What are you playing today?

20 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Playing Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 on GBA on my Analogue Pocket. I love this thing, it's breathed new life into my GB/GBC/GBA collection. Haven't played these games in ages.

I'd also like to beat Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe today or tomorrow. I'm getting close.

Slightly related but I never had a turbo duo and have no games for it always wanted and just looking at it makes me so nostalgic so I’m almost tempted for this:

WWW.ANALOGUE.CO

The Higher Energy Analogue System

And then I see that turbo express mod coming for the pocket :O

Maybe when I move to a larger place some day I’ll get into some of this stuff.

Today I’m going to play bits and pieces of games and decide what my next main game will be because I’m torn between a few options like Andromeda, Starfield, Days Gone, Yakuza Gaiden, Assassins Creed Mirage, wait for Avatar? Doom Eternal is the perfect pick up and play while watching tv game so I’ll be playing that regardless but I could also just main that on tv too, life is sooooo hard. I think not Starfield yet because I feel like something more bang bang and I imagine I’ll be exploring a lot in that one though it does have good feeling combat. Oh shit or Robocop fuckkkkkk

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Today I’m going to play bits and pieces of games and decide what my next main game will be because I’m torn between a few options like Andromeda, Starfield, Days Gone, Yakuza Gaiden, Assassins Creed Mirage, wait for Avatar? Doom Eternal is the perfect pick up and play while watching tv game so I’ll be playing that regardless but I could also just main that on tv too, life is sooooo hard. I think not Starfield yet because I feel like something more bang bang and I imagine I’ll be exploring a lot in that one though it does have good feeling combat. Oh shit or Robocop fuckkkkkk

Starfield. The rest of that can wait. 

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

Doom is brilliant to dip into and out of. If I had a handheld PC, the Yakuza series would be my pick. 

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

Either finish Robocop or play Andromeda because you can’t finish any of the other games listed before the sneaky GOTY gets released this Friday. 

• True 2

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Slightly related but I never had a turbo duo and have no games for it always wanted and just looking at it makes me so nostalgic so I’m almost tempted for this:

WWW.ANALOGUE.CO

Yeah, I saw  that. For consoles, I have the original hardware and they're modded, so I get better output. So I don't have much of a desire for them. But the Pocket has been fantastic. I wanted a portable device and this is absolutely the best way to play all these old games portably.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brian said:

Either finish Robocop or play Andromeda because you can’t finish any of the other games listed before the sneaky GOTY gets released this Friday. 

I did already sub to Ubi+ for this (and Mirage..) in anticipation and didn’t realize how short Robocop was - I think we have a winner!

• Hype 1

Alright I forced hdr to work on Robocop using the autohdr registry program so now we are good to go for real. If you aren’t going to ship with proper hdr you need to at least make sure you support autohdr, really no excuse for that. It looks so damn much better and most people will never get to see it like this which is a shame.

Idk what the deal is but it seems most UE5 games are shipping without hdr but maybe it’s just because it’s all been smaller devs so far.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Alright I forced hdr to work on Robocop using the autohdr registry program so now we are good to go for real. If you aren’t going to ship with proper hdr you need to at least make sure you support autohdr, really no excuse for that. It looks so damn much better and most people will never get to see it like this which is a shame.

Idk what the deal is but it seems most UE5 games are shipping without hdr but maybe it’s just because it’s all been smaller devs so far.

I saw you were playing this about 5 minutes ago. Can you communicate through the deck?

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Im playing it on my desktop right now (this game is a tech powerhouse) but yes you can 

I was watching a few video reviews last night and each review loved it. They also said it looks gorgeous and with you implementing HDR, it must look phenomenal. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

WWW.ANALOGUE.CO

I have one on pre-order. I will post my thoughts when I get it. There is also news that MLiG will be posting their review the morning of the 11th. 

Also any new orders now won't ship till Feb 2024 and the AnalogDuo will not support OpenFPGA like the pocket does (so no 3rd party cores).

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, Bitgod said:

I played Unreal Tournament.  Cuz I got told of this

GITHUB.COM

Contribute to OldUnreal/UnrealTournamentPatches development by creating an account on GitHub.

And I decided to install UT again and try it.  It helps, though I'd prefer a true remake.

Did you install the 4K textures?

Really digging Robocop a lot. That *squish* sound on headshots too lmao so good. I watched Robocop (1987) last night since I barely have any memory of it and damn that is actually a solid ass satire/action movie. Red Foreman as the main villain! Ray Wise! Loved it. I’m going to watch Robocop 2 tonight as well to fully get immersed here, though I know it’s not supposed to be nearly as good. This game is apparently a sequel to 2, ignoring the Robocop 3 that didn’t have Peter Weller.

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Really digging Robocop a lot. That *squish* sound on headshots too lmao so good. I watched Robocop (1987) last night since I barely have any memory of it and damn that is actually a solid ass satire/action movie. Red Foreman as the main villain! Ray Wise! Loved it. I’m going to watch Robocop 2 tonight as well to fully get immersed here, though I know it’s not supposed to be nearly as good. This game is apparently a sequel to 2, ignoring the Robocop 3 that didn’t have Peter Weller.

The Robocop movies were the first R rated films I saw as a kid. I remember sleeping over at my older brothers house and we watched part 1 and 2. I actually saw part 3 in the theater. I liked part 2 so it should be fine.