Proving yet again that the entertainment industry is creatively bankrupt, a Velma origin story show has just been announced.

Jason

• 1 year later...

Holy fuck I just stumbled on this and then went to imdb and I’m totally amazed by this show. It’s such a fucking troll it’s insane.

A sexually charged race swapped (besides Fred) Scooby Doo show that doesn’t have Scooby Doo with naked teenagers, lgbtq representation, dunking on basic white people, and family guy humor. It’s astonishing that they actually got this on air and it really seems like an elaborate troll to get as many 1 star imdb reviews as possible.

I love that it exists so much that Im watching it now out of pure respect.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Holy fuck I just stumbled on this and then went to imdb and I’m totally amazed by this show. It’s such a fucking troll it’s insane.

A sexually charged race swapped (besides Fred) Scooby Doo show that doesn’t have Scooby Doo with naked teenagers, lgbtq representation, dunking on basic white people, and family guy humor. It’s astonishing that they actually got this on air and it really seems like an elaborate troll to get as many 1 star imdb reviews as possible.

kind of related but I’m mad because I was jerking off to this thread on resetera with some dude trying to start a protest against Atomic Heart and shame it’s russian developers for not speaking out against the war and some mod locked it before I could finish :(

I haven’t watched it yet, just several reviews. The consensus from those reviews seems to be that it’s funny at times but it’s often changing things for the sake of being controversial to garner attention and would have been better off being its own thing vs the cast of Scooby Doo (or introducing some new main characters to Scooby Doo). I heard the best part is Glenn Howerton’s portrayal of Fred as a psychopath (so… as Dennis from It’s Always Sunny :p ).

On 1/13/2023 at 9:46 PM, stepee said:

lmao this actually makes me want to see it more than I did when I first saw it listed. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I had no real interest in the show after seeing the trailer, but seeing the outsized reactions it's getting has me curious enough I might watch an episode just to see for myself.

Apparently it's too bad to even hatewatch. 

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

6-CDC8-DED-2393-44-DE-9-E62-DD40-AE70-FD

YES. This is what’s so amazing about it, it’s designed to upset everyone and make them dislike it. Not like “oh they poke fun of everyone hah hah” like South Park or something, it’s just that the entire then is designed to make sure everyone actively dislikes it and does not want to watch it. It’s like they made a show purely for the sicko audience but I don’t know how big that market is, and you don’t need to watch the whole thing to get your rocks off so..

23 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

On the one hand, this seems bad and further cements Kaling as ludicrously out of touch.  

On the other hand, the amount of people who seem to treat Scooby Doo as some sort of holy text that cannot be touched is somewhat alarming.  

Par for the reactionary politics of anything really, and the commodification of social justice for people who are desperate to leave the bible. People will tiktok a video crunching through a raw onion to make someone cry somewhere.

Velma has a lower rating than Manos: The Hands of Fate.

MV5BNzM0MDEzNDctOWI5YS00OTc4LWIyZDAtMGVk
WWW.IMDB.COM

Velma: Created by Charlie Grandy. With Mindy Kaling, Glenn Howerton, Sam Richardson, Constance Wu. The origin of the sleuth and member of the Mystery Inc. gang, Velma.

MV5BYjIxOWMyMzUtNTMzZC00MThjLTljYjQtZjhl
WWW.IMDB.COM

Manos: The Hands of Fate: Directed by Harold P. Warren. With Tom Neyman, John Reynolds, Diane Adelson, Harold P. Warren. A family gets lost on the road and stumbles upon a hidden, underground, devil-worshiping cult led by the fearsome Master and his servant Torgo.

I gave in and watched the first episode. I didn't think it was funny and won't keep watching, but I also don't think it's the worst thing ever made.

It is absolutely made specifically to piss off internet commenters. I do wonder how many people are continuing to watch it.

2 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

The show is hilarious. It's late night 2am MTV in the 90s. Anyone who doesn't get it doesn't get nihilist irreverence. 

I don't have strong feelings about Kailing one way or another, but I'm SURE the fact that she's a woman of color has nothing to do with this show getting roasted to the extent that it is.

• Halal 2

21 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I don't have strong feelings about Kailing one way or another, but I'm SURE the fact that she's a woman of color has nothing to do with this show getting roasted to the extent that it is.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:19 AM, Jason said:

image.png

I mean she's definitely not a chud.