Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (05/21): Shadow of the Erdtree "Story Trailer"

2 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Yep. Looking forward to anxiously roaming around, getting my butt handed to me by a enemy or boss I wasn't quite ready for then coming back to it with confidence after power leveling and getting it handed to me again

You didn't enjoy it?

Just now, Bacon said:

That's how to do it. I personally always pick something with good HP and Strength/Dex cuz I only use melee weapons.

I just remember seeing lots of magic builds but I prefer melee. 

I'm interested in how this carries over to the dlc. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played roughly 2 hours. A lot of basics I forgot so I'm glad I started over. I was trying to summon help but nobody came. I assume not many are playing this anymore. 

That should change shortly as the hype for shadow builds. 

• True 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played roughly 2 hours. A lot of basics I forgot so I'm glad I started over. I was trying to summon help but nobody came. I assume not many are playing this anymore. 

Naw bro it's still a very active community. I just played this past Sunday and nearly every summon area I passed had multiple signs on the ground. And I'm always seeing the online ghosts wherever I go.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nublood said:

Naw bro it's still a very active community. I just played this past Sunday and nearly every summon area I passed had multiple signs on the ground. And I'm always seeing the online ghosts wherever I go.

Ok, nice. Maybe it's because of the time of day. Like vic said, maybe the hype of the dlc trailer will make this even more active. 

28 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok, nice. Maybe it's because of the time of day. Like vic said, maybe the hype of the dlc trailer will make this even more active. 

Yea on Sunday, people are at home gaming as God intended.

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

Scared Relic Sword Wave of Gold spam in that area is easier, nets more runes and is idk.. More satisfying lol

:doh:Every time I go to that specific location, I keep forgetting I have that sword. My goofy self keeps spamming arrows at that bird. But yea, I can’t believe From never patched that area so I just keep exploiting the crap out of it. 

4 hours ago, nublood said:

:doh:Every time I go to that specific location, I keep forgetting I have that sword. My goofy self keeps spamming arrows at that bird. But yea, I can’t believe From never patched that area so I just keep exploiting the crap out of it. 

If you stack buffs so if you do >150% more damage to an enemy than that enemy's HP you get more runes than barely killing them. And then obviously wear the Gold Scarab and eating Gold Pickled Fowl Feet for even more runes.

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Should I be able to play this online on my deck?

I made sure my connection was good but the two times I got into the menus it says failed to connect? Anything I can do?

Does anyone have an answer to this who owns a deck?

On 2/21/2024 at 8:30 PM, nublood said:

They definitely haven't. Still get around 14k for the bird if I remember right with the golden scarab and around 50-60k for the alien bug babies

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I just booted it up, and it connected with no issues.  Is your internet using a weird DNS server?

Not that I'm aware of. I checked my settings and it's connected on my deck. But every time I boot it up the game it reads failed to login. Check your connection. Recommend anything?