OZARK renewed for Fourth and Final season

"Supersized" at that.

The saga of the Byrde family will soon be coming to an end after Netflix renewed Ozark for an expanded fourth and final season. The drama, which stars Jason Bateman, Laura Linney and Julia Garner, has been renewed for 14 final episodes with the season split into two seven-episode parts. The new season will mark the final chapter in the Byrde family’s journey from suburban Chicago life to their criminal enterprise in the Ozarks, particularly after that season three ending.

So... Marty vs Wendy in season four?

Nice. I watched the first few episodes when it first aired, but didn’t stick with it. Shortly after season 3 came out, I gave it another shot, and got caught up in like a week. :epilepsy:
With the momentum they’ve had up to this point, it would have been really hard to keep it going indefinitely.

50 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Like Breaking Bad. These shows need to have an end game.

Walking Dead should have met theirs years ago.

Walking dead lost me about season 4... When they spent a whole season looking for a girl lost in the woods. 

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Like Breaking Bad. These shows need to have an end game.

Walking Dead should have met theirs years ago.

Right on both counts.It's why Breaking Bad currently sits atop my list of all time favorite TV shows, dethroning my once champ The Wire. Breaking bad is such a tightly told saga.

4 hours ago, number305 said:

Walking dead lost me about season 4... When they spent a whole season looking for a girl lost in the woods. 

Walking Dead is just a text book example of a property being exploited into oblivion... that said I still watch it.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Walking Dead is just a text book example of a property being exploited into oblivion... that said I still watch it.

I'd give that award to Prison Break. It would have made for a great one and done show but at the end of season 1 they were like, "Hey we got renewed!" and then extended the show for another...5 years?

• 7 months later...

Finally got around to watching seasons 2 and 3.

I really hate the Byrde’s fully now. I think having a sibling of my own that struggles with debilitating mental illness like Ben really pushed me over the edge. Up to that point you mostly had bad people meeting the fate they earned for themselves. I don’t even really want to see any more of the story.

18 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Finally got around to watching seasons 2 and 3.

I really hate the Byrde’s fully now. I think having a sibling of my own that struggles with debilitating mental illness like Ben really pushed me over the edge. Up to that point you mostly had bad people meeting the fate they earned for themselves. I don’t even really want to see any more of the story.

Ruth is great and it is fun to root for her. So if nothing else stick around for her.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:40 AM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Awww, nah. The Wire is still my favorite show ever. It’s one of the very few I’ve watched twice. 

On 6/30/2020 at 11:36 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Right on both counts.It's why Breaking Bad currently sits atop my list of all time favorite TV shows, dethroning my once champ The Wire. Breaking bad is such a tightly told saga.

I have never watched The Wire. 

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...

Up to episode 6. Watched 4 eps yesterday. I was almost hoping for a filler episode, just to catch my breath.

Spoiler

Seems like one problem after another. That PI cracks me up. And Wendy, whew, she's a lot. Well on her way to a complete psychotic snap.

11 hours ago, Moa said:

https://i.redd.it/75m17ack7a881.jpg

Hide contents

as I remember it, she did suck tho

Really weird take when literally all the characters in the show are regularly involved in criminal behavior and Ruth is far and away the most popular character on the show :p 

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm a woman.

I haven't watched most of those other shows/movies there, except BB and Wolf of Wallstreet and both those male characters also suck while being compelling, much like Wendy.

Ruth is awesome.

Yeah I think Wendy is designed to be hated which means Laura Linney is doing an amazing job. I hated Walter White on Breaking Bad but still watched the show... I was more of a fan of Jesse. On Better Caul Saul, Jimmy is ok but he infuriates me sometimes. The thing with Jimmy and Jesse, they do fucked up shit but are at heart, good people who hurt themselves more than others. Walter and Wendy are ruthless sociopaths. That's the difference and it's also why they are so compelling to watch. Ruth is awesome too... she's more like Jesse in Breaking Bad and Marty is her Walter. Ironically the character Marty reminds me of the most is Ghost from Power on Starz. Those two have a lot in common in terms of motivation and how they operate. Ghost is a little more ruthless than Marty though. Intersting bit of trivia, Frank Jr. on Ozark was also on Power. He was Ghost's partner/slash brother/frenemy Tommy.

I feel like Marty would be done with the whole thing and go back to just being a boring family man if he could. I think he has genuine remorse for putting his family into the situation they are in, even though I don't think he has any remorse for participating in criminal activity itself.

Ruth quite clearly would love to get herself, Wyatt, and Three out of the awful world they were forced into by their upbringing. She was ready to give up the business she was building with Darlene since she now had enough money to create a new life for her family.

Wendy pretends she wants the best for her family, but consistently does things to pull them deeper into harms way to gain more and more power. Something she has felt like she deserved for years and was sidelined by just being a wife and mom. 

Good stuff. Just finished.

Spoiler

On a more specific note, scenes with Marty and Ruth cooperating in some minor way felt good. Marty pulling the gun and trying to stop the corporate soldier shows he does care. I lol’d at the wedding. How about those Wyatt and Darlene kissing scenes! :sick:

Can’t wait to see how it all ends.