Kids in the Hall gets new season on Amazon

Yeah, one of my all time favorite things ever... but yeah... uh... I dunno... sometimes things just have to be things in the time they were... we don't need to bring everything back all the time.

That said, I'll be watching.

On 3/5/2020 at 6:42 PM, ort said:

Yeah, one of my all time favorite things ever... but yeah... uh... I dunno... sometimes things just have to be things in the time they were... we don't need to bring everything back all the time.

That said, I'll be watching.

I get the general weariness from bringing back literally every other show, but this is a different case because this particular comedy troupe is still going strong. They still tour together and from I’ve been told are still very funny. The chemistry and talent is still there. So it won’t really be a reunion for them, just a return to television.

And I can’t wait.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I only did the first episode because my mother wants to watch as well. Well we have watched Deadwood together, well you get to see some floppy dead-ish wood. I won’t spoil why they are back but I had a good laugh on how they did. I hope it does well and that we get more future episodes of the kids. Especially when they only give us 8 episodes after being off the air for 30 years 

7 hours ago, Firewithin said:

As soon as I saw the open credits my nostalgia kicked in hard.

The chair race and the drop doctor lol

I was hit with an absolute tidal wave of nostalgia when the opening theme played. Probably hadn't heard it in 25 years.

Watched the first 3 episodes. Baby droppage and imaginary girlfriend felt the most KITH so far.

So I watched the 2nd episode (and rewatched the first again so Mom could catch up) I don’t think I have had such a consistent belly laugh for an episode and a long time. The doctor was great and loved seeing the pen shooting out of the hand all the time. Although that imaginary girlfriend skit was classic KITH too me. I could almost hear the old CBC live audience laugh as they take their moment in the glowing light just to monologue their love. I knew how it was gonna play out but I still loved the ride.

• Like 1

I've been watching and enjoying it, but probably less than you guys it sounds like.

It's not bad, but I also don't think it's really nailing the landing most of the time.

I have actually watched a great deal of classic kids in the hall pretty recently. The thing with these sketch shows, is that you end up remembering the best of the best bits and the rest fades away. When you revisit, you realize that for every amazing gem of a sketch, there are a whole bunch of lesser ones. That said, the classic show is much more entertaining overall than the new one. There's more of a subversive rebellious and chaotic feel to it. That show was weird as hell. I'm not sure they could recapture that bizarre tone if they tried.