What's up?

Chris-

I'm watching the Steelers-Bengals game, just chilling. Have some beef bouruignon braising in the oven (Julia Child's recipe); made some herb fougasse earlier to go with it (Paul Hollywood's recipe). Girlfriend is playing Stardew Valley, which I re-purchased on the Switch earlier. This morning I got the furthest in Hades that I ever had (37th chamber, 22nd attempt). Enjoying some wine; smoked two bowls so far. Not a care in the world.

• Like 1

Took the day off. It’s gonna get real stupid at work soon (incoming lockdowns means volume at grocery stores goes way up) and I had just a little vacation time to burn before the end of the year. Went for a walk, but it’s been mostly shitty weather today, so that didn’t last long. My hands and arms are shitty (cubital tunnel, I believe) so I can’t really play video games other than some stuff on my iPad. Binging The Magicians on Netflix. Just ordered some chicken vindaloo for dinner. Trying not to think about how long it’s going to be until things are better, doing a bad job of it.

52 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Chilling in bed right now. Just had sex and there’s semen oozing out of my vagina hole. I should probably get up soon and pee and clean all the sexual fluids out of my crotch and inner thighs.

Had a decent day before this for the most part. Went to a cat cafe and cuddled beautiful kitties. Then went to a lake and enjoyed it for a bit but my spine pain was extra worse than usual for today so I was in a lot of pain randomly and left quickly. Came home and took 5 Advil and used a massager and laid down for a bit and it helped so yay. I was like crying from pain earlier.

Now I’m gonna get high and prob play borderlands. Thanks for asking Chris your day sounds great too with yummy food and weed. What strain you smoking?

Bubba Diagonal, which is nice. I have some Kush waiting in the wings, which is some of my favorite. 

Finally dealt with returning my busted air conditioner today and upon arriving at the Home Depot found out that the order I'd placed for a new one was cancelled right as I was getting in the car. Was really unhappy about that, I drove 4x as far as necessary for nothing, there's a Home Depot significantly closer I could have gone to if I was just doing the return, but I drove farther to this one specifically because the website said it was in stock and confirmed my order. And then I got to drive home empty handed.

Otherwise fine though I guess. Feeling a lot calmer now that Biden's the president elect and Trump's attempts at stealing the election are looking increasingly futile.

11 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Now I’m realizing far too late that Chris has no real interest in our lives. He just wanted to brag. 

This is false, I am very much interested.

11 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I did cocaine tonight for the first time in like 2 years. I feel predictably terrible. Well, I don't feel terrible yet, but I will very soon.

I do not advocate cocaine usage.

@Rachel

I just got a test done (EMG) this morning. I should know in a day or two, but it seems pretty bad. I don't know if all of my current hand issues can be contributed to the cubital, but based off meeting with my hand surgeon, it's probably the main factor. I've been wearing splints on both arms at night, which is usually all that's needed, but I've been doing that for a month straight now with no real relief. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of options between that and surgery, which sucks. 

If I sit with my arms fully extended, resting on pillows, and keep a very light grip on the controller, I can play games for a bit, but my pinky and ring fingers start to go numb, and my thumbs get really sore and stiff, all the way down to the wrist. That's basically what happens at work to. I'm always carrying something, either a marker and a clipboard or boxes, and I have to be really mindful about not holding anything in the same way for long. I can get through the day, but it's rough. I spend most of my off time trying to relax my hands and arms as much as possible. It's just really annoying, especially since I spent the first half of this year deal with carpal tunnel syndrome. I ended up having to get surgery on both wrists. That went well, now my hands are just messed up in a new way. 

3 hours ago, Rachel said:

Yeah I game with a pillow like that too! It helps. Thankfully it’s been mild for me overall lately but your everyday sounds like when mine was more severe for those couple months. That’s good you can get surgery and have access to treatment and doctors but that’s crazy you already had surgery and might need it again. Sucks you have to deal with all that though. 

Do you know what caused it for you? I think for me it’s to do with the fact that my T1 disc is out of place but can’t confirm if that’s the cause or something different because as previously mentioned I missed the EMG appointment. 

I can't easily pinpoint what caused it. I used to sleep with at least one arm curled up under my body, but I've tried my hardest to correct that this year. I have my elbows bent a lot during work, but nothing out of the ordinary. I can't imagine that holding up a marker and clipboard is what caused it, unless my body is suddenly just terrible. Resting your elbows on a hard surface for long periods of time can do it, but I haven't been using my computer desk very much lately, and that's the only place that would regularly happen. 

3 minutes ago, Rachel said:

It’s so stressful. I really enjoyed it at first but now I’m finding it overwhelming. There’s so much to do and take care of and the days go by way too quickly. The days need to be twice as long and then it would be MUCH more enjoyable. 

Mind you I’m still gonna keep playing and be a crack addict about it. 

I find it helpful to remember that there is no time limits or deadlines. Not enough time to water your crops AND go fishing? Stop watering them, no one is forcing you to do it. Go fish. Or vice versa.

I can't imagine playing the game without mods, though. Like there's a mod that shows you where every NPC is on the map at any time. There's one that shows you what gifts people like when you hover over their birthday. There's one that allows you to adjust the area of effect of sprinklers. I got the game on Switch and probably only played it for a few hours because I wanted my mods.

I mean, you don't HAVE to collect mushrooms and eggs every day. You don't HAVE to do anything. You can just let your farm get overgrown and become a miner if you want.

The only sense of urgency is what you place on yourself. I think the only time I've played with that kind of urgency is when I try to do speedruns. I would try to finish the community center in year 1. I managed to do it once. That involved playing the game with a spreadsheet and the wiki open on my second monitor.

22 minutes ago, Rachel said:

What was he even bragging about? Relaxing and making food on a Sunday? I mean hey that’s good and not everyone has the luxuries he described in his post but most people on this forum do so I’m not sure what was so brag worthy. 

I do agree though that he doesn’t love us. 

That was maybe what I was getting at. His night sounds like an impossible fantasy to me.

22 hours ago, Rachel said:

How do your Sunday nights fall short?

43 minutes ago, stepee said:

Obviously he doesn’t have stardew valley on switch.

I have Stardew Valley on PC, but I never really got into it or Animal Crossing or any of the other chore-based games. And even if I did enjoy it, I could only play for a few minutes at a time because my hands suck.

There isn't much of anything that brings me joy these days. I'm miserable and alone, and I can't even imagine being in a dating relationship. Hell, I barely have anyone that I would consider a true friend. I visit my sister and her family once a week, but they're all feeling nearly as bad as I am these days. I exaggerate slightly to make my point, but not that much. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I have Stardew Valley on PC, but I never really got into it or Animal Crossing or any of the other chore-based games. And even if I did enjoy it, I could only play for a few minutes at a time because my hands suck.

There isn't much of anything that brings me joy these days. I'm miserable and alone, and I can't even imagine being in a dating relationship. Hell, I barely have anyone that I would consider a true friend. I visit my sister and her family once a week, but they're all feeling nearly as bad as I am these days. I exaggerate slightly to make my point, but not that much. 

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

• Like 1