Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

RCP is garbage by the way, because they randomly pick and choose polls to include and exclude, and will drop high quality polls despite it being in the same timeframe, while including shit like HarrisX, which is just rasmussen.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

Tightening is shown here too, but as I mentioned it isn’t as much as I thought.

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

RCP is garbage by the way, because they randomly pick and choose polls to include and exclude, and will drop high quality polls despite it being in the same timeframe, while including shit like HarrisX, which is just rasmussen.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/realclear-media-has-a-secret-facebook-page-filled-with-far-right-memes

34 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Tightening would be where the race was at the start of June, where we are now a steady big lead for Biden, who is still just above 50% where hes been since early June, but overall its been extremely steady, like all polling has been during his entire presidency.  Silver is putting a lot of weight behind whats happened in previous elections and is probably being overly cautious in his model because of it, i'm not even sure the candidates get a convention bounce this time around, cause at this point in 2016 the 2 major candidates combined weren't even breaking 85%, lol.

The explicit goal of the republican party is they feel they don't need to get a majority of votes or voters in order to govern. He's making explicit what has been implicit for years now. They're an anti small d democratic party, so it is inevitable that they go back to the tried and true American tradition of voter suppression. They've inherited the anti democratic norms from immediately after the civil war and reconstruction through Jim Crow, still largely based on race, but now to "own the libs" generally.

The Republican Party is the spiritual successor (and continuation of the entire idea) of the movement that the southern US deserves equal representation as the north despite having less people, money, or importance. To do that, you need to suppress the power of the north, which the movement has successfully done since the founding of the United States.

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

I wouldn't read too much into that tightening. BUT if it starts to look like beginning of August 2016 -> end of August 2016, or even worse, beginning of September 2016 -> September 25, right before the first debate, then that's one where I'd really be concerned.

I don't want that feeling again this year dangit.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I wouldn't read too much into that tightening. BUT if it starts to look like beginning of August 2016 -> end of August 2016, or even worse, beginning of September 2016 -> September 25, right before the first debate, then that's one where I'd really be concerned.

I don't want that feeling again this year dangit.

I'd be extremely shocked if we saw any real movement, its been 3.5 years of incredible consistency in polling.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'd be extremely shocked if we saw any real movement, its been 3.5 years of incredible consistency in polling.

I mean.... who knows, really. We were mesmerized by a near constant floor for Trump in 2016 but it seemed like Hillary and Trump kept trading off months (Hillary had a good June/August/October, Trump had a good July/September/November). What happens at the debates, how voters react this time if Trump goes ballistic since we're unfortunately used to it, what shady shit Barr tries, and how Trump's door-to-door voter outreach impacts Democrats being safe and not doing that, I just dunno how it'll all go down.

I'd much rather be in Biden's position right now, of course. I think even if Trump wins, nobody here should think it's inevitable.

18 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I mean.... who knows, really. We were mesmerized by a near constant floor for Trump in 2016 but it seemed like Hillary and Trump kept trading off months (Hillary had a good June/August/October, Trump had a good July/September/November). What happens at the debates, how voters react this time if Trump goes ballistic since we're unfortunately used to it, what shady shit Barr tries, and how Trump's door-to-door voter outreach impacts Democrats being safe and not doing that, I just dunno how it'll all go down.

I'd much rather be in Biden's position right now, of course. I think even if Trump wins, nobody here should think it's inevitable.

I think based on the differences in what polls are showing this time than they showed in 2016, Trump is right to focus on denying people the ability to vote or have their votes counted, lol.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeanine-pirro-joe-biden-fox-news-2020-8?amp

I absolutely hate to give this alcoholic the time of day, but the amount of fuckery that will go down in the next couple of months will be unprecedented. There will be no depth that Trump and Barr won't go. I feel Team Biden needs to absolutely saturate the media to hammer home Barr's corruption.

Democrat Joe Biden's lead has expanded to double-digits against President Trump in the presidential election, an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll finds. Biden now leads Trump 53% to 42%, up from an 8-point advantage at the end of June.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/14/902265017/poll-biden-expands-lead-a-third-of-country-says-it-wont-get-vaccinated

I like the double digit lead polls!

• Thanks 1