Batwoman Series In the Works at CW

31 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I know the big CW show crossover this winter will involve Batwoman.

Wait wait wait.

The CW is developing a script for a Batwoman series for 2019, EW has learned. While there’s no casting news as of yet, the character will make her debut in this year’s DC crossover event, as Arrow star Stephen Amell announced in May. EW has also learned that the forthcoming crossover will include Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl — but not DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

:guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine:BEEBO DEMANDS BLOOD:guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine:

34 minutes ago, Wild said:

Not encouraged by it being in the "Arrowverse."

Good to see Legends doesn't have to sully itself with the crossover, though.

Yeah, I'm curious how Supergirl fits as well... unless it takes place on her Earth where it's been implied that Batman exists.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Wait wait wait.

:guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine:BEEBO DEMANDS BLOOD:guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine:

Lol, I just got that reference.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I am clueless to who she is but the more I see her images the more I can see her as Batwoman. 

You see John Wick 2? She was the mute Assassin character he fought. She was also in Orange is the New Black and she will be in that shark movie The Meg. She's bisexual in real life and is also gender fluid I believe. 

Reading the comments in these articles is so much fun.

"I won't be letting my children watch this!" 

"Why do they have to put that garbage out there? We don't need a superhero's sexuality on display!"

It's like these people forget about Batman+Catwoman, Superman+Lois Lane, Ironman+Pepper Potts, I could keep going...

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Reading the comments in these articles is so much fun.

"I won't be letting my children watch this!" 

"Why do they have to put that garbage out there? We don't need a superhero's sexuality on display!"

It's like these people forget about Batman+Catwoman, Superman+Lois Lane, Ironman+Pepper Potts, I could keep going...

To say nothing of the fact that the initial marketing for Arrow seemed to basically be, “yo check out this guy’s abs.”

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

To say nothing of the fact that the initial marketing for Arrow seemed to basically be, “yo check out this guy’s abs.”

Arrow opens with Oliver drunkenly hooking up with his girlfriend's sister on his father's yacht.

Supergirl has Alex as a lesbian who nearly got gay married, and had Winn clearly getting frisky with an alien who seemed to want Klingon-grade rough sex before just nonchalantly dropping the alien girlfriend between seasons. 

Legends has Sara pursuing a lesbian romance and before that they were pushing her into Jack Harkness levels of seemingly being down to have sex with pretty much anything with a pulse. And I'm pretty sure you're supposed to conclude that Constantine and Gary are banging, and this is introduced not too long after having Sara and Constantine decide to ignore a mission partway through so that they can bang in a closet. And there's so many more examples I could use, Legends is basically a fuckfest, they just don't show you anything. :lol:

I think Flash has been the tamest of the Arrowverse shows so far. So OBVIOUSLY it's this casting choice that's pushing things too far. 

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

A fun, entertaining superhero show that is better than Marvel's TV shows?

That's true of Legends, but only because it fully embraces its cheese. Wentworth Miller set the tone on that show.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Legends has Sara pursuing a lesbian romance and before that they were pushing her into Jack Harkness levels of seemingly being down to have sex with pretty much anything with a pulse.

Ah, Jack Harkness. The world's first Omnivorousexual.

16 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You see John Wick 2? She was the mute Assassin character he fought. She was also in Orange is the New Black and she will be in that shark movie The Meg. She's bisexual in real life and is also gender fluid I believe. 

Oh shit! You just made me remember about John Wick 2. I have seen her and I actually liked her in that role. Okay, I really feel good about her.

19 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Asshole geek trolls have already pushed her off social media.  She's shut down her Twitter apparently.

The reason is awesome.  She got negative backlash because she wasn't enough of a lesbian enough to play this lesbian character... even tho she is a lesbian.  

People are terrible.