Update: Overwatch 2 Director Jeff Kaplan has left Blizzard

Commissar SFLUFAN

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

Diablo II Resurrected (or whatever they call it) will be a nice holdover until then, especially since I never really played much of the original. 

How'd that happen....lol

Don't think there another title out there where I put the amount of hours into a game than Diablo II. Kinda scary when I think about it. That said, I really want a Diablo 4. I can't see them launching a game with issues like 3 did throughout the first year & Beyond really. To date it's incredible the 180 it did from D3 to Reaper of Souls. Bummer, I need a new Diablo in my life. I'll buy a D2 remake day one just to have it!

20 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I just had the same thought. It seems so silly. 

Diablo I was not expecting to come out.

Why would it seem silly? Its definitely coming out, its one of the best selling team shooters ever made (also the most fun to play). That money is not being left on the table.

6 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Why would it seem silly? Its definitely coming out, its one of the best selling team shooters ever made (also the most fun to play). That money is not being left on the table.

It’s a forever game. The sequel is I guess a ploy to expand the user base, but I think it’s mostly going to annoy its existing base. 

They’re not gonna likely release a Fortnite 2 or a PUBG 2. They should call it “Overwatch: Something or other.” The 2 is just silly. 

On 2/4/2021 at 7:16 PM, Chris- said:

Diablo II Resurrected (or whatever they call it) will be a nice holdover until then, especially since I never really played much of the original. 

If D2R was being made by Team 1 and subsequently Vicarious Visions, I have doubts it would ship this year. If it was being handled by VV from the beginning then maybe.

I think Immortal will be the only Diablo release this year, but who knows.

It would be suicide to release a new Diablo with the D2 remaster on the way.  I'd give Blizzard all the time they want to work on DIV as D2 is going to be massively popular.  Nobody is going to be clamoring for a new entry in the franchise for a while with that out.

46 minutes ago, vaxick said:

It would be suicide to release a new Diablo with the D2 remaster on the way.  I'd give Blizzard all the time they want to work on DIV as D2 is going to be massively popular.  Nobody is going to be clamoring for a new entry in the franchise for a while with that out.

Makes a lot of sense!

Sadly even after a glowing overview from my brother a few years back, I never even gave Overwatch a look. I know that he plays it every day to this day. I have never good at shooters and fames like this online. I can admit I just wasn't blessed with the reflexes they take to be good. Be it COD, Overwatch, Battlefield, Battlefront, PUBG, or Fortnight! 

1 hour ago, vaxick said:

Unlesssssssss

it’s trash 

38 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Makes a lot of sense!

Sadly even after a glowing overview from my brother a few years back, I never even gave Overwatch a look. I know that he plays it every day to this day. I have never good at shooters and fames like this online. I can admit I just wasn't blessed with the reflexes they take to be good. Be it COD, Overwatch, Battlefield, Battlefront, PUBG, or Fortnight! 

Never bothered with Overwatch myself as well.  I'm trash at modern online shooters.  I yearn for a return to twitch shooters like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena.  I'd love to hop back into some frantic instagib matches.  

27 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Unlesssssssss

it’s trash 

Warcraft 3 did come to mind, but I'm trying to think positive about this one.  This is the remaster everybody has been begging for, it would be nuts if they fucked this one up.  Just hoping it gets the love and care Activision gave to games like Crash as well as Spyro.  

2 hours ago, HardAct said:

Makes a lot of sense!

2 hours ago, vaxick said:

Never bothered with Overwatch myself as well.  I'm trash at modern online shooters.  I yearn for a return to twitch shooters like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena.  I'd love to hop back into some frantic instagib matches. 

The thing with Overwatch is you don't necessarily have to be good at shooters to contribute to the game. Everyone has unique skills and if you just want to sit back and tank up damage or heal you'll contribute to your team winning and allow the people better than you to carry the game.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The thing with Overwatch is you don't necessarily have to be good at shooters to contribute to the game. Everyone has unique skills and if you just want to sit back and tank up damage or heal you'll contribute to your team winning and allow the people better than you to carry the game.

It seems like a decent game and I have heard it scales incredibly well to level the playing field more than a lot of online shooters, but I've always been an instagib person at heart.  It's literally how I always played shooters online back in the day as I loved the frantic nature of one shot kills.  It's just not something I can get out of modern shooters as more tactical roles have grown in popularity.  Not that it's a bad thing, I loved me some Counter Strike with friends.  I still love shooters, I just mostly play them offline.

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Overwatch 2 Director Jeff Kaplan has left Blizzard