Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 30 August 2024) - "Official Story Trailer"

AbsolutSurgen

If Avatar focused on the mobility, combat, and world/exploration, it would be a pretty good game. Unfortunately, it decided add so much unnecessary shit to it that you are forced to engage with due to the terrible level system. 

43 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I met someone in real life named Flo Byblow...you can't convince me that's not a Star Wars character's name.

Plus the greatest Canadian Olympian that you keep choosing to ignore, Karen Cockburn, would make a great star wars character's name.

• Shocked 1

• 2 months later...
WWW.NVIDIA.COM

Plus, Diablo IV’s ray tracing update arrives March 26, Sengoku Dynasty is available now with DLSS 3, and The First Berserker: Khazan will launch with day-one DLSS 3 support.<br/>

Star WarsTM Outlaws Launching This Year With DLSS 3, Ray Tracing & Reflex

Later this year, experience the first-ever open world Star Wars™ game, Star Wars™ Outlaws. Star Wars™ Outlaws will invite players to experience the Star Wars galaxy like never before through an original story set between  Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™ and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi™.  As the Galactic Empire relentlessly pursues the final defeat of the Rebel Alliance, the criminal underworld thrives. Fans will play as cunning scoundrel, Kay Vess and her loyal companion Nix, as they attempt one of the greatest heists the Outer Rim has ever seen. Seeking the means to start a new life, players will join Kay and Nix as they fight, steal, and outwit their way through the galaxy’s crime syndicates and join the galaxy’s most wanted.

NVIDIA has collaborated with Ubisoft and LucasFilm Games to deliver the definitive PC experience for Star Wars™ Outlaws players, leveraging the game-changing technologies of GeForce RTX GPUs to enhance graphics, accelerate performance, and make gameplay even more responsive.

From day one, GeForce RTX gamers can activate NVIDIA DLSS 3, multiplying performance with DLSS Frame Generation on GeForce RTX 40 Series graphics cards, and boosting performance considerably with DLSS Super Resolution on all other GeForce RTX GPUs.

Powered by new hardware capabilities of the NVIDIA Ada Lovelace architecture used in GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs, DLSS 3 generates entirely new high quality frames, rather than just pixels. Through a process detailed in full in our NVIDIA DLSS 3 article, DLSS 3 combines DLSS Super Resolution technology and DLSS Frame Generation to reconstruct 7 out of every 8 of the displayed pixels, multiplying performance even in CPU-bound scenarios.

Additionally, all GeForce RTX gamers can activate NVIDIA Reflex, reducing system latency in Star Wars™ Outlaws. System latency affects the time it takes for actions to occur in-game - the lower your latency, the more responsive a game becomes, and the better the gameplay feels. Available in over 100 games, Reflex is used by over 50 million users each month, and with there being no downsides to the tech whatsoever, it’s a must-have for gamers wanting the most responsive experience possible.

Star Wars™ Outlaws is built using Massive Entertainment’s incredible Snowdrop Engine, enabling the developers to create the most detailed Star Wars™ experience you’ve ever seen, with perfectly recreated ships and iconic locations, and stunning worlds for you to visit and experience. 

As part of our collaboration, Star Wars™ Outlaws on PC is also being enhanced with NVIDIA RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI) and ray-traced Global Illumination lighting, taking visuals to the next level. RTXDI figures out the most important light samples in Star Wars™ Outlaws to cast physically accurate ray-traced shadows. Performance remains fast thanks to RTXDI’s innovative design, and on GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs ray tracing gets even faster thanks to each card’s fourth generation, super fast Ray Tracing Cores.

Even if you don’t have a GeForce RTX PC or laptop, you can still enjoy Star Wars™ Outlaws by streaming it from the cloud with the same technologies as GeForce RTX 40-Series owners, including DLSS 3 and Reflex, thanks to NVIDIA GeForce NOW Ultimate. Members can play over 1,800 of the real and full PC versions of games they already own from Steam, Epic Games Store, Xbox, Ubisoft Connect, and GOG.com. Head over to the GeForce NOW website to learn more.

We’ll have more to share about the PC technology and features of Star Wars™ Outlaws closer to the game’s release, so be sure to stay tuned to GeForce.com.

• Hype 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 2024) - Story Trailer World Premiere April 9th @ 0900 Pacific/1200 Eastern

A large part of me feels like Im done with trailers and most media on the game. Unless shocking preview gameplay impressions or reviews say the game is just crap I think I know all I need to buy the game and I don’t want any more of the story or locations spoiled. I’ll see if I can control my hype. 

• True 1

5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

A large part of me feels like Im done with trailers and most media on the game. Unless shocking preview gameplay impressions or reviews say the game is just crap I think I know all I need to buy the game and I don’t want any more of the story or locations spoiled. I’ll see if I can control my hype. 

I kinda feel the same way. I already have an idea what this game is gonna be... Watch Dogs with a Star Wars skin. Which I'm fine with.

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Outlaws (PC/Xbox Series/PS5 | 30 August 2024) - "Official Story Trailer"
10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I REALLY hope they resist the temptation to give her Force Powers at some point in the game. Just let her be a straight up scoundrel who has to bet by on her wits and her skills with a blaster.

I don't see that happening. Pretty sure this will stick to being a third person shooter. Now if she runs into a Force user that's a different story. 

12 minutes ago, Brick said:

I don't see that happening. Pretty sure this will stick to being a third person shooter. Now if she runs into a Force user that's a different story. 

You run into a force user who transfers their power to you and you become a force user.

The DLC for the big open world Ubi games is normally worth getting -- but not at full price.  So the "Gold" edition is usually worth it -- but at a discount.

So, if CDKeys gets a ~40% discount prerelease, I will get it then.  Otherwise, this one will likely be a Black Friday purchase for me.

17 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If you like Ubisoft open world games, you’ll probably like this. 
As someone who loves Ubi’s games, and loves Star Wars…..

I had my fill of ubisoft open world games but I love Star Wars so I just have to wait and see. 

17 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Ubisoft

I kinda agree.