Netflix reveals Top movies and shows on its streaming service in 2019

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Why lol? I haven't watched it yet but I know a lot of people who did.

A thought that constantly came to mind while watching this was "I bet Michael Bay keeps a BangBros subscription." I don't know why. Probably because the movie is so trashy and makes you feel gross.

Like, there's good Bay and there's bad Bay. This is bad Bay. A lot of bad Bay movies are clearly cocaine high induced explosiony adrenaline fests. But this can't even rise to the level of "so bad it's good" and he clearly tried to do the same thing but without the cocaine and you're just like why the fuck didn't you do cocaine for this Michael Bay? A little cocaine might actually have kept some of his worst inclinations in check. Probably the only time anybody would ever say that sentence about anything.

Then you have the terrible characters portrayed by actors straight from central casting, overly stylish nasueau inducing camera work and editing, etc. And for no reason. Even still moments are full of quick cuts and zooms. Not to mention the completely tone deaf concept of treating a billionaire as a hero as he wreaks havoc around the world and takes the law into his own hands. And not even in the metaphorical sense. He's literally destroying priceless irreplaceable things in the opening sequence of this movie.

The only good thing is that it has Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds. Which I like. But there are dozens of other movie options to get that experience.

I couldn't even finish it. Up until a few days ago it was sitting half watched in my queue since it came out. Then I realized I want to enjoy life and removed it from my list. Fucking awful.

• Haha 1

Just now, chakoo said:

I am sad it didn't make the list. We are loosing a great show this month. :cry:

On a happier note, I introduced it to my g/f and she loves it. She talked throughout our viewings how she wants Princess Carolyn to find happiness, and we're both cat people and love her character. We just finished watching the Season 6 mid-season finale. 

Sometimes we'll just say "Who? Who?" to each other because we loved that exchange in Season 2. Or I'll annoy her and go, "Hey, if you drink a lot of water today, you don't need to use a straw. STRAWS? That's it! Straws! Straws are used to transport water. Water is used for plants, which means Bojack Horseman hired Margo Martindale to make me buy that video game and RUIN MY ROCK OPERA!" And she's roll her eyes at me or, if I text that to her, do :rolleyes: :angry: 

Yes, I know I paraphrased the fuck out of the actual line, but she knows what I'm talking about. :p 

11 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Do you just mean "losing" because the second half of season 6 is coming out and the show is ending? 

Yes, sorry for the typo. I'm sad that the show is coming to an end and there isn't a replacement waiting since T&B was canceled after a single season/series.

36 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s only counting views in the first 28 days from release. So The Witcher still had a smaller window, but by a matter of weeks, not months. 

I also like that 2 minutes counts as a “view”. 

Still less than half the time of everything else on the list. Only 12 days.