OZARK renewed for Fourth and Final season

Just finished the finale.  That fade to black was almost as annoying as "The Sopranos" finale.

While  I don't think the show nailed the ending, it's been a great ride and I see myself rewatching the series down the road.

• 1 month later...

Late to the party, but that finale was a pile of shit. Holy fuck. I'm annoyed.

Spoiler

No character redemption. No glimmer of hope. No major character arcs that went anywhere besides completely bonkers. Breaking Bad is something I can rewatch because things more or less ended how they should've. Not this one, though.

But, overall, it was a good show.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

I finished this a couple weeks ago and the ending was so mediocre I forgot to comment about it. 

Spoiler

Things I didn’t like. 

• Ruth died. 
  • No consequences for Wendy.
  • Character building felt wasted 
  • Marty is running a drug cartel himself for a while. Did anyone else find this absurd and almost a little cringy considering the tone of the rest of the show?
  • Nothing happened! At least in the Sopranos you could reason out the end. There was no end and that’s what the problem is.  This is a story in a tv show and they tried to make it a documentary with the ending. What a shame. We already know white powerful families get away with a lot of shit. It’s on the news everyday. This wasn’t a deep ending where I walked away contemplating a deep philosophical issue like they wanted. I forgot about it the next day.   

It’s still a great show, and this isn’t a game of thrones ending, but mediocre at best.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I finished this a couple weeks ago and the ending was so mediocre I forgot to comment about it. 

Hide contents

Things I didn’t like. 

• Ruth died. 
  • No consequences for Wendy.
  • Character building felt wasted 
  • Marty is running a drug cartel himself for a while. Did anyone else find this absurd and almost a little cringy considering the tone of the rest of the show?
  • Nothing happened! At least in the Sopranos you could reason out the end. There was no end and that’s what the problem is.  This is a story in a tv show and they tried to make it a documentary with the ending. What a shame. We already know white powerful families get away with a lot of shit. It’s on the news everyday. This wasn’t a deep ending where I walked away contemplating a deep philosophical issue like they wanted. I forgot about it the next day.   

It’s still a great show, and this isn’t a game of thrones ending, but mediocre at best.  

I agree with all that. Another thing I didn't like...

Spoiler

Was having the PI come back, just so we can see one of the more innocent character's on the show, commit cold-blooded murder. I liked that he tried to redeem himself one last time, but that was dark as shit. If anything, I might've ended with him looking over news articles about the death of Navarro and Ruth. Leaving things a little more ambiguous, but with a slight glimmer of hope.

What they did with her dad made me uncomfortable, as well, but at least his demons had been alluded too for awhile.

Aside from Ruth dying, I'm not as angry as I was initially. 

As my grandma used to say... I'm not upset. Just disappointed. 

• Halal 1

• 2 months later...

I watched the first 2 seasons back when they initially released. I'm going to start this back up today. I just hear to many great things about it. I remember being very immersed in the show back then. 

I do remember reading here that the series ending was extremely disappointing but I'll see for myself.