, you do you and if you feel you're in control and it doesn't effect your life negatively then who am I to judge. 

I dated a girl who was high all the time. That shit has it's own issues. Like she would have tantrums if she wasn't high so that relationship ended rather quickly. Drinking in the morning isn't bad at all. Drinking every morning is where there is a problem. Both vices need to be moderated. But to your point she really has no say when confronting you about your drinking when she is just as bad with her weed.

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

Plus, being high all day isn’t always a problem for some people. For some people it is. Being drunk all day is always a problem. 

Drinking all day =/= being drunk all day.

And I agree, it's a matter of tolerance. Like I said, if I take like two or three hits of my ex's weed, it puts me to sleep. I cannot function with that level of inebriation. Conversely, she has 2 shots of whiskey and she's falling over.

Most people who have argued "being high all day isn't always a problem" are generally people who are high all day and don't think it's a problem.

This is true of any drug. Stop drinking caffeine for a month and then try going back to your normal routine. You'll find that caffeine makes you sweat, you have trouble thinking straight, your hands shake, your heart races, and you'll think "oh shit, this is what I was doing the whole time?" Don't smoke weed for a while and then go back and smoke a 25% THC joint like you used to do before work, it'll knock you out.

Do I drink too much? Yes, but I keep it manageable most of the time. The issue is that it seems I'm the only one that can admit I have a problem (not talking about you obv)

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Drinking or smoking in the morning hours sounds dreadful

Drinking that early sounds displeasing, but smoking can be quite pleasant...A hit or two off the vape pen, turn on the radio, sit down with some coffee and a book; quite a pleasant little weekend morning.

It depends on how hard you go. Copping a nice mimosa buzz at a group brunch? Great. Going HARD, though? I dated a girl for a few weeks a while back who went so at brunch (which meant I'd wind up keeping up with her) that my day was done at like 2 PM because of how drunk I already was. THAT was dreadful. 

You guys are crazy, morning drinking is fantastic. That first sip of vodka at 8am after you managed to roll out of bed and shake your way to the store. That feeling when the alcohol hits you after the first three shots and the intense pain starts to leave and you realize soon you will be useless but all of the pain will go away and you can play video games and post stupid shit on d1p. It’s such a great feeling, love morning drinking.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

You guys are crazy, morning drinking is fantastic. That first sip of vodka at 8am after you managed to roll out of bed and shake your way to the store. That feeling when the alcohol hits you after the first three shots and the intense pain starts to leave and you realize soon you will be useless but all of the pain will go away and you can play video games and post stupid shit on d1p. It’s such a great feeling, love morning drinking.

This reminds me of when when my dad sold the family restaurant and I took over as GM with the new company. One of the cooks who had left us came back under the condition that he could never touch alcohol as he was a known alcoholic.

One time the “Director of Food and Beverage” (or whatever his bullshit title was) came up to me and said “Joe! What the fuck? Why are Carlitos’s hands shaking? He is not supposed to be drinking!” I had to explain that it wasn’t that he was drinking, it was that he HADN’T been drinking and that’s why he was acting like that. 

Man, working in a restaurant can make it way easier for you to drink or it can have the opposite effect and really turn you off from drinking as you can see daily how destructive that shit is.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

This reminds me of when when my dad sold the family restaurant and I took over as GM with the new company. One of the cooks who had left us came back under the condition that he could never touch alcohol as he was a known alcoholic.

One time the “Director of Food and Beverage” (or whatever his bullshit title was) came up to me and said “Joe! What the fuck? Why are Carlitos’s hands shaking? He is not supposed to be drinking!” I had to explain that it wasn’t that he was drinking, it was that he HADN’T been drinking and that’s why he was acting like that. 

Man, working in a restaurant can make it way easier for you to drink or it can have the opposite effect and really turn you off from drinking as you can see daily how destructive that shit is.

Yeah people who worked in that industry seemed to have it really rough in rehab after going back to worked. I remember one lady who had a pill problem and her job was literally counting pills, she was back quickly after returning to work.

• Sad 1