'Beavis and Butt-Head' Returning With Two New Seasons (and Spinoffs) at Comedy Central

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/beavis-butt-head-returning-two-new-seasons-spinoffs-at-comedy-central-1301344

The ViacomCBS-owned cable network is reviving Beavis and Butt-Head, with series creator Mike Judge returning to re-launch and re-imagine the franchise as part of a sizable deal that includes a two-season order and plans for additional spinoffs and specials.

Judge will return as the show's central driving force and will write, produce and provide voiceover for both of the iconic characters, who became pop culture sensations in the early 1990s on Comedy Central's corporate sibling, MTV.  

In the new incarnation, Beavis and Butt-Head will enter a "whole new Gen Z world" with meta-themes that are said to be relatable to both new fans who may be unfamiliar with the original series and old.

I loved Beavis and Butthead, but they are so of the time that I don’t know if a modern day revival will really work. MTV tried to bring it back 10 years ago and it failed. I’m curious what they are planning on doing differently to make this incarnation actually successful.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Without the music videos the show loses a lot of it's charm.

And not just any music videos, but 90’s music videos. Yes, it was the golden age of the music video format, with plenty of all time classics,  but there was also no shortage of absolute terrible/silly videos for them to poke fun at.

The revival from ten years ago tried to used a mixture of modern music videos and clips of MTV reality shows and it just wasn’t the same.

They already had that one comeback and even as a huge fan as a teenager, that was depressingly shitty. I have zero interest in this. The 90's was full of very self-serious videos, and I don't mean that in a negative way actually, which were perfect for Beavis & Butthead. I don't even get how any of it can make sense at this point. 

Also, I think I'm like one out of 100 people who actually really liked the movie.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The movie was incredible, I'm pretty sure you are underrating it.

I just remember all my friends hating it for some reason. I always had the impression it was considered crappy because of that, eh...

The hoover dam bit was great.

I remember the revival being fine. It wasn't breaking any new ground or anything, but it wasn't a dumpster fire.

They should have Beavis and Butthead as adults and make the show about their kids.

Or something. Maybe make a new show with new things... although, I guess we have plenty of new shows, so whatever.

I'll watch this.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Well, the thread was bumped to note that they’re going to start airing the episodes on Comedy Central :p 

As someone who has some interest in B&B, but not enough to sign up for another streaming service... I found the thread very helpful, thank you.

If people are looking for this on their DVR or whatever, it is now called Mike Judge's Beavis & Butthead. I was confused because it wasn't showing up at first.

15 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Well, the thread was bumped to note that they’re going to start airing the episodes on Comedy Central :p 

Ya know, I completely missed that the original post was 2020. I thought this was announcing two MORE seasons after the P+ ones. My bad on that one.

• Hugs 1

• 1 month later...