~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I personally have been offered, and politely declined getting vaccine just because I do not feel fully comfortable yet with it whatsoever. When it is "optional" yet then you are inundated with constant updates about who's available to get on the shot list now ... like I know it's vital information for the public & yet I cannot let go of the very real feeling I have deep down that its mass propaganda. Chalk it up to being less than enthused with my government & questioning them more & more in the last year + with how they completely flubbed the ball with the whole damn thing.

The untrustworthy sensation I have to all of this is quite real to me. Meanwhile, I cannot help but wonder, why is it when so many other vaccinations have the actual thing you are being vaccinated against, inside said inoculation, yet the myriad of versions out there for the masses do not?  Canada just halted all shipments of Astrazeneca (due to blood clot issues). Then there are the multiple varying strains that is more & more sounding like further inoculations will be needed for those variants as well.

I'm not coming at it completely conspiratorial, and in fact I would state that dismissing my concerns as such is just further propagating the way all things are done nowadays versus having an actual discussion. There shouldn't be anything wrong with someone wanting to take a "wait & see" approach to how ALL of this shakes out as things continue to change at least weekly if not even daily, bringing up more issues & concerns in my book.

Now we have, in New York State, an app made in conjunction with IBM for this passport while Biden says on a federal level, they will be enacting the same thing soon. Again, it is allegedly "voluntary" as is the vaccine, yet I know full damn well that while a law cannot necessarily be passed stating you HAVE TO HAVE THE SHOT OR ELSE, when private companies & corporations institute mandates that further this agenda of "BETTER PROVE IT OR NO ACCESS TO OUR GOODS/SERVICES", that is well within their standards & is legal to do so.

I understand that from their point of view, it IS in fact to ensure safety. However, if those that are like minded as myself, willingly continue to do what we have been doing for over a year and instead socially distance ourselves & wear masks, that should be good enough. Yet I fear that it will eventually (and quite honestly, I feel it to be much sooner than later), it is going to be an all or nothing type situation. More & more impetus against those still wanting to wait & see, while being vilified in the press and through social media because how dare we attempt any type of critical thinking that goes against the masses, we are less than because so?

I welcome any & all to share, contradict, or have a cordial conversation about what I just expressed.

Wow, way to take the heat off sblfilms, buddy :p

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Reasons to wear a mask, even if vaccinated:

• If your area still has a mask mandate (most places in North America, currently)
  • If you don't want to cause anxiety in other people (who won't know you are vaccinated)

That's it, and both are important and valid reasons. 

Variants. 

It continues to fucking baffle me that we can't just wait another month to exceed a 50% vaccination rate and make sure we can have a relatively normal summer. Orange County is going to expand church capacity just in time for Easter Sunday. 

10459495_033021-kabc-la-oc-orange-tier.j
ABC7.COM

Los Angeles and Orange counties on Tuesday became eligible to advance into the less-restrictive orange tier in the state's reopening framework, allowing for several businesses to expand...

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It continues to fucking baffle me that we can't just wait another month to exceed a 50% vaccination rate and make sure we can have a relatively normal summer. Orange County is going to expand church capacity just in time for Easter Sunday. 

ABC7.COM

Los Angeles and Orange counties on Tuesday became eligible to advance into the less-restrictive orange tier in the state's reopening framework, allowing for several businesses to expand...

Nothing gets the old Tithe juices flowing like sick church members 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

ABC7.COM

Looking to drop the % churchgoing in the pew poll again

Take the vaccine, still wear a mask. Wife is pregnant so I still don't want a mild case to get her

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

@SoberChef

Not meant to be an attack at all, but weren't you the person in this thread that said something to the effect of that the virus was good because the world was overpopulated? Apologies if I'm totally making that up!

Definitely sounds like something I would have said. The world IS overpopulated & unsustainable.

2 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Definitely sounds like something I would have said. The world IS overpopulated & unsustainable.

Not it isn’t on either account. Both could be true if behavior patterns don’t change though.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My husband is getting his first dose Friday. He’s pretty excited. As am I. He’ll feel less paranoid about getting out a bit. He wants to go eat sushi at some our favorite place when he’s fully vaccinated. 

He’s getting a colonoscopy tomorrow, so that does offset a bit of his excitement, though...

Ugh, I dread the day I have to get one of those.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not it isn’t on either account. Both could be true if behavior patterns don’t change though.

Outlaw eating beef. Boom. Sustainability achieved. (I'm exaggerating). Amazon stops getting cut down so much, more land for actual crops that only require a fraction of the resources, more land to expand cities, arguably less greenhouses, and more affordable food that doesn't necessarily require subsidies. Sorry, cows. RIP, we hardly knew ye.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Ugh, I dread the day I have to get one of those.

He’s really just hangry. He doesn’t do well when he can’t eat. Oh, and he’s at least thankful we have a bidet. :p 

I had one at 16, the prep wasn’t fun and any time I get anesthesia, I wake up sick as a dog. Otherwise, it wasn’t a huge deal. 

53 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I was planning on moving across the country once going to concerts is a thing again, and I wasn't planning on that until like September. DON'T FUCK WITH MY DEADLINES

Seriously, I have had tickets to a Megadeth concert for over a year now. Currently scheduled for August. Let’s do this. 

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Transmission outside is rare, but it happens:

thelikelihoo.jpg
MEDICALXPRESS.COM

Almost all documented coronavirus transmissions have occurred indoors, but experts say that wearing a mask outside is justified because there is still a risk of infection.

“The likelihood of catching Covid-19 outdoors is low but increases in crowded areas or at events where people are close together for long periods of time”

”"There were virtually no cases that we could identify that took place in sort of everyday life outdoors," study author Mike Weed, a professor and researcher at Canterbury Christ Church University, told AFP.”

“The time spent near a contagious person will be a key factor: a second on the sidewalk doesn't seem to be enough to catch COVID-19. It probably takes at least several minutes.

"While it is not impossible, there is no evidence that COVID-19 has been transmitted when people walk past each other outdoors," the group of scientists concluded.”

You were talking about taking a walk outside! We aren’t doing anybody favors by giving out bad advice regarding risks. While maybe not actually zero, the chance of catching Covid while walking past an infected person outside is so remote you're probably at greater risk of being mugged or otherwise assaulted by the person walking past you vs. catching Covid.

This is amazing “didn’t read their own article” stuff :p 

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

“The likelihood of catching Covid-19 outdoors is low but increases in crowded areas or at events where people are close together for long periods of time”

”"There were virtually no cases that we could identify that took place in sort of everyday life outdoors," study author Mike Weed, a professor and researcher at Canterbury Christ Church University, told AFP.”

“The time spent near a contagious person will be a key factor: a second on the sidewalk doesn't seem to be enough to catch COVID-19. It probably takes at least several minutes.

"While it is not impossible, there is no evidence that COVID-19 has been transmitted when people walk past each other outdoors," the group of scientists concluded.”

You were talking about taking a walk outside! We aren’t doing anybody favors by giving out bad advice regarding risks. While maybe not actually zero, the chance of catching Covid while walking past an infected person outside is so remote you're probably at greater risk of being mugged or otherwise assaulted by the person walking past you vs. catching Covid.

This is amazing “didn’t read their own article” stuff :p 

“Transmission is rare, but it happens” 

I definitely read this article and saw the studies. But my statement doesn’t negate any of that. You ain’t gonna outpedant me, amigo!

• Haha 1