Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm watching the Steelers-Bengals game, just chilling. Have some beef bouruignon braising in the oven (Julia Child's recipe); made some herb fougasse earlier to go with it (Paul Hollywood's recipe). Girlfriend is playing Stardew Valley, which I re-purchased on the Switch earlier. This morning I got the furthest in Hades that I ever had (37th chamber, 22nd attempt). Enjoying some wine; smoked two bowls so far. Not a care in the world.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chilling in bed right now. Just had sex and there’s semen oozing out of my vagina hole. I should probably get up soon and pee and clean all the sexual fluids out of my crotch and inner thighs.

 

Had a decent day before this for the most part. Went to a cat cafe and cuddled beautiful kitties. Then went to a lake and enjoyed it for a bit but my spine pain was extra worse than usual for today so I was in a lot of pain randomly and left quickly. Came home and took 5 Advil and used a massager and laid down for a bit and it helped so yay. I was like crying from pain earlier.

 

Now I’m gonna get high and prob play borderlands. Thanks for asking Chris your day sounds great too with yummy food and weed. What strain you smoking?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the day off. It’s gonna get real stupid at work soon (incoming lockdowns means volume at grocery stores goes way up) and I had just a little vacation time to burn before the end of the year. Went for a walk, but it’s been mostly shitty weather today, so that didn’t last long. My hands and arms are shitty (cubital tunnel, I believe) so I can’t really play video games other than some stuff on my iPad. Binging The Magicians on Netflix. Just ordered some chicken vindaloo for dinner. Trying not to think about how long it’s going to be until things are better, doing a bad job of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Chilling in bed right now. Just had sex and there’s semen oozing out of my vagina hole. I should probably get up soon and pee and clean all the sexual fluids out of my crotch and inner thighs.

 

Had a decent day before this for the most part. Went to a cat cafe and cuddled beautiful kitties. Then went to a lake and enjoyed it for a bit but my spine pain was extra worse than usual for today so I was in a lot of pain randomly and left quickly. Came home and took 5 Advil and used a massager and laid down for a bit and it helped so yay. I was like crying from pain earlier.

 

Now I’m gonna get high and prob play borderlands. Thanks for asking Chris your day sounds great too with yummy food and weed. What strain you smoking?

 

Bubba Diagonal, which is nice. I have some Kush waiting in the wings, which is some of my favorite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally dealt with returning my busted air conditioner today and upon arriving at the Home Depot found out that the order I'd placed for a new one was cancelled right as I was getting in the car. Was really unhappy about that, I drove 4x as far as necessary for nothing, there's a Home Depot significantly closer I could have gone to if I was just doing the return, but I drove farther to this one specifically because the website said it was in stock and confirmed my order. And then I got to drive home empty handed.

 

Otherwise fine though I guess. Feeling a lot calmer now that Biden's the president elect and Trump's attempts at stealing the election are looking increasingly futile.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just installed new flooring in my Master closet, in preparation for new closet shelving being installed tomorrow.  
 

feeling kinda of concerned now that Biden is going to be president, and worried that the Jews might start to replace us.  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Now I’m realizing far too late that Chris has no real interest in our lives. He just wanted to brag. 

 

Specifically about making pizza.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Now I’m realizing far too late that Chris has no real interest in our lives. He just wanted to brag. 

 

He has no oozing semen though so he lost in his own thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ate my whole massive serving of chicken vindaloo, even though I wasn’t really hungry. Now I’m gonna take a walk around the block, grab some pints at the UDF (local gas station chain that makes their own pretty good ice cream) and continue to eat my feelings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I did cocaine tonight for the first time in like 2 years. I feel predictably terrible. Well, I don't feel terrible yet, but I will very soon.

al pacino drugs GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Now I’m realizing far too late that Chris has no real interest in our lives. He just wanted to brag. 

 

This is false, I am very much interested.

