A cancer patient from Montgomery, Illinois, has been sentenced to four years in prison for ordering a 42-pound package of chocolate marijuana edibles to self-medicate. The day after he pleaded guilty, the state legalized recreational marijuana.

There's a provision in the bill that lets individual cases of prior convictions be submitted to be potentially expunged (there was an earlier version where they just expunged all prior convinctions that they changed for fuck knows why). If there's any justice, this guy's case will be submitted January 1st.

12 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

There's a provision in the bill that lets individual cases of prior convictions be submitted to be potentially expunged (there was an earlier version where they just expunged all prior convinctions that they changed for fuck knows why). If there's any justice, this guy's case will be submitted January 1st.

Does the state have any private prisons?

5 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Under the new law, adults could buy and possess up to one ounce (30 grams) of marijuana for personal use.

The new law also aims to remedy past injustices to minorities who were disproportionately affected by the war on drugs, advocates said. It would clear the criminal records of those convicted of possessing 30 grams of marijuana or less. It would also provide incentives for minority investors who want to enter what's expected to be a growing marijuana industry.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-bc-il--recreational-marijuana-illinois-20190609-story.html

How much marijuana would be in 42-pound package of chocolate marijuana edibles?

When police officers searched Franzen's home, they also allegedly found cocaine, as well as various drug paraphernalia, such as a digital scale and packaging materials.

"Evidence from state and federal investigators shows that he has purchased and sold marijuana products across North America," Kane County State's Attorney Joe McMahon said in a statement. "In addition to the evidence found in his home, we also have evidence that he had received multiple packages that raised the suspicion of postal inspectors prior to his receiving the package that led to his arrest." Since the case was resolved through a plea deal rather than a trial, none of this evidence was adjudicated in court.

Well that headline was sure misleading lol

53 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

I don't know if that's any better now.  Something between that newsite and my phone don't like each other when it comes to c/p

When police officers searched Franzen's home, they also allegedly found cocaine, as well as various drug paraphernalia, such as a digital scale and packaging materials.

"Evidence from state and federal investigators shows that he has purchased and sold marijuana products across North America," Kane  County   State's Attorney Joe  McMahon said in a statement. "In addition to the evidence found in his home, we also have evidence that he had received multiple packages that raised the suspicion of postal inspectors prior to his receiving the package that led to his arrest."

Since  the case was resolved through a plea deal rather than a trial, none of this evidence was adjudicated in court.

Now you can fix it from your phone. 

28 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Now you can fix it from your phone. 

Yeah...for some reason I can't fix with an edit.  Like if I post it new again or quote it..it works...but when I go to edit that already made post it's wonky and won't properly bring up my options.  Or maybe it's because I'm on PC now trying to edit? :shrug:

19 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Yeah...for some reason I can't fix with an edit.  Like if I post it new again or quote it..it works...but when I go to edit that already made post it's wonky and won't properly bring up my options.  Or maybe it's because I'm on PC now trying to edit? :shrug:

16 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Or just hold to paste, and then select "paste as plain text."

Yup, this isn't rocket surgery. After you paste formatted text, a black box with "Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead" appears at the bottom of the editor. Just hit that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Or just hold to paste, and then select "paste as plain text."

That's what I didn't do the first time, but the second time when I did it when I tried to amend the edit

....it didn't give me the option and it still didn't show up right.  And for some reason it wouldn't let me completely delete the previous post completely 

28 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

That's what I didn't do the first time, but the second time when I did it when I tried to amend the edit

....it didn't give me the option and it still didn't show up right.  And for some reason it wouldn't let me completely delete the previous post completely 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Next time hit this one: YefIys6.png

mike myers ok GIF

When police officers searched Franzen's home, they also allegedly found cocaine, as well as various drug paraphernalia, such as a digital scale and packaging materials.

"Evidence from state and federal investigators shows that he has purchased and sold marijuana products across North America," Kane County State's Attorney Joe McMahon said in a statement. "In addition to the evidence found in his home, we also have evidence that he had received multiple packages that raised the suspicion of postal inspectors prior to his receiving the package that led to his arrest." Since the case was resolved through a plea deal rather than a trial, none of this evidence was adjudicated in cou

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

When you paste something with formatting there's a new link at the bottom of the post field to remove formatting. You don't need to do anything special.

THANK YOU FRIGHT 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:16 AM, Jason said:

Yup, this isn't rocket surgery. After you paste formatted text, a black box with "Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead" appears at the bottom of the editor. Just hit that.

• Like 1