Who has the absolute worst fast food BURGERS

stepee

Continuing from Discord. Not counting any of their other items, just their different types of burgers. I’m thinking it has to be Jack In The Box. They are pretty damn bad. Sometimes I can catch myself craving mcdonald’s or burger king specifically, they have a specific taste that they nail for better or worse. I have never in my life craved a Jack In the Box burger.

I should clarify I mean which establishment has the worst burgers overall counting their entire selection. So yeah I wouldn’t order a regular mcdonald’s hamburger because why but I’ll grab a big mac still. But it’s pretty much all kinda weak at jack in the box.

• stepee changed the title to Who has the absolute worst fast food BURGERS

Not sure I could name the absolute worst.

I don't understand the hype for In n Out, has lines that are just not worth the wait because there is always 20 cars in line.

I really don't like Wendy's burgers all that much, I don't know if its the bun, the burger, or what.

Burger King is super mediocre, but I wouldn't list it among the worst I've had.

There isn't a jack in the box in Utah so I can't comment on how bad it is.

Unpopular opinion, but a double cheese and hot n spicy is like my go to meal when I'm trying to get something quick. I don't mind McDonalds at all.

I mean, I have literally only had burgers from these places. McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Five Guys, and (not fast foot) Burgatory. Burgatory was the worst. It was too fancy for its own good. Not that Burgatory is fancy, but that much for a ground beef puck is wack. Like, it was just a fucking burger. It was basic as fuck and I don't like really thick patties and that shit was too thick. 5 guys is every I want from a burger and Burgatory is everything I don't want from a burger. 

If burgatory doesn't count then it is either BK or Wendy's. BK isn't the worst thing ever, but I feel like they are the saddest burgers on the planet. Wendy's has really good bacon, but I am not a fan of how beefy their burgers taste. Their burgers at times taste just like the burgers my mom would make in a skillet and I don't really care for those burgers. Their patties are on the thicker side and they just have such a strong beef flavor, it is almost like a metallic flavor or something. If you get a thinner burger you don't taste that, but like their baconator, despite having all this cheese and bacon, is still overpowered by the overwhelming beefiness. 

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Eating burgers but disliking the taste of beef...

I mean, yeah, I don't like beef. I don't like steak. 

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Burgatory is very good, and you are very wrong. 

I just got the normal beef. Maybe I should have gotten the Elk or Bison or something but I didn't. If you just want a normal burger don't go to Burgatory, IMO. Also, the only time I went there, they totally over cooked the burger. The beef was not soft at all. Not sure which one I went to but it was near the Pittsburgh Airport. 

19 minutes ago, Chris- said:

They’ll cook it to whatever temp you ask so if they overcooked it, that’s on you hombre. 

I don't remember being asked how I wanted it cooked. Even if I asked for well done, it shouldn't be that overcooked. On the very rare occasion I make a burger at home there is zero pink in the middle and yet it leaks when I bite into it. Maybe they should learn how to cook. It is the same with Well Done steak. I don't like steak. If I eat steak it is well done. Will it always be more cooked than rare or medium? Yeah, but you also don't have to burn it like many restaurants do. 

24 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't remember being asked how I wanted it cooked. Even if I asked for well done, it shouldn't be that overcooked. On the very rare occasion I make a burger at home there is zero pink in the middle and yet it leaks when I bite into it. Maybe they should learn how to cook. It is the same with Well Done steak. I don't like steak. If I eat steak it is well done. Will it always be more cooked than rare or medium? Yeah, but you also don't have to burn it like many restaurants do. 

9/10 a patty that thick isn’t going to stay moist when it is cooked well done, and if you detest the taste of beef so much that you need thin patties cooked well done to nuke the flavor out of it, then perhaps you should just eat something else? 

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

‘I like burgers but I don’t like the fundamental component of burgers’ is a weird take!

I mean, I didn't really care for burgers until I started getting Bacon and Cheese on them. And that only started in 2019. Before then I would have only them a few times a year. Like I said, I don't like beef. Except for beef jerky. That shit doesn't taste like beef at all and it is great. 

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

McDonald's hamburgers are great. They don't even taste like beef! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Why not just get a chicken sandwich with cheese/bacon, then? Or just completely drop the patty and put bacon/cheese on a bun?

I am not a huge chicken+cheese fan unless you toss in some tomato sauce. And I am not going to buy bacon grilled cheese. The cheapest bacon grilled cheese you can buy out is like 6 bucks. Fuck that. Also, I really like Five Guys. Like, if Five Guys is considered fast food then that might be my favorite fast food joint. That is where I mainly get burgers. I still mostly get shit like nuggets or tenders from everywhere else.  

5 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Five Guy's their burgers remind me of shitty High School burgers

What fucking burgers was your school serving????

My high school burgers were these 

three-frozen-hamburger-patties-picture-i

on this

99427_Jenkins0221_56371375-9e57-4668-ba4

with literally nothing on them. Shit tasted like a launchables hamburger. 

1 minute ago, DPCyric said:

They only had them on occasion and you had to pay extra for them they were foil wrapped and very much like the Five Guy burgers. Honestly for someone who generally doesn't like Hamburgers it makes perfect sense you enjoy those.

I mean, yeah, I don't like beef, but a lot of fucking people think five guys is great.  Like, I have shitty takes, but this is a king shit take. 

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, yeah, I don't like beef, but a lot of fucking people think five guys is great.  Like, I have shitty takes, but this is a king shit take. 

Oh, I am aware a lot of people like them but a lot of people like Trump too! It's ok that they are wrong :p

3 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Oh, I am aware a lot of people like them but a lot of people like Trump too! It's ok that they are wrong :p

But it's not ok for you to be wrong :raisedbrow:

Cuz you are wrong, btw. You using trump in an attempt to make yourself look not wrong doesn't mean you are not wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

But it's not ok for you to be wrong :raisedbrow:

Cuz you are wrong, btw. You using trump in an attempt to make yourself look not wrong doesn't mean you are not wrong. 

You like hamburgers that don't even taste like beef and you are trying to defend your position?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DPCyric said:

You like hamburgers that don't even taste like beef and you are trying to defend your position?

Yes. Cuz I am right. 

Oh sorry. Something something Five Guys something something Biden. 

Now I know I am right and you are wrong. Amazing how words be like that.