 

11 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I did cocaine tonight for the first time in like 2 years. I feel predictably terrible. Well, I don't feel terrible yet, but I will very soon.

 

I do not advocate cocaine usage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

 

This is false, I am very much interested.

 

 

I do not advocate cocaine usage.

Neither do I. I can't remember the last time I did cocaine and was like "that was a good idea" the next day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently in school, calling parent's as it's our Parents Evening day (well, second one). Then home, bit of looking at the baby, eating some dinner, watching the Crown and then bed time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 6:49 PM, TheLeon said:

Took the day off. It’s gonna get real stupid at work soon (incoming lockdowns means volume at grocery stores goes way up) and I had just a little vacation time to burn before the end of the year. Went for a walk, but it’s been mostly shitty weather today, so that didn’t last long. My hands and arms are shitty (cubital tunnel, I believe) so I can’t really play video games other than some stuff on my iPad. Binging The Magicians on Netflix. Just ordered some chicken vindaloo for dinner. Trying not to think about how long it’s going to be until things are better, doing a bad job of it.


How severe is your cubital tunnel? I forgot I was being investigated for that. Ultrasound showed the nerves were affected and I needed to get a nerve conduction study but never went. The idea that it can get so severe to not be able to play video games is an awful thought. I have some days where I can’t hold/use the controller properly but those are few and far between and usually if I position my arms a certain way it stops. I had a 2 month period last year where it was pretty severe and I was dropping things multiple times a day but then it got better. I just have random days now where it’s more prominent but it’s manageable. Oh and everyday when I’m sleeping the left sides of my hands go numb but that’s normal and dissipates within minutes of walking up. 
 

Are you seeking out any treatment or anything for it? Not being able to play games because of that is super not kewl. Does it affect your work?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rachel

I just got a test done (EMG) this morning. I should know in a day or two, but it seems pretty bad. I don't know if all of my current hand issues can be contributed to the cubital, but based off meeting with my hand surgeon, it's probably the main factor. I've been wearing splints on both arms at night, which is usually all that's needed, but I've been doing that for a month straight now with no real relief. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of options between that and surgery, which sucks. 

 

If I sit with my arms fully extended, resting on pillows, and keep a very light grip on the controller, I can play games for a bit, but my pinky and ring fingers start to go numb, and my thumbs get really sore and stiff, all the way down to the wrist. That's basically what happens at work to. I'm always carrying something, either a marker and a clipboard or boxes, and I have to be really mindful about not holding anything in the same way for long. I can get through the day, but it's rough. I spend most of my off time trying to relax my hands and arms as much as possible. It's just really annoying, especially since I spent the first half of this year deal with carpal tunnel syndrome. I ended up having to get surgery on both wrists. That went well, now my hands are just messed up in a new way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

@Rachel

I just got a test done (EMG) this morning. I should know in a day or two, but it seems pretty bad. I don't know if all of my current hand issues can be contributed to the cubital, but based off meeting with my hand surgeon, it's probably the main factor. I've been wearing splints on both arms at night, which is usually all that's needed, but I've been doing that for a month straight now with no real relief. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of options between that and surgery, which sucks. 

 

If I sit with my arms fully extended, resting on pillows, and keep a very light grip on the controller, I can play games for a bit, but my pinky and ring fingers start to go numb, and my thumbs get really sore and stiff, all the way down to the wrist. That's basically what happens at work to. I'm always carrying something, either a marker and a clipboard or boxes, and I have to be really mindful about not holding anything in the same way for long. I can get through the day, but it's rough. I spend most of my off time trying to relax my hands and arms as much as possible. It's just really annoying, especially since I spent the first half of this year deal with carpal tunnel syndrome. I ended up having to get surgery on both wrists. That went well, now my hands are just messed up in a new way. 


Yeah I game with a pillow like that too! It helps. Thankfully it’s been mild for me overall lately but your everyday sounds like when mine was more severe for those couple months. That’s good you can get surgery and have access to treatment and doctors but that’s crazy you already had surgery and might need it again. Sucks you have to deal with all that though. 
 

Do you know what caused it for you? I think for me it’s to do with the fact that my T1 disc is out of place but can’t confirm if that’s the cause or something different because as previously mentioned I missed the EMG appointment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rachel said:


Yeah I game with a pillow like that too! It helps. Thankfully it’s been mild for me overall lately but your everyday sounds like when mine was more severe for those couple months. That’s good you can get surgery and have access to treatment and doctors but that’s crazy you already had surgery and might need it again. Sucks you have to deal with all that though. 
 

Do you know what caused it for you? I think for me it’s to do with the fact that my T1 disc is out of place but can’t confirm if that’s the cause or something different because as previously mentioned I missed the EMG appointment. 

I can't easily pinpoint what caused it. I used to sleep with at least one arm curled up under my body, but I've tried my hardest to correct that this year. I have my elbows bent a lot during work, but nothing out of the ordinary. I can't imagine that holding up a marker and clipboard is what caused it, unless my body is suddenly just terrible. Resting your elbows on a hard surface for long periods of time can do it, but I haven't been using my computer desk very much lately, and that's the only place that would regularly happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Oh yeah I now have toxic addiction to Stardew Valley thanks to this thread @Chris-my life is ruined forever 

Greatest game of all time. You can always fit in one more day, next thing you know it's 5 days later and your SO is saying "we need to talk." I love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

Greatest game of all time. You can always fit in one more day, next thing you know it's 5 days later and your SO is saying "we need to talk." I love it.


It’s so stressful. I really enjoyed it at first but now I’m finding it overwhelming. There’s so much to do and take care of and the days go by way too quickly. The days need to be twice as long and then it would be MUCH more enjoyable. 
 

Mind you I’m still gonna keep playing and be a crack addict about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rachel said:


It’s so stressful. I really enjoyed it at first but now I’m finding it overwhelming. There’s so much to do and take care of and the days go by way too quickly. The days need to be twice as long and then it would be MUCH more enjoyable. 
 

Mind you I’m still gonna keep playing and be a crack addict about it. 

I find it helpful to remember that there is no time limits or deadlines. Not enough time to water your crops AND go fishing? Stop watering them, no one is forcing you to do it. Go fish. Or vice versa.

 

I can't imagine playing the game without mods, though. Like there's a mod that shows you where every NPC is on the map at any time. There's one that shows you what gifts people like when you hover over their birthday. There's one that allows you to adjust the area of effect of sprinklers. I got the game on Switch and probably only played it for a few hours because I wanted my mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I find it helpful to remember that there is no time limits or deadlines. Not enough time to water your crops AND go fishing? Stop watering them, no one is forcing you to do it. Go fish. Or vice versa.

 

I can't imagine playing the game without mods, though. Like there's a mod that shows you where every NPC is on the map at any time. There's one that shows you what gifts people like when you hover over their birthday. There's one that allows you to adjust the area of effect of sprinklers. I got the game on Switch and probably only played it for a few hours because I wanted my mods.


There are literally all kinds of deadlines and time limits. The day is only 15 minutes long. The help wanted quests are 1-2 days. You can only grow things certain times of year and only catch certain fish certain times of year. There is a huge sense of urgency and time is so limited. It’s too much pressure. And no way in hell am I gonna neglect watering/harvesting my plants and feeding my chickens and collecting mushrooms and eggs every day! Time is money people 
 

Mods sound great but I’d much rather play on Xbox where I can get my achievements. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, you don't HAVE to collect mushrooms and eggs every day. You don't HAVE to do anything. You can just let your farm get overgrown and become a miner if you want.

 

The only sense of urgency is what you place on yourself. I think the only time I've played with that kind of urgency is when I try to do speedruns. I would try to finish the community center in year 1. I managed to do it once. That involved playing the game with a spreadsheet and the wiki open on my second monitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...