The 2020-21 Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 11 - BasemntDweller2 stays put!

Slug

BasemntDweller2 remains on-top with another non-entry, resting confident that other players will have to bet big or tank to catch up to him.  But with 6 weeks remaining in the regular season and still the post-season to go, there's plenty of time to chip away at that lead!

########## WEEK 10 RESULTS ##########

Week 10 Feature Game: Indianapolis Colts (+2.5) at Tennessee Titans
The Colts wrecked the Titans by a score of 36.5(34+2.5)-17.  Bets on Indy win.

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Colts TD, Colts FG, Colts safety, Titans TD, Titans FG, Titans safety, or other? ($900 for the correct call)
Tannehill chucks a quick 5 yarder to Foreman for a touchdown and the first score during a time when Tennessee still felt good about themselves.

2) Which team in the Feature Game will have the greater Time of Possession? ($800 for the right team)
Indianapolis held the ball for 31:18 to TN's 28:42.

3) Who will score the first touchdown in the Minnesota @ Chicago game? ($1,000 for the correct answer)
Adam Thielen pulled in a 17 yard pass for the first end-zone trip of the game. Everyone except 
me got a free $1,000 for this question because I worded it vaguely and didn't include the 
usual explanation that I give whenever this question is posed in a given week. I will be sure 
to be super clear in the future to avoid confusion.

4) Name any Quarterback who will be sacked 4 or more times in Week 10. ($900 for the correct player)
Russell Wilson got dropped 6 tiumes and Joe Burrow was brought down 4 times. thewhyteboar was the only player to call Wilson, while several players saw Burrows' bad day coming.

5) Call the winners:
L.A. Chargers at Miami
Seattle at L.A. Rams
Buffalo at Arizona
($800 for EACH correct named game winner, $1,500 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
A lack of faith in the Rams and Cards means no Question 5 bonus awarded this week.

6) Making people miss: Name the player who will have the most yards after catch (YAC) in a single play this week. ($1,500 for the right guess)
Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Alvin Kamara both dodged bullets to tie with 38 YAC on single plays. Keyser_Soze was the only player to call either of these guys, nailing the Valdes-Scantling pick.

7) Road trip: How many visiting teams win in Week 10? ($900 for the correct call)
Bad week for the road teams, with only 3 visitors defeating their hosts.  Nobody guessed this.

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week ten. ($3,500 for each player named correctly, $7,500 bonus if both names are called)
Ronald Jones II led the runners in Week 10 with 192 yards while Marquez Valdes-Scantling led receivers with 149.  Nobody guessed either player.

######### LEADERBOARD #########

@BasemntDweller2 - $72,700
@AbsolutSurgen - $38,000
@ManUtdRedDevils - $35,500
@thewhyteboar - $31,100
@Commissar SFLUFAN - $28,950
Slug - $14,500
@Keyser_Soze - $13,200
@Biggie - $10,500
@Alpha1Cowboy - $4,800
@Greatoneshere - $2,900
@Kal-El814 - $2,700
@Dodger - $1,500

If you think I mathed wrong, let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
###############################

WEEK 11 FEATURE GAME AND QUESTIONS FOLLOW THIS POST!

WEEK 11 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 11 ENTRIES - THURSDAY, 11/19/2020 08:19pm EASTERN
THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 11 Feature Game
Arizona Cardinals (+3.5) at Seattle Seahawks
(Remember you are betting against the spread, not just the outright winner)

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Cardinals TD, Cardinals FG, Cardinals safety, Seahawks TD, Seahawks FG, Seahawks safety, or other? ($900 for the correct call)

2) Which team in the Feature Game will be the most penalized in terms of penalties thrown? ($800 for the right team)

3) Which game on SUNDAY will have the lowest combined score? ($1,000 for the correct answer)

4) Which game on SUNDAY will have the highest combined score? ($1,000 for the correct answer)

5) Call the winners:
Cincinnati at Washington
Philadelphia at Cleveland
Detroit at Carolina
($800 for EACH correct named game winner, $1,500 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

6) How many yards will Las Vegas rush for this week: 0-49, 50-99, 100-149, 150-199, or 200+ ($900 for the right guess)

7) Name the player who records the most solo tackles in Week 11. ($2,000 for the correct name)

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week eleven. ($3,500 for each player named correctly, $7,500 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Seahawks for $10,000
1. Cards FG
2. Seattle
3. Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville
4. KC @ Vegas
5. Football Team, Browns, Panthers
6. 100-149
7. Jamie Collins
8. Gibson, McLaurin
#####################

40 minutes ago, Slug said:

3) Who will score the first touchdown in the Minnesota @ Chicago game? ($1,000 for the correct answer)
Adam Thielen pulled in a 17 yard pass for the first end-zone trip of the game. Everyone except 
me got a free $1,000 for this question because I worded it vaguely and didn't include the 
usual explanation that I give whenever this question is posed in a given week. I will be sure 
to be super clear in the future to avoid confusion.

Yeah I was going to ask you about this but forgot, which is why I put both. But I'll take a free $1,000 though! Thank you!

40 minutes ago, Slug said:

6) Making people miss: Name the player who will have the most yards after catch (YAC) in a single play this week. ($1,500 for the right guess)

Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Alvin Kamara both dodged bullets to tie with 38 YAC on single plays. Keyser_Soze was the only player to call either of these guys, nailing the Valdes-Scantling pick.

happy gordon ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah I was going to ask you about this but forgot, which is why I put both. But I'll take a free $1,000 though! Thank you!

Yeah, I was in a hurry when I wrote it up originally and after I posted it I was like, "Eh...they all know what that question means by now", and left it alone.  I was wrong. :P

Week 11 Feature Game
Arizona Cardinals $10,000

QUESTIONS
1) Arizona TD

2) Arizona

3) Miami/Denver

4) LV/KC

5) Cincinnati, Cleveland, Carolina
6) 200+

7) Zach Cunningham

8) Josh Jacobs, DeAndre Hopkins

25 minutes ago, Slug said:

Yeah, I was in a hurry when I wrote it up originally and after I posted it I was like, "Eh...they all know what that question means by now", and left it alone.  I was wrong. :P

Don't overestimate me!

• Haha 1

• Slug locked this topic