Your Top Five Games of 2019 D1P Style

skillzdadirecta

Yes we have one for the decade, but we don't have one for the year... 2019 was for me, a weak year overall and I don't think there were ten good games that came out so I reduced the list to five. I spent a decent amount of time this year playing through my backlog. That said here are my top five games of 2019.

5. Remnant: From the Ashes

4. Rage 2

3.Sekiro

2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

1. Control

Sekiro 

Mario Maker 2

RE 2

Apex Legends 

The Outer Wilds 

In that order, I think (sekiro #1). Now, I’m only partway through outer wilds and it might climb. I haven’t played disco e and I think that has a great chance of getting in there, and same with bloodstained and remnant. Partway through remnant but not enough to say yet.

I have played fire emblem (fine), Pokemon (good but not top 5), and outer worlds (meh). 

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Do you not own a Switch?

Nope.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yesterday it said 8 hours left but it says 5 days now. Get it while it's hot @skillzdadirecta

I don't know if you picked up on it, but I'm not in any rush to get it. I still haven't finished RE 7 and I have The Evil Within 2 sitting in my entertainment center still sealed in plastic. I'll get it at some point I'm sure but thanks for the heads up!

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't know if you picked up on it, but I'm not in any rush to get it. I still haven't finished RE 7 and I have The Evil Within 2 sitting in my entertainment center still sealed in plastic. I'll get it at some point I'm sure but thanks for the heads up!

Well, enjoy it whenever you get it sometime in the future. :peace:

• Thanks 1

This was really a fantastic year for Switch. I'd have hardly gotten anything if I didn't have a Switch.

Shit, I forgot about Yoshi's Crafted World. Started that one with the husband, but we got sidetracked. Still need to get back to it sometime. Dragon Quest XI is another one I bought but haven't played yet. Yup, Switch is killing it.

3 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Why? Trophies? 

While I have both I choose PS4 over Switch for these reasons and often look for physical copies.

Unranked List of reasons

As for Physical copies a Blu-ray Disc is more compatible say with computers and in general.

PS4 has more raw power.Also I have a Pro so it can often run in higher resolutions than Switch.

Many Switch games are often downgrades.

I don't play portable as much on Switch.

Even if the performance is equal I pick PS4.

Better chance of BC in the future.

Better online

I can actually chat with a friend while playing or better yet invite them to play.

Share-play is great. I use it on many couch co-op type games where I can't convince friends to buy games but they can play games with me that I buy.

I have more controllers.

@Rodimus

But....Trophies! :p 

Out of all those reasons, I can definitely get behind the better online - at the very least as far as chat and invites go. And the SharePlay is a great idea. Hope future consoles pick up that feature, too. 

And of course, if you’re not playing in handheld mode, that invalidates one of the major features of the Switch, haha. 

Trophies really are a non-factor for ya, huh?I thought that was a big draw for PS4 gamers? (Or does that only apply to Xbox players and Achievements?) 

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@Rodimus

But....Trophies! :p 

Out of all those reasons, I can definitely get behind the better online - at the very least as far as chat and invites go. And the SharePlay is a great idea. Hope future consoles pick up that feature, too. 

And of course, if you’re not playing in handheld mode, that invalidates one of the major features of the Switch, haha. 

Trophies really are a non-factor for ya, huh?I thought that was a big draw for PS4 gamers? (Or does that only apply to Xbox players and Achievements?) 

Trophies are bad and still feel like an afterthought. You still have to sync them to get them to show up (unless you pay for PSplus) which is just... dumb.

Thinking back I don't think I played a lot of 2019 games this yr.  Mostly been working on my backlog, but here is my list that I can think of based on what I played the most.

1 - Sekiro

2 - Mordhau

3 - Disco Elysium

4 - RE2

5 - Apex Legends

I still haven't played outer worlds and some other games listed here.

I never buy multi-platform games on Switch unless I'm double dipping on an indie game, which is admittedly pretty rare.  I say double dipping because indie prices on Switch are still marked up like crazy.  Portable tax.

... I'll probably do it for Slay the Spire at some point.  It's so damn good.  And one of the few 2019 games I've played this year.