Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So that explains florida, and elsewhere someone posted how Trump's campaign reaches out to Evangelical latinos so that helps explain a lot of texas but there's still the complete misses in Senate and district polling that hasn't been adequately explained

Occam's American razor. In many places, pollsters and others just ignored minority communities and failed to adequately listen to them.

• Philadelphia City Commissioners will give an update on the mail-in ballot count at around 9 a.m., we’ll be here to cover that.
  • Georgia is still counting votes, and Trump’s lead there has narrowed to less that 20,000. We’re hopeful to get more voters there throughout the morning, but … 🤷
  • Nevada is expected to announce more results beginning at 12 p.m. ET.
  • Finally, Arizona, too, is still counting votes and Trump is cutting into Biden’s lead there. We expect Maricopa County to report more votes at 9 p.m. ET, and some more Pima County results this evening.

27 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

John King has been great at explaining this. One time he accidentally said "missing" ballots, and then he stopped and explained calmly that they need to use better terminology. The ballots aren't missing, or aren't appearing, they are simply uncounted. He equated it to a stack of bills you get in the mail. Maybe you get home, start going through the envelopes, but get too tired and go to bed. Those bills on the counter are still going to be there in the morning, uncounted, and were delivered on-time.

John King and his Magic Wall are a treasure and must be protected at all costs.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

Anyone that thinks Biden's Hispanic problem was missed by the media simply wasn't paying attention.

I think it's a reckoning for Biden, the media, the Democratic Party, and America as whole, myself included.

Most people boiled it down to Trump and GOP + intolerant of Hispanic's and immigration = automatic Dem win. I think we're realizing that Hispanic voters are a lot more complex and not a single voting bloc.

That sounds obvious to say now, but it wasn't obvious to me before.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Dave made a point yesterday, saying that if they started this vote count last week we would have called PA shortly polls closed, because it'd be in reverse and the GOP gains wouldn't be large enough.

yeah, but this was the game for the GOP. Try to prevent as much mail in ballot counting, and also make it appear like there is fraud, because right now we’re seeing it look like PA is just “finding” Democrat votes, cheating Donald out of a win. 

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

yeah, but this was the game for the GOP. Try to prevent as much mail in ballot counting, and also make it appear like there is fraud, because right now we’re seeing it look like PA is just “finding” Democrat votes, cheating Donald out of a win. 

Right, its a stupid strategy that does nothing but throw the country further into chaos. 

9 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I think it's a reckoning for Biden, the media, the Democratic Party, and America as whole, myself included.

Most people boiled it down to Trump and GOP + intolerant of Hispanic's and immigration = automatic Dem win. I think we're realizing that Hispanic voters are a lot more complex and not a single voting bloc.

There were plenty of articles about it, though. The media can't really be blamed for it.

14 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

In Florida, it's sadly obvious to us. I see the plays guys like Rick Scott makes to Puerto Ricans and Venezuela, and I feel like Democrats are always caught flat-footed. That's why Florida/Texas Hispanic populations are broad, diverse, and powerful, but can also be tapped into if Democrats got their act together. In Texas, I think they can. Florida, I feel like we're always like this.

At least Obama and Bill showed how to win there.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In retrospect, the pledge to only consider women for VP might have been an error as it precluded the consideration of Latin men such as Julian Castro.

I forget what part of the Democratic Party said this -- it may have even been people close to Obama -- but I remember reading some also thought it precluded people like Andrew Yang.