Ducktales Remastered leaving storefronts on August 8th

crispy4000

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2019/08/06/pick-up-ducktales-remastered-on-sale-now-before-it-leaves-digital-storefronts-starting-august-8th

The game will be digitally available on the following platforms until:

• Wii U – August 9, 4:59 PM PDT
  • PlayStation 3 – August 9, 8AM PDT
  • Xbox 360, Xbox One (via Backwards Compatibility) – August 8, 5 PM PDT
  • Steam (PC) – 4:59 PM PDT

75% discount ($3.74) on Steam right now.  Just picked it up.

Already own this on the (ugh) Wii U. Sucks for those that didn’t buy it already. At least there are physical copies out there, though this news may make prices skyrocket. 

I own the original as well. That fact has nothing to do with the thread, but I wanted some bragging rights. :p 

@CastlevaniaNut18 and @chakoo probably own the game as well, and embarrass me by showing they own the sequel as well. :( 

23 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Good thing I bought it six years ago!

Fun platformer with a great soundtrack. I love that they made 8-bit versions of the new songs.

Is it worthwhile if you only have middling nostalgia for the original version? I had it but I don't think I ever made it very far.

32 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Already own this on the (ugh) Wii U. Sucks for those that didn’t buy it already. At least there are physical copies out there, though this news may make prices skyrocket. 

I own the original as well. That fact has nothing to do with the thread, but I wanted some bragging rights. :p 

@CastlevaniaNut18 and @chakoo probably own the game as well, and embarrass me by showing they own the sequel as well. :( 

I do own both the original and the sequel on NES. I also own Rescue Rangers and its sequel. :D 

I got the remake on Steam a long time ago, but still haven't gotten around to playing it. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I rented it back in the day. How's that for bragging rights?

Of the few NES games I own I also have Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers like Cnut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Oh so close actually. I have the GB versions of the two games. I actually really like these versions. :peace:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Is it worthwhile if you only have middling nostalgia for the original version? I had it but I don't think I ever made it very far.

It's a very fun game with a great soundtrack. The new music is on the same level as the old music.

Plus, the Moon Theme.

I never played the original so I'm the perfect guy to ask. :p 

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

FOMO strikes again. I was never particularly interested in this, but give a game a deep discount and tell me this is my last chance to buy it, and apparently I will.

It was on my wishlist for a long time before I decided not to get it and removed it. For a few dollars I decided to get it just in case.

I've been tempted to buy it through various digital sales over the years, the 360 version is BC on XBO so for less than $4 I figured what the hell.

I owned the original game on NES and it was one of the ones I could practically speedrun (if speedrunning would've been a thing back then). Tred this one and I couldn't get past the first stage with the Beagle Boy throwing that fuckin' statue head at me. 

I don't even remember that stage. Did they add stuff?

• 6 months later...