getting my 1st ever cat tomorrow

MeatAndPotatoes

got him home from the shelter today. He might be a tad sick. He's been sneezing a little bit here and there. If it gets worse the foster told me to text her or i can bring him up there and they'll treat him for free. He's a cool fucking cat. Super sweet and very soft. He hasn't really eaten too much yet, and he hasn't drank any water or went to the bathroom yet. Only had him home for about 4 hours. He played a lot and then he took a short nap. He seems really happy here and tomorrow my daughter is going to freak!

vc7ls4D.jpg

GgB4wnn.jpg

NnV4nHK.jpg

87rdGSQ.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

got him home from the shelter today. He might be a tad sick. He's been sneezing a little bit here and there. If it gets worse the foster told me to text her or i can bring him up there and they'll treat him for free. He's a cool fucking cat. Super sweet and very soft. He hasn't really eaten too much yet, and he hasn't drank any water or went to the bathroom yet. Only had him home for about 4 hours. He played a lot and then he took a short nap. He seems really happy here and tomorrow my daughter is going to freak!

God, stop it, he's so fucking cute I can't handle it and my own kitty swarms me all day and night.

Regarding the sneeze, every cat I've ever adopted was a bit sick when I brought them home. I give them immune boosters and I'm sure someone else'll tell you otherwise but it always helped my cats greatly. My trusted vet originally gave me this back in the day and I've bought it since:

Viralys Immune Booster

Maybe try this if it doesn't go away within a few days. They should carry it at your local pet store.

• Like 1

So he pissed me off for the first time today. Last night i was on the pc while listening to music. I have the kilpsch pro media 2.1s with broken brackets that secure the wiring on the back of the sub so i have to play around with the wires occasionally if one gets loose and a speaker goes off. I recently did a good job of stripping and redoing the wires so they stay secure in place. Last night one of the speakers went out and i looked down to see him right behind the sub. I picked him up and moved him to the other side of the room. About 10 minutes later he did it again, but this time from under my desk reaching his paw out and knocking wires loose. This happened enough to piss me off. I moved him on the couch. Tonight he started doing it again. I know you can't punish cats just try to give them something else to do, but he continued to fuck with my shit. I was watching a youtube video about making indoor cats happy and healthy, and in the video they were talking about how cats hate loud music. I didn't really think about him knocking my wires lose but i learned something. I had placed some weights around the sub blocking off both entries to all wiring earlier today: 1TJT4T8.jpg About 15 minutes ago he was a happy fuck just playing around with his balls and shit and coming up to me for to pet him pretty often. I sat down to my pc put some music on and then it happens, I look down and i see him take his little paw out of the baricade and run to the kitchen but this time i realized he wasnt doing it by accident. He didn't like the music on so he kept fucking turning it off :lol: cute litte motherfucker n6DJao6.jpg

i think he might be trying to test me now. I have some fake plants in the living room that he keeps fucking with and he knows i dont like him doing that. I also have some spawn figurines on a bookshelf that he keeps knocking over. It pisses me off cause when they hit the ground i have to redo their stance and some of them take a minute. I've given up on the plants and he seems to not play with them as much but hard to tell. I think he knows that knocking down the figurines pisses me off so he keeps doing it to get attention. I dont want to give him the wrong kind so i came up with a rule that after thee no-nos he gets a time out with no toys for 20 minutes. I hope this works

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

i think he might be trying to test me now. I have some fake plants in the living room that he keeps fucking with and he knows i dont like him doing that. I also have some spawn figurines on a bookshelf that he keeps knocking over. It pisses me off cause when they hit the ground i have to redo their stance and some of them take a minute. I've given up on the plants and he seems to not play with them as much but hard to tell. I think he knows that knocking down the figurines pisses me off so he keeps doing it to get attention. I dont want to give him the wrong kind so i came up with a rule that after thee no-nos he gets a time out with no toys for 20 minutes. I hope this works

So you got a cat