Update: RIP in Peace, Marvel's Avengers

So other than the main campaign, there's the 80+ Warzone and challenges which consist of drop zones, hives(hives being the 2nd most challenging type of content), and faction missions which can be played co-op or solo with AI. 

Then there's the raids, the toughest content, that are multiplayer only but thankfully have matchmaking.

I think the endgame is stacked. I believe each character has there own story missions, including all of the future DLC characters and when future content releases, characters level caps and skills will increase along with it. All at no extra cost. I can't wait to play this "Destiny killer"!

https://avengers.square-enix-games.com/en-us/news/dayone/?utm_source=twitter_playavengers&utm_campaign=day_one_photo_SQEXSOCIAL

By now you know what to expect from Marvel’s Avengers on day one:      

A Full-length campaign featuring an original Avengers narrative          

6 Heroes, each with 50+ skills to upgrade + gear/outfits to unlock         

80+ War Zones/Drop Zones to play with friends or your AI Avengers          

Regularly updated Priority HARM Challenges & Priority Missions           

Later game mission types like Hives and Villain Sectors         

50+ enemy types to master          

And in the future, new playable Avengers like Hawkeye, as well as new story content and regions – all at no additional cost    

On 8/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

I have no problem with the use of DLC in this fashion.  If the developer is going to continuously update the game there should be a means for people to pay them for it.  Costumes, customization, and achievements (battle passes) are superfluous.  These are things you can ignore and still experience the full game experience.  But for people who enjoy gathering those things, the option is there for them to do so.

But an interesting, idealistic (and currently unrealistic) use of micro transaction experience could be tied to the actual coders who don't get a fucking union.  Like giving your waitress a tip, buying a costume or other micro transaction puts money directly into the people's pockets who were responsible for making that particular piece of code.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I have no problem with the use of DLC in this fashion.  If the developer is going to continuously update the game there should be a means for people to pay them for it.  Costumes, customization, and achievements (battle passes) are superfluous.  These are things you can ignore and still experience the full game experience.  But for people who enjoy gathering those things, the option is there for them to do so.

But an interesting, idealistic (and currently unrealistic) use of micro transaction experience could be tied to the actual coders who don't get a fucking union.  Like giving your waitress a tip, buying a costume or other micro transaction puts money directly into the people's pockets who were responsible for making that particular piece of code.

Gamers just don't seem to understand this part right here. I NEVER pay for this shit in games that have it and I still get to enjoy the game.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Gamers just don't seem to understand this part right here. I NEVER pay for this shit in games that have it and I still get to enjoy the game.

I rarely do unless something stands out as something I really want or if I'm really enjoying a game and want to contribute a small amount of money.

13 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Darn I'm going to be playing on PS 4.

Yup, sucks they don't support Crossplay.  

I believe games should get knocked in reviews now for not supporting it for multiplayer games like these.  There are enough Crossplay games now that it's clearly not that difficult to implement.  I see not supporting Crossplay the same as having a lackluster Multiplayer experience now.  It can be done they just aren't supporting it for whatever reason.

15 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Fucking great idea , Id support that shit in a second.

26 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Yup, sucks they don't support Crossplay.  

I believe games should get knocked in reviews now for not supporting it for multiplayer games like these.  There are enough Crossplay games now that it's clearly not that difficult to implement.  I see not supporting Crossplay the same as having a lackluster Multiplayer experience now.  It can be done they just aren't supporting it for whatever reason.

How they said it though about it not being available at launch makes you wonder if it might be possible later on.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah but that could be exploited. Like imagine dropping in at the end of the raid, not having done anything and you get the full rewards.

Raids sure, but The Division and Destiny both managed to do it without it being exploitative. You can't even watch the players who are playing as you wait to join them if they are  playing. it sucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Raids sure, but The Division and Destiny both managed to do it without it being exploitative. You can't even watch the players who are playing as you wait to join them if they are  playing. it sucks.

Yeah I guess it's been several months since I played Destiny. I forgot you can drop in at the end of a strike pretty much. :p

Though I don't recall being able to spectate someone you're not playing with or joining in the middle of a story mission.

If they let you toggle online play, then the hell with it, let people join at the end. If you don't like that idea, turn it off.

I don't want to quit out of a mission halfway through so my friend can join, and I don't want to sit there staring at the screen waiting for them to finish.

• Thanks 1