What are you playing today?

7 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Shocking reveal Time! Please be seated. I've never liked Pokémon or monster collecting games in general.  

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Thank you Jesus someone feels the same way!

You both are dead to me

• Sicko 1
  • Hugs 1

I’ve been to the game shop twice in the past few weeks and successfully talked myself out of buying something due to my current backlog…which I’ve then done nothing about. So, I’m just going to clear a few gaming things off my plate, namely Witcher 3 on my switch (I think I’m half way through), then I’ll do all the end game stuff on Tears of the Kingdom and polish that off, then Persona 4…

I also want to get through a few PS5 games, but lack time in the TV, so I might just try out remote play on my old laptop and see if that’ll be good enough.

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

I’ve been to the game shop twice in the past few weeks...

I also want to get through a few PS5 games, but lack time in the TV, so I might just try out remote play on my old laptop and see if that’ll be good enough.

Go back to the game shop and buy a portal.

On 1/27/2024 at 6:41 PM, Remarkableriots said:

I want to get that, eventually.

I don't know if I'd recommend it.  It's basically a battle gauntlet game with repeating battlegrounds and occasional NPC interactions.  The story, while maybe critical to Rebirth / the end Remake, is maybe one of Square's worst localized efforts.  Or its just bad writing to begin with.

It's definitely addictive, but in the way Hyrule Warriors was for me when I played it last year.

All this Pokemon chat is me to see if anyone locally was selling a game. Turns out someone about 3 miles from me is selling Let’s Go Pikachu and Animal Crossing. Currently waiting to see if they’ll accept my offer and then I can contribute towards be discourse!

8 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I'm currently playing

The Crew

Diablo II Resurrected

Saints Row

Puzzle Quest 3

A Plague Tale: Requiem

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Marvel's Midnight Suns

Evil West

Grand Theft Auto V

Bus Simulator 2023

Jesus. When do you have time to eat or take a shit?

Tekken 8, POP, Suicide Squad, and Disney Dreamlight seem to be my games atm. Tekken 8 and Dreamlight will be on rotation for a while. I still want to go back and really tackle Persona 5 soon, but now I’m not sure if that will be after Banishers or not. Dreamlight is stealing a lot of that late night time.

Also been playing some ps2 stuff on deck. I did try out Ridge Racer 5 @Keyser_Soze and it indeed looks great at high res on the oled. They really nailed the lighting for the time damn.

• Hype 2

2 hours ago, stepee said:

@TheLeon I can’t find your post but are you still playing Secret of Mana remake? How is it besides the graphics being weak?

I’ve put a couple hours into it. It got much better when I went into the options and turned off the VO and set the music back to the original score. But it’s still a frustrating experience. They didn’t seem to fix basic things like your companions frequently getting stuck in the environment, or sometimes they’ll just stand still to be hit during combat. The menus are somehow worse than the original, the icons that show what weapon/armor each character has equipped are comically small. 

I have a lot of little complaints like that, but keep in mind the original is a game I played through once a year for a long time and basically have memorized. One clear improvement is that it runs much better. Without the slowdown present in the original, combat is a lot more responsive (and easier). 

I’ll keep playing it, it’s a good game to dip into for 15-20 minutes at a time between more intense games. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Tekken 8, POP, Suicide Squad, and Disney Dreamlight seem to be my games atm. Tekken 8 and Dreamlight will be on rotation for a while. I still want to go back and really tackle Persona 5 soon, but now I’m not sure if that will be after Banishers or not. Dreamlight is stealing a lot of that late night time.

Also been playing some ps2 stuff on deck. I did try out Ridge Racer 5 @Keyser_Soze and it indeed looks great at high res on the oled. They really nailed the lighting for the time damn.

How's Suicide Squad so far?

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

How's Suicide Squad so far?

Seems pretty solid so far though it hits the cpu hard and could really use frame gen. But on my desktop it still runs well enough that I won’t wait for it. It does look fantastic though, both technically and artistically. Metropolis itself is quite an achievement design wise. Lots of verticality and very dense. Gameplay is a lot of fun if you are a fan of games like Crackdown/Sunset Overdrive. It really feels like the current gen version of one of those. Story is interesting. Only played single player. Will see how mission variety holds up as far as not getting too repetitive or not as I play more.

Jesus Christ. Going from TLOU 2 to Starfield is devastating production and acting wise.

Spoiler

Unity just attacked the lodge and key. Sarah dies and the entire time I'm laughing at the pathetic production values and voice acting. Then running through New Atlantis Joel just stops running and is stuck in a glitch. I laugh and take off in front of her. 

Meanwhile I was crying like a baby at the end of TLOU2. Not a good idea playing this right after. 

• True 1

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jesus Christ. Going from TLOU 2 to Starfield is devastating production and acting wise.

Hide contents

Unity just attacked the lodge and key. Sarah dies and the entire time I'm laughing at the pathetic production values and voice acting. Then running through New Atlantis Joel just stops running and is stuck in a glitch. I laugh and take off in front of her. 

Meanwhile I was crying like a baby at the end of TLOU2. Not a good idea playing this right after. 

Ngl I am disappointed in Starfield. Could have been so much better than it turned out. It really shows when like you said play something like TLoU or Baldur’s Gate. Bethesda should have just made another Skyrim clone instead of the space RPG. 

Just now, Biggie said:

Ngl I am disappointed in Starfield. Could have been so much better than it turned out. It really shows when like you said play something like TLoU or Baldur’s Gate. Bethesda should have just made another Skyrim clone instead of the space RPG. 

Yea. I mean this isn't even opened world like Elders Scrolls and Fallout. It's tiny sections at a time with fast traveling. In other Bethesda games you traverse in a huge world which is extremely immersive. 

They really dropped the ball with this. However my expectations for Elders Scrolls 6 is still high. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea. I mean this isn't even opened world like Elders Scrolls and Fallout. It's tiny sections at a time with fast traveling. In other Bethesda games you traverse in a huge world which is extremely immersive. 

They really dropped the ball with this. However my expectations for Elders Scrolls 6 is still high. 

Should have made it one huge planet that you explore. Like Skyrim. Just an open world outer space planet. The whole space jump here and complete this quest and then space jump here and talk to this person doesn’t even remotely feel like open world space. 

• True 1

35 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Should have made it one huge planet that you explore. Like Skyrim. Just an open world outer space planet. The whole space jump here and complete this quest and then space jump here and talk to this person doesn’t even remotely feel like open world space. 

Absolutely nailed it. 

Almost 20 hours into Crisis Core Reunion and I've completely broke it.  HP is 99,999.  Single target attack deals 99,999.  AOE Attack deals about 60k.  Same for a drain heal attack with i-frames.  Almost no status effects work on me.  I can't be staggered.  All elemental attacks are absorbed as health.

All it took was maybe 2 hours of grinding once I beat ~1/3 of the in game side quests.  It's a stupidly unbalanced game, but maybe that's what people love about it?