Final Fantasy VII Remake OT - Big Trouble in Little Midgar

SaysWho?

2 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I didn't mind the speed on traversing the world map.  It was just the battle speed made the random encounters feel like it took forever.  I did get up to the part where Sephiroth attacked some beach?  That is all I remember lol.  That time in my life, I rarely played video games and was more into getting laid and getting drunk.  

You'll be able to speed that up. I found it incredibly helpful for grinding at the end to beat Emerald and Ruby Weapons. Since at that point I was way stronger than most of the enemies, it was great to just speed past all of the waiting.

4 hours ago, Eggman76 said:

Well that spoiler even back then was only impactful because a main character in a plot that happened to be interactive died unexpectedly. Think about how basic that is for ANY story, regardless of medium. If that was always the most interesting part of FFVII, I guess maybe the whole game really should be considered forgettable.  :lol:

I was never expecting too much from this game's story though because there's just no way it's held up as well as everyone's memories of it.  But it's been too long since an enjoyable FF game has been released so hopefully it will at least be that.  

Pffft, Phantasy Star IV killed off Alys way before FF killed Aeris. 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:50 AM, eggydoo said:

That is all I remember lol.  That time in my life, I rarely played video games and was more into getting laid and getting drunk.  

Psh. Some of us were playing FF7 while getting drunk and laid. :p

To be fair though, she was an Asian art student so FF7 was kinda my.. um... "in" i guess you could say.

Yes, I used FF7 for evil. I regret nothing.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

So for the first half of 2020

The Last of Us Part II

Cyberpunk 2077

Final Fantasy VII Remake

likely Nioh 2

probably Ghost of Tsushima

Elden Ring

Mother of God.

It's still loaded but I have to imagine Sony wouldn't release TLoU2 and GoT in the same quarter. 

26 minutes ago, Dodger said:

It's still loaded but I have to imagine Sony wouldn't release TLoU2 and GoT in the same quarter. 

I'm talking first half, not first quarter. :p 

Althoouuughhh, while Detroit wasn't as big, it was still AAA and released a month after GOW, so maybe they would?

But I doubt it; for their first party show pieces, they normally space it, so I'm thinking both are first half.

The Lowest it will be is three. The Highest it will be is six. You are basically buying an early access game if you but FFVII before everything is out. I mean, you literally can't beat the game when you buy it. And it is entirely possible that each EP is fucking 60 bucks.

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The Lowest it will be is three. The Highest it will be is six. You are basically buying an early access game if you but FFVII before everything is out. I mean, you literally can't beat the game when you buy it. And it is entirely possible that each EP is fucking 60 bucks.

who cares?

1 minute ago, TheGreatGamble said:

who cares?

Are you fucking for real? You don't even get a full fucking game. It is pathetic you are fine when episodic releases. Fucking fanboys who eat up any kind of shit that gets put out need a swift kick the head.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Are you fucking for real? You don't even get a full fucking game. It is pathetic you are fine when episodic releases. Fucking fanboys who eat up any kind of shit that gets put out need a swift kick the head.

Again, im fine with this. Split it in three, break it up at the original disc ends. I'll pay 60$ each, gladly. So will 10 million others.