Who has the absolute worst fast food BURGERS

stepee

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The other thing I don't understand here is that Five Guys burgers are actually quite 'beefy'. Do you know what beef tastes like, @Bacon?

Very much so. I don't eat a lot of burgers now, but growing up I did. Once or twice a month, every month, dinner would be a a quarter pound of ground beef shaped into a patty and fried in a skillet because my mom loves skillet burgers. There are no burgers with a beefier taste than those. I'll never eat Skillet Burger ever again. Wendy's is the closest in terms of taste to those burgers. Five Guys tastes nothing like that.

3 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Five Guy's their burgers remind me of shitty High School burgers but their fries are great!

As I stated in another thread 5 Guys filed for bankruptcy so we can leave them out of the conversation now. RIP :rose:

Also, I'm the opposite. I really liked their burgers but didn't like their fries at all. Probably the peanut oil made them taste weird.

BK has always been my least favorite of the major chains in almost every category, burgers included. Although now that I’m thinking about it, I don’t know if I’ve ever had a burger at some of these places. I know I’ve been to Sonic and Jack in the Box a bunch, but not for the burgers. 

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

In N Out. I can't say that their burgers are terrible, but they're certainly not worth the wait or price. I've never been to an In N Out where I was in and out in a reasonable time. Way too popular and crowded for mediocre food. Also hands down the worst fries of any place.

Carls Jr. has the worst fries. Get animal style fries and you'll have no complaints (other than being one of those guys that complains they have to get them animal style to be good) or just ask for them to be well done.

Also, ask for grilled onions on the burger.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Carls Jr. has the worst fries. Get animal style fries and you'll have no complaints (other than being one of those guys that complains they have to get them animal style to be good) or just ask for them to be well done.

And turn my 25 minute trip--already long enough--into a 26 minute trip? No thanks.

36 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

BK has worse fries than Carls Jr imo, especially if you get the waffle fries.

Plus BK doesn't have fry sauce in Utah (a must have) at least around me.

8 minutes ago, Nokt said:

BK has worse fries than Carls Jr imo, especially if you get the waffle fries.

Plus BK doesn't have fry sauce in Utah (a must have) at least around me.

I don't eat BK very much, it's been a long time. But I had them after the "redone formula" and thought they were alright. That being said I probably haven't had anything from there in over 10 years.

The redone BK fries are just the old Wendy's fries and I liked Wendy's old fries better because the new ones suck for frosty dipping. Hardee's Natural-Cut French fries are total dogshit tho. Like, worst fry I have ever had. The fries you can get in the freezer aisle are better. Also, what @DarkStar189 said about BK is true. I got BK when I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to Five Guys and the burger was colder than room temp. The cheese wasn't Kraft Single out of the fridge levels of not melted, but it wasn't much better.

I love and miss Jack in the Box. Their sourdough burgers are great. And they have, hands down, the best worst tacos you can buy. And now they have tiny tacos!

I also really really miss In N Out. I love animal style on the fries, but not on the burger. 

Burger King’s new fries are great—I can’t recall ever having them cooked poorly. Wendy’s new fries are horrible and an abomination to fries everywhere. What’s really odd is how far McDonald’s has fallen. Their quality control is just shit these days, and it’s rare that I get perfectly cooked fries, which are amazing when cooked fresh and salted right. It’s also odd, because every McDonald’s is independently owned and operated, and that drop in quality is something I experience across the board. I used to love McDonald’s (the Arch Deluxe), and hate Burger King, but the Impossible Whopper is really good, and about the only burgers I can stomach from McDonald’s anymore are their regular old double cheeseburgers and the QPD. 

Five Guys is the epitome of bland. They’re easily my least favorite of all the chains. And their large fries is 1400+ calories. How is that even possible?

But the worst burger? That goes to Hardee’s (Carl’s Jr.). Hardee’s is what would happen if Arby’s made burgers. 

Either Jack in the box or burger king. McDonald’s might suck but every now and then a quarter pounder hits the spot and the fries are the best if any of the shit tier fast food chains. Only Jack in the box has going for it is it’s where you can get a burger, tacos, jalapeño poppers and chicken strips all at once. 

Sonics looks like it will be delicious but every time I go I’m disappointed. Great shakes though.