NYT: Trump was shown highly-classified intel that proves Putin personally ordered attack on US

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

Mr. Trump sounded grudgingly convinced, according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing. But ever since, Mr. Trump has tried to cloud the very clear findings that he received on Jan. 6, 2017, which his own intelligence leaders have unanimously endorsed.

The shifting narrative underscores the degree to which Mr. Trump regularly picks and chooses intelligence to suit his political purposes. That has never been more clear than this week.

Yeah, there's no way that Putin doesn't have something on Trump.

Mr. Trump sounded grudgingly convinced, according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing. But ever since, Mr. Trump has tried to cloud the very clear findings that he received on Jan. 6, 2017, which his own intelligence leaders have unanimously endorsed.

The shifting narrative underscores the degree to which Mr. Trump regularly picks and chooses intelligence to suit his political purposes. That has never been more clear than this week.

Or he is traitorous and views his own good fortune above the defense of the country.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If any of these Republican cowards cared about their historical reputation above their personal electoral fortunes, this nightmare would be over.

Party before country. 

Actually I think it goes Party->God------------------------------------------------------------------->country. 

12 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Party before country. 

Actually I think it goes Party->God------------------------------------------------------------------->country. 

NRA -> their bank account -> billionaires -> party -> what they believe Jesus to be -> their mistress -> their wife -----------

-> country 

• Like 1

I mean this genuinely: what purpose does impeachment or the 25th amendment serve if not for this?

Like, I wish Congress would repeal and amend those provisions, because parading them around under the guise of “if things get bad enough” is pure horseshit.

Here's the scarier thing... I was talking to a friend of mine today and he said if Trump is a Russian asset, we're basically fucked. The amount of info that Trump has access to that he could pass along, especially in an unmonitored two hour meeting is staggering. If he is a traitor, we are well and truly fucked and I'm legit nervous. More nervous than I was after 9/11. This is an EXISTENTIAL threat to the country.

• Guillotine 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Here's the scarier thing... I was talking to a friend of mine today and he said if Trump is a Russian asset, we're basically fucked. The amount of info that Trump has access to that he could pass along, especially in an unmonitored two hour meeting is staggering. If he is a traitor, we are well and truly fucked and I'm legit nervous. More nervous than I was after 9/11. This is an EXISTENTIAL threat to the country.

I would hope the NSA bugged Trump's phone just for this meeting. 

8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

NRA -> their bank account -> billionaires -> party -> what they believe Jesus to be -> their mistress -> their wife -----------

-> country 

NRA -> other corporate donors -> Trump’s Dick-> Defending Wall Street -> party -> What Would Jesus Do (when the Bible lines up with their stance) -> Secretary -> Dog -> other woman -> Wife ———-> country