Jurassic Park hasn’t aged at all

52 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

In the preview it cuts off at “Aged...” I assumed the next word was “well” and I was ready to storm in here guns a blazing lol

Lmao. I’m confident JP will be timeless and will forever be enjoyed by cinephiles/casuals/adults/kids for as long as film is around. 

Those CRT computer monitors though. 

I’ve always thought the practical, puppet Raptor legs when they “jump” on the metal counter in the kitchen looked a bit wonky. 

All in in all the CG is high quality and used sparingly enough with animatronics and puppets that really keep anything looking too out of place. 

I guess it depends on what you mean by "holds up."

Are we talking about films from the early 90s what are just as good today as they were then? Because that's a rather large pool.

Are we talking about VFX heavy films that are still convincing 25 years on? If so, Jurassic Park falls into an odd place. As one of the first CG heavy movies, I think many films before it hold up better than the films immediately after.

Regardless, it's one of my favorite films of all time, and I'd argue it holds up under pretty much any metric.

Still the whole package: script, performances, visuals, music, sound design and iconic scenes and quotable dialogue throughout.  It's difficult to put into words how special Jurassic Park was when seeing it as a kid in theaters back in 93. There was palatable hype starting with screenshots in magazines, the marketing, action figures, trailers and so on.  Then to actually go and watch the movie and have it be as good as it was, exceeding all expectations, talking about it with everyone the next day...the levels of hype and enjoyment it evoked...it isn't something that happens frequently. I don't feel nostalgia very often, but that movie is probably an exception.