Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

1 hour ago, legend said:

I think their secret for success it really seems like everyone through the chain just wants to make a great game that they want to play as big nerds, rather than focusing on how to nickle and dime their customers and adapt the game design to have "mass market appeal." They just make a good game and it pays off because treating people like products ultimately makes worse games.

Doesn’t hurt that D&D has never been more popular ATM/

• True 1

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

I was thinking warlock..can any type have sex with a bear?

To engage in Ursine Intercourse, at least one of the parties must have the "Wild Shape" ability that's associated with Druids:

BALDURSGATE3.WIKI.FEXTRALIFE.COM

Wild Shape is a Traits and Feature in Baldur's Gate 3. Wild Shape effect, requirements and tips for BG3.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

You might like Ball Sacks Gate.

Na I watched vids. It's definitely not for me but I see the appeal big time. It's tempting but I'm such a noob of that genre I'd be asking a million questions on here and then get yelled at for doing so. :p

• Haha 1

Even Larian is a bit unsure whether the effort will be worth it in the end. In an interview with Eurogamer, Swen Vincke said:

"This depends on how Baldur's Gate 3 will do! I don't know this.

This game should not be made, right? It's what people call 'the classic RPG' - although I'd disagree with that - with triple-A production values on top of it. Nobody's actually really done that, so we don't know how big our market is, and we don't know what it's going to do, so we'll have to see. And that will define what we can do afterwards."

I wouldn't mind a full expansion to start with!

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Is anyone playing with a controller? If so, are you having issues with it? 

I definitely don’t recommend using a controller for character setup. I found it frustrating.  Like most, traversing the world it is fine. In combat, it’s a bit cumbersome, but definitely takes some time to get used to it. 

12 minutes ago, Brian said:

I definitely don’t recommend using a controller for character setup. I found it frustrating.  Like most, traversing the world it is fine. In combat, it’s a bit cumbersome, but definitely takes some time to get used to it. 

Is gamepad how you are playing still or did you do a dual setup with gamepad on the left stick and mouse on the right? 

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Is gamepad how you are playing still or did you do a dual setup with gamepad on the left stick and mouse on the right? 

I moved to the laptop so I’m using mouse and keyboard. When I switch to the Ally later, I will go back to controller. I know some are using a dual setup but I don’t feel the need. 

1 minute ago, Brian said:

I moved to the laptop so I’m using mouse and keyboard. When I switch to the Ally later, I will go back to controller. I know some are using a dual setup but I don’t feel the need. 

Okay, so gamepad isn’t THAT bad. 

Just now, stepee said:

Okay, so gamepad isn’t THAT bad. 

Only problem is the character create for me. The character create is different on game pad than mouse. I found it frustrating. Since the Ally has a touchscreen, I started use that but then it changed my input to a mouse and the whole screen changed. 

• Thanks 1