~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I at no point felt bad or guilty about what I was doing, I just don't want to deal with other people's judgy reactions to finding out I'm already vaccinated. :p

Nor did I, if anything I want a damn apology from my state for moving me from Phase 1a to Phase 4 in January, only to re-add my situation to Phase 1a two weeks ago. 

9 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Nor did I, if anything I want a damn apology from my state for moving me from Phase 1a to Phase 4 in January, only to re-add my situation to Phase 1a two weeks ago. 

I would have waited until this month if we'd stuck with the original tier schedule but then Newsom blindsided everyone with the announcement that we're ditching the tier schedule after doing 1b (and I was supposed to be 1c both via employment and via health reasons) in favor of age-based, said we'll get you more details "tomorrow", and then went over a week without clarifying whether any kind of health-based eligibility would be included in the new prioritization system. And Los Angeles County has been excruciatingly slow to expand access, when Newsom announced 65+ was eligible, the LA County health department announced "oh no, we're not doing that yet, we can't move on until we do each and every person in 1a" despite shit like 40% refusal rates from cops and firefighters; the county executive had to issue an executive order a few days later forcing 65+ to be added. As things are going it looks like I really did get shoved from 1c to the back of the line and would have been waiting until general eligibility if I hadn't done my thing, but what really pushed me over the edge way way more than the delay in eligibility was having the rug yanked out from under me on going from "okay you just have to make it to mid-March before you can start trying to book an appointment" to being left completely in the dark about when I'd be eligible without even a target date I had to hold out for.

39 minutes ago, Joe said:

Standing on line for my second dose. An anti-vaxxer just tried to start shit with a member of the National Guard lmao.

I didn’t catch the whole thing, but the guy yelled from his vehicle to the National Guardsman, “wow you are SOME patriot.” The National Guardsman replied, “why don’t you get out of your minivan and say that to my face?!” The dude in the minivan then proceeded to peel out in his minivan and zoomed off lol.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

You have a list of people you hope get vaccinated quickly? 

In my brainspace, absolutely. This has been a hard year, more so for some more than others for a variety of reasons.

Just now, Joe said:

I didn’t catch the whole thing, but the guy yelled from his vehicle to the National Guardsman, “wow you are SOME patriot.” The  National Guardsman replied, “why don’t you get out of your minivan and say that to my face?!” The dude in the minivan then proceeded to peel out in his minivan and zoomed off lol.

Such strength. Strong. Tough guy.

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Got shot one of Pfizer today!

Philly decided to allow unscheduled people from certain zip codes to come in, and I was in one of the zip codes. Only took me about 45 minutes to get my first shot.

Awesome stuff!

• Thanks 1

A buddy of mine at work said he got an appointment through the county so I checked my county's website and it only says to sign up through the state. But then I saw a chart of the "phase" we're in and it looks like each of the dozen 1b qualifications is getting phased in individually like what the fuck do they even understand what 'phase' even means? 

The best thing the Biden admin could do at this point is get neighborhood clinics in minority neighborhoods geared up to deliver shots. We are discouraging minority participation by needing stupid stuff like Twitter feeds or FB groups to actually find appointments.

The appointments exist, I haven’t had to take more than 10 minutes to find an appointment within a week for anybody I’ve looked for here in Houston, but it’s always some random pharmacy/urgent care/etc. that happens to have a few slots available.

It will be even worse amongst undocumented folks who don’t speak English to use these resources to find appointments.

10 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

PWHD-1abc-Phases-as-of-3.8.2021.jpg

What the fuck is this shit?

4 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Chart: <has 24 phases>

Politicians: "But we want to say we have three phases."

Gotta find a complicated means-testing angle somehow.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The best thing the Biden admin could do at this point is get neighborhood clinics in minority neighborhoods geared up to deliver shots. We are discouraging minority participation by needing stupid stuff like Twitter feeds or FB groups to actually find appointments.

The appointments exist, I haven’t had to take more than 10 minutes to find an appointment within a week for anybody I’ve looked for here in Houston, but it’s always some random pharmacy/urgent care/etc. that happens to have a few slots available.

It will be even worse amongst undocumented folks who don’t speak English to use these resources to find appointments.

Schools and community centers that are already in these neighborhoods would be great, ESPECIALLY during off hours where a lot of odd shift folks can make it

lol now the LA County eligibility listing just flat-out stops after 1b, which of course does not match the CDC 1b, and neither of them match the California 1b. :silly:

image.png

It used to go down through "general public" and groups not yet eligible had red dots next to them.

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Jason said:

lol now the LA County eligibility listing just flat-out stops after 1b, which of course does not match the CDC 1b, and neither of them match the California 1b. :silly:

image.png

It used to go down through "general public" and groups not yet eligible had red dots next to them.

image.png

image.png

Oh hey look, Home and Community Based Service people with disabilities fucked again, shocking.