Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26, 2024) Discussion Thread - Official Trailer

48 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This has quite the implications for the MCU. That said...I mean, I've been wanting to see this happen forever now, but I also don't want Wolverine to be a character that pops up once and then we don't hear from again because Hugh Jackman just came back once and now we aren't recasting for the role. No matter how much I might like an actor, you can't bring in Hugh Jackman for Deadpool and then be like "And here's Taron Egerton as Wolverine going forward".

Yeah I feel all of this. Seems kind of pointless for him to do a one-off appearance in the MCU, as cool as it is. (to be clear I never LOVED him in the role except for maybe Logan but it's hard not to recognize the cinematic history of the character being so tied to this actor)

6 hours ago, Brick said:

Calling it now it'll be about Deadpool killing off all the Fox X-Men characters so that things will fit nicely in the MCU for the new canon when they reboot X-Men, and that will literally be Deadpool's reasoning for it. That will be the meta joke. 

So Deadpool 3 is an adaptation of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe?

I'd be down. Then he can survive the pruning of the timeline and find himself in the sacred MCU timeline. After that, whenever he meets someone in the MCU, he can ramble on about how much of a bitch they were when they died. I like the idea only if nobody in the MCU believes him. We did end Deadpool 2 with him having a time machine and jumping through history, so it could work.

• Halal 1

Pretty easy to get him into the MCU I would think since Deadpool created several alternative timelines with his end credits shenanigans. The writers even said that it would change thing and was all canonical. He did changed up Wolverine’s timeline by killing, well, himself. When the change happens, I wanna see Deadpool arrive with Mickey Mouse ears on exclaiming (while shit being is destroyed, blood everywhere, and a brief cameo of Wong or something) the most magical place on earth. Also I wonder if they will try and shove Hugh into an actual comic book like Wolverine costume for the flick

• True 1

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

Pretty easy to get him into the MCU I would think since Deadpool created several alternative timelines with his end credits shenanigans. The writers even said that it would change thing and was all canonical. He did changed up Wolverine’s timeline by killing, well, himself. When the change happens, I wanna see Deadpool arrive with Mickey Mouse ears on exclaiming (while shit being is destroyed, blood everywhere, and a brief cameo of Wong or something) the most magical place on earth. Also I wonder if they will try and shove Hugh into an actual comic book like Wolverine costume for the flick

Yeah it would be pretty easy to get Hugh's Wolverine into the MCU in a one-off. the question is, how do you set up the NEXT Wolverine? With all of Deadpool's tiem travel shenanigans in Deadpool 2, getting him into the MCU would be pretty simple.

17 hours ago, Reputator said:

to be clear I never LOVED him in the role except for maybe Logan but it's hard not to recognize the cinematic history of the character being so tied to this actor

Has there ever been an actor who played a superhero for as long as he has? He's been playing Wolverine for like 20 years! Think of how many Batmen, Spidermen, Supermen and Hulks we've had since then.

Spoiler

FIVE Batmen counting the TV versions, THREE Spidermen, FOUR Supermen, THREE Hulks

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah it would be pretty easy to get Hugh's Wolverine into the MCU in a one-off. the question is, how do you set up the NEXT Wolverine? With all of Deadpool's tiem travel shenanigans in Deadpool 2, getting him into the MCU would be pretty simple.

Has there ever been an actor who played a superhero for as long as he has? He's been playing Wolverine for like 20 years! Think of how many Batmen, Spidermen, Supermen and Hulks we've had since then.

Hide contents

FIVE Batmen counting the TV versions, THREE Spidermen, FOUR Supermen, THREE Hulks

Who's the longest Bond? 

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Reveal hidden contents

And two War Machines

:troll:

• Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hide contents

I guess Keaton will win this argument once/if The Flash movie ever comes out. That would be 34 years since Batman in ‘89. Would of been more if they didn’t cancel The Batgirl movie too

22 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I guess Keaton will win this argument once/if The Flash movie ever comes out. That would be 34 years since Batman in ‘89. Would of been more if they didn’t cancel The Batgirl movie too

Jackman would still have him beat because he's been consistently playing Wolverine for 20 years in multiple movies. Keaton did two Batman movies and was done. By the time Flash comes out, he will have been Batman three times on screen vs Jackman's nine soon to be ten as Wolverine.

• True 1

• 2 months later...

Shawn Levy, very much a PG-13 director (who has, admittedly, grown as a director), confirms Deadpool 3 will be gritty, raw, R-rated, foul, and violent. With this one being in the MCU and with Levy at the helm, I was worried about this (nothing about Free Guy or The Adam Project told me he could get out of the PG, PG-13 mold) but he seems to get it so now I'm hopeful. I figured others who may have been worried about them Disney-fying Deadpool somehow (which I'm sure they'll still do to some extent) that it seems like that won't per se happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

If Reynolds hadn’t just done a musical, I’d say the funniest, most unexpected thing for them to do would be to have Deadpool be the first G rated MCU musical. Honestly, fuck it, it should be a filmed stage production like the Disney+ presentation of Hamilton.

Is it possible to have the swear words be bleeped-out and it still be G-rated?

Because that would be freakin' hilarious if so!

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Is it possible to have the swear words be bleeped-out and it still be G-rated?

Because that would be freakin' hilarious if so!

I have no idea, that’s an amusing notion.

But the more I think about it, honestly, given Jackman’s theater bona fides… just make this a stage musical. I think it could be legitimately great!

@sblfilms - do you have any insight as to how the MPAA would rate a film with all of the swear words bleeped-out?

Technically, the MPAA would theoretically have no idea what word is actually being bleeped-out, right?  It could be something as benign as "butter" so would they assign a more restrictive rating based on the bleeping of inferred/implied swear words?

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

If Reynolds hadn’t just done a musical, I’d say the funniest, most unexpected thing for them to do would be to have Deadpool be the first G rated MCU musical. Honestly, fuck it, it should be a filmed stage production like the Disney+ presentation of Hamilton.

And Spirited was surprisingly above average! Deadpool is one of my favorite characters period (not just superhero) for all his nonsense and mockery of the medium, so I'd be down for a musical, but since we do have Jackman and him finally together, I do want a real movie also. Maybe a musical bit at least?

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

@sblfilms - do you have any insight as to how the MPAA would rate a film with all of the swear words bleeped-out?

Technically, the MPAA would theoretically have no idea what word is actually being bleeped-out, right?  It could be something as benign as "butter" so would they assign a more restrictive rating based on the bleeping of inferred/implied swear words?

It will all depend on the action on screen too, because they did that PG-13 Deadpool re-release. They bleep out the big bad words but blood and ripped in half still there. I think you get 2 Fucks allowed in the movie, but one with the it geared towards the act itself. Gets weirder up in Canada, as each province has their own rating system. I’ve seen Quebec have a 18A (American R rating) be a simple PG when I worked at my Ontario theatre. 

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The DC Superpets has quite a few bleeped out words that I believe would have made it PG-13 if not bleeped

I really have no idea how far you could take that gag, and the MPA doesn’t have to disclose any of the criteria for how they rate things, it’s mostly just a courtesy to studios and filmmakers given how much ratings can affect boxoffice 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Looks like this will be full of Marvel cameos. I shall keep in spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

I have the feeling it will be full of cameos that won't really connect to the rest of the MCU, like the spoilered one.