Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

He could, but with all being proportional, he still needs others to drop out to secure enough pledged delegates to win at the convention. With the DNC clearly still being opposed to a Sanders nomination, I can imagine the big time donors going into overdrive to bundle for Warren and Biden to stymie Sanders’ chance to get over the threshold.

I would love for Warren to be the main opponent to Sanders, and then have her throw her delegates to him at a brokered convention (to the fury of the DNC).

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I would love for Warren to be the main opponent to Sanders, and then have her throw her delegates to him at a brokered convention (to the fury of the DNC).

I think if it was that close then the party would almost certainly consolidate behind Warren.

5 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Let's all take a moment to remember that the DNC wanted to dump caucuses and Bernie's people refused. We wouldn't even be dealing with this nonsense if it weren't for the fact that one guy who did well in caucuses in 2016 wanted them around for his 2020 run.

If I order something from Amazon, and Amazon fucked up my order, is it my fault?

Whose fault is it they used this stupid shitty app?

19 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The reflexive deflection is a bit much.

Because it's a dumb fucking comment.

Is it the fault of the Congress for the ACA marketplace launch being a disaster? 

Why is the requestor at fault and not the provider? 

It was a shit system *to count the actual votes* using a shit app made my a politically connected company. But yes, Bernie's fault.

19 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Whose fault is it they used this stupid shitty app?

The app has just about nothing to do with any of the problems. Even the night of, the IDP first said they were doing the “quality control” because they were seeing irregularities in the data they were receiving. This is almost certainly because the caucus rules weren’t being followed, so the math on the sheets didn’t make sense. The preference cards were also getting filled out incorrectly in a lot of cases.

The app is just the fall guy for a completely broken caucus system.

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The app has just about nothing to do with any of the problems. Even the night of, the IDP first said they were doing the “quality control” because they were seeing irregularities in the data they were receiving. This is almost certainly because the caucus rules weren’t being followed, so the math on the sheets didn’t make sense. The preference cards were also getting filled out incorrectly in a lot of cases.

The app is just the fall guy for a completely broken caucus system.

Somehow the Sanders and booti campaigns were able to keep their counts. This is on the IDC/DNC and whomever created this system, and the mechanism thereof, the app.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Somehow the Sanders and booti campaigns were able to keep their counts. This is on the IDC

Their counts aren’t right either because the individual sites weren’t following the procedures correctly. There is actually no way to get the correct result at this point because the IDP didn’t train the volunteers properly.

4 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Fighting for this is stupid, too. Is there even a half dozen delegate difference here? 

There is exactly a zero national delegate difference between Sanders and Buttigieg no matter how these various errors resolve. They are going to tie for national delegates out of the state.

But this was never about national delegates! 

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Let's all take a moment to remember that the DNC wanted to dump caucuses and Bernie's people refused. We wouldn't even be dealing with this nonsense if it weren't for the fact that one guy who did well in caucuses in 2016 wanted them around for his 2020 run.

On 2/3/2020 at 11:48 PM, outsida said:

This is the system Bernie wanted. 

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The app wasn't letting users log on, let alone record votes

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/us/politics/iowa-caucus-problems.html

That doesn’t answer Ana’s question though. We know many precincts did send their data in via the app, and those who had issues started using other methods such as calling in or texting photos of their worksheets, all the way to physically trucking their documents to the IDP HQ.

As far as I can tell, there hasn’t been any suggestion of issues with the data that was received being in error from what was sent.

I believe the errors have been three types

1. errors in counting because of rules being enforced incorrectly.

2. errors in the math of the worksheets

3. errors in the spreadsheets the IDP released during their data dumps

2 and 3 can be fixed fairly easily, 1 is impossible to fix after the fact.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That doesn’t answer Ana’s question though. We know many precincts did send their data in via the app, and those who had issues started using other methods such as calling in or texting photos of their worksheets, all the way to physically trucking their documents to the IDP HQ.

As far as I can tell, there hasn’t been any suggestion of issues with the data that was received being in error from what was sent.

I believe the errors have been three types

1. errors in counting because of rules being enforced incorrectly.

2. errors in the math of the worksheets

3. errors in the spreadsheets the IDP released during their data dumps

2 and 3 can be fixed fairly easily, 1 is impossible to fix after the fact.

When discussing the app specifically does it really matter the type of error if it can't be widely used?