Gotham Knights (WB Montreal, 21 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

skillzdadirecta

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I think showing off red hood at first was a mistake, because he still looks horrible to play. Guns in a "batman" game. 

He was really fun to play as in the Arkham Knight DLC, IMO. This version of him looks slow, in comparison. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gotham Knights (WB Montreal, 25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: something to be announced tomorrow @ 0600 Pacific/0900 Eastern
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gotham Knights (WB Montreal, 25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: Official Robin Character Trailer

I think the game looks almost OK to play when they completely leave RedHood out of the gameplay. Even when they show tag team with another character, it’s never RedHood. Plus I wish they all just had the cape for travel in Gotham and not satellites, drones, and mystical powers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gotham Knights (WB Montreal, 25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: Official Batgirl Character Trailer
  • 2 weeks later...

I won't go as far as to say that this game will necessarily "bomb", but I'd be polishing my resume if I was a developer at WB Montreal.  Especially since the CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery is about to go on a cost-cutting rampage:

Warner-Bros-Discovery.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Warner Bros. Discovery is heading into a very important week.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gotham Knights (WB Montreal, 25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: first 16 minutes of gameplay from IGN
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I won't go as far as to say that this game will necessarily "bomb", but I'd be polishing my resume if I was a developer at WB Montreal.  Especially since the CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery is about to go on a cost-cutting rampage:

DEADLINE.COM

Was just talking to a buddy of mine at dinnere about this last night. They are about to fuck HBO right into the ground.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Was just talking to a buddy of mine at dinnere about this last night. They are about to fuck HBO right into the ground.

Zaslav is about to slaughter the "Golden Calf" that is HBO.

Going forward, I'd say that Apple TV+ is going to be the default go-to for "prestige" programming.

• True 1

17 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This looks fun to me, and I would buy it on day one if it was still coming out for the PS4. There’s nothing about that gameplay footage that looks like a current gen only game. It’s unfortunate that I won’t get to play it until I get a PS5, because that won’t be for a while from now. But I guess that it gives me another game to look forward to when I finally do get one.

9 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

DEADLINE.COM

Is the combat actually as clunky as this video makes it seem, or is this just a demo being played by someone who's extremely unfamiliar with Arkham-style combat?

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Is the combat actually as clunky as this video makes it seem, or is this just a demo being played by someone who's extremely unfamiliar with Arkham-style combat?

10 hours ago, Dre801 said:

No, that's just the game.  The combat and movement are nowhere near as fluid as people would like it to be.

The combat does look a little stiff, but it still looks fun. The game in general somewhat looks like a mid-tier game instead of a AAA one, but I’m a fan of mid-tier games so that doesn’t really bother me. It looks like an entertaining third person character action adventure game with varied gameplay, and I like Batgirl so I think that I’m going to enjoy it.

He’s not wrong, but the things that he doesn’t really like about it such as a lack of originality don’t really bother me. To me this is going to be a fun Batgirl beat ‘em up with some adventure elements which I’m totally cool with. But I do agree with him about Batgirl’s voice though, it doesn’t seem to be the best choice as it’s a little high-pitched sounding. However, it was starting to grow on me the more that I heard it so I don’t expect it to be an issue.

But it needs to be stated that every impressions video that I’ve seen of this gameplay footage wonders why this is a current gen only game when it looks like a last gen game. There’s absolutely no reason why this game couldn’t have been made for last gen consoles.

My theory as to why they canceled the last gen console versions claiming that it was too technically advanced for them is so that people wouldn’t view it as a cross-gen game since that’s considered somewhat of a negative since some people think that it holds back the quality a bit. But WB isn’t fooling anyone, because this looks like a last gen game in every aspect from the graphics to the gameplay.

It upsets me knowing that my theory is most likely the reason why they canceled the last gen console versions of it, because I would really like to play it when it comes out but now I’m going to have to wait until I get a PS5 which probably won’t be for a couple of more years.

ignfirst-gothamknights-blog-165935293191
WWW.IGN.COM

Gotham Knights will include a lot of superhero suits for your characters to wear, and we have the designs for 28 of them to show you – not to mention the unusual way they were designed, how they’ll work in game, how they can be customized, and more.

You guys are CRAZY... Day One for me with this game.

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
WWW.IGN.COM

Gotham Knights will include a lot of superhero suits for your characters to wear, and we have the designs for 28 of them to show you – not to mention the unusual way they were designed, how they’ll work in game, how they can be customized, and more.

Like I said, I would be buying it on day one if it was still coming to PS4. I’m upset that they canceled the last gen console versions, because it originally started development on last gen consoles and based on gameplay footage there’s no reason why it couldn’t be on them. They just don’t want people to think that it’s a cross-gen game, so I’m almost certain that’s why they canceled the last gen console versions.

11 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
WWW.IGN.COM

It looks like an Arkham game with less fluid combat.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Gotham Knights (WB Montreal, 25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Official Red Hood Character Trailer"