Terminator: Resistance (03 December 2019) OT - Judgment Day (update: Enhanced Edition announced)

Pikachu

On 11/7/2019 at 6:13 AM, Mercury33 said:

well generally speaking I’m talking about games from the Genesis/SNES era. Games like Aladdin, Lion King, Stargate, True Lies, Robocop. Hell even the terrible Jaws and Nightmare on Elm Street games on the NES I loved.  That Matrix game is the only “modern” game I can think of off the top of my head that I loved. 

No doubt...as well as Ducktales and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. LOVED those games!

• 11 months later...

It's on sale right now on Steam for $24, I've been wondering if it's worth it. It does seem to go on sale relatively often, though, and I'm probably not playing it any time soon.

I probably just answered my own question. Still, I want to know if anyone played it and what they thought about it.

according to howlongtobeat, it's a relatively short game. Like 10-15 hours, depending on what you do. It has a 90% positive rating on steam, but a 60 on metacritic.

I'll probably wait to buy it until it goes on sale again at some point in the future. I'm trying to limit my "oh, I suppose I might play this one day" purchases right now because, y'know, not sure if I'll have a job in a month.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah kinda. But when you got down to 20 bucks (like it is on steam) then you kinda get past that issue. (Still I would probably wait for lower :p )

Yeah I'm kind of thinking I'll wait for it to go on a humble bundle in 2023 or something.

Then I'll feel kind of bad if turned out that it was really good.

• 1 month later...

Coming in the spring for PS5 and PC exclusively.

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" Developer Teyon and publisher Reef Entertainment are taking Kyle warning about the machines to heart. Today, the duo announced Terminator: Resistance is coming back for more as an improved game on PlayStation 5.

Teyon is taking advantage of the new hardware to deliver an upscaled 4k resolution, gameplay running at 60 frames per second, higher texture resolutions and polygon counts, improved lighting, shadows, and more detailed particle effects. When stacked up against the PlayStation 4 version, Teyon says this new iteration loads four times faster. The balance and difficulty updates that were previously released for the PC version will also be included.

As far as new content goes, Teyon is introducing Infiltrator, a mode that gives players the chance to see the war from the other side as a T-800 unit that marches against the Resistance.

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced is launching on March 26 as both a digital and physical game. Along with a standard physical version, fans can purchase a Collector's Edition that comes with a steelbook, four postcards, a mini hardcover Dark Horse comic, and a collector's box (all of which you can see below).

Following Resistance's release, Teyon is working on a paid DLC expansion that features new story content. The team is planning on a summer 2021 release for this expansion that will only be available for the PlayStation 5 and PC versions.

I plan on picking this up for PS5 eventually. I've seen it receive some pretty good word of mouth in terms of being very faithful to the atmosphere in T1 and T2 and being a great 'not perfect but has lots of heart' AA game. 

It's also funny to see this game randomly updated for PS5 with no word on so many other, way bigger releases. What I mean by that is fucking Bloodborne. Fuck you From. 

• Pikachu changed the title to Terminator: Resistance (03 December 2019) OT - Judgment Day (update: Enhanced Edition announced)