Update: Washington Professional Football Team announces "thorough review" of team name

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Not bribery:

I hope there's more. That's a little anticlimactic. I was hoping for something huge so we could blow it all up and possibly get the rest of the ownership group to push Snyder out. 

Honestly, I don’t dislike the name Washington Football Team. It’s so plain that it’s unique and it’s kind of like soccer. Better than picking a normal sports team name and I doubt Snyder would pick anything cool. I also like that their number will be on their helmet. 

10 hours ago, silentbob said:

They could be the Washington Team for Football, so we can walk around saying WTF to everyone 

Ah, yes.  The new "Foreskins" and "Redskin Potatoes".  Can't wait to hear this one all season.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, Pretzel said:

Meh... I'm still going to be calling them the Redskins.  I think most people in this area will be as well. 

Once they pick a new name you'll start using it and get used to it very quickly.

But I do like the idea of just calling it Washington FT, or Washington FC.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I kinda like Redhogs because it is kind of a throwback to the old hogs that you'd see back in the day. WFT is fine. Someone brought up a good point about Armada and Brigade that it would make them one of the few teams that don't end in a plural.

Presidents is dumb (like you said).

Armada isn't terrible.

Redhogs feels wrong because of the history.  The Hogs were a nickname for a specific unit.  It'd be like if instead of the Packers, Green Bay was named "Green Bay Meat Processing Workers Union, Local 103".

Brigade makes me think of neckbeards getting angry at subreddits.

Ultimately I'll support the team no matter what they choose.  I'm still pulling for Redwolves.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Naming a team “Defenders” would be hilariously confusing, so of course Washington is considering it.

<Kenny Albert> And winning the coin toss, the Defenders choose to defend, so we'll see the Defenders' defenders take the field first to defend.

• Haha 